Your next gig

• OK, well, my next gig is Steve Hackett at the Scottish Rite Auditorium on April 8th. Of course, I am looking forward to it very much! 👍

However, I am really here to tell you about a ticket I just bought, for an act I thought was not ever going on the road again (just like with Genesis before they announced “The Last Domino?”).

Roxy Music is doing a small run of shows in honor of their 50th anniversary in North America and the UK! The original band (minus Brian Eno, of course) is going on the road again - yes, even Andy Mackay, who had somewhat recently announced his retirement from live performance due to his Dupuytren’s Contracture. I guess he found a treatment/training regimen that worked for him.

There is a pre-sale going on RIGHT NOW. If you want to take part in it, the password is “ROXY50” (without the quotation marks) for pre-sales on both sides of the pond.

I already have my ticket for Philadelphia, three days before the general on-sale. If you are a Roxy fan, now is your chance to see them again, and very likely for the last time.

Thanks for the heads up about the pre-sale. Tickets are in the bag for the O2. Possibly, like Genesis, the last time we'll see them live.

• Roxy Music is doing a small run of shows in honor of their 50th anniversary in North America and the UK! The original band (minus Brian Eno, of course) is going on the road again - yes, even Andy Mackay, who had somewhat recently announced his retirement from live performance due to his Dupuytren’s Contracture. I guess he found a treatment/training regimen that worked for him.

There is a pre-sale going on RIGHT NOW. If you want to take part in it, the password is “ROXY50” (without the quotation marks) for pre-sales on both sides of the pond.

I already have my ticket for Philadelphia, three days before the general on-sale. If you are a Roxy fan, now is your chance to see them again, and very likely for the last time.

Many thanks for the tip. I didn’t know about this tour & got tickets for Manchester this morning. This afternoon the pre-sale had sold out. Never seen them before. It’s a shame Brian Eno won’t be with them, but Genesis fans know the feeling ;)

Only 3 UK dates seems quite modest though; I’d have thought they’d have done more than that.

• Thanks for the heads up about the pre-sale. Tickets are in the bag for the O2. Possibly, like Genesis, the last time we'll see them live.

Many thanks for the tip. I didn’t know about this tour & got tickets for Manchester this morning. This afternoon the pre-sale had sold out. Never seen them before. It’s a shame Brian Eno won’t be with them, but Genesis fans know the feeling ;)

Only 3 UK dates seems quite modest though; I’d have thought they’d have done more than that.

You are both welcome! :thumbup:

It is the overly understated way that this tour has been rolled out that led me to posting about it here, complete with the pre-sale password. Let me tell you how I found out about it...

I get emails from every venue where I have seen a show. That, of course, is standard industry practice, and it's mostly a good one. Anyway, large venues host sporting events as well as concerts; so, being on the mailing list for one kind of event usually signs you up for mailing lists for all events (this is less good of a standard industry practice, but I'll certainly forgive them this time). The local professional ice hockey team in Philadelphia sent me an email Tuesday morning to announce their upcoming games (the team is having a historically bad season, so sending out more marketing emails is probably a good thing - attendance at the games now must be dreadful). Anyway, as I was scrolling down the message, in the banner ad at THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE EMAIL was the announcement about this Roxy Music reunion tour! 8| I just stared at it for a few seconds. The way it looked (and where it was located in the email) I just assumed that it must have been announcing some kind of 50th anniversary celebration of the band for fans of the band, maybe with a tribute band playing. It was so underwhelming-looking that I didn't recognize it as a proper announcement of a real reunion tour.

Reading it more closely, it began to dawn on me that this might be a real reunion tour announcement. So, I went to Bryan Ferry's website (I knew his would be active; the one specifically dedicated to Roxy Music isn't always active) - sure enough, the RM reunion tour was a real thing, and Bryan (or, more likely, his webmaster), very helpfully, posted the pre-sale links and password. After I scored my ticket, I made it my temporary mission in life to tell as many people as I could that this tour was actually occurring. I found out completely by accident, and I'm sure that there would be others in the same boat. It looks like I guessed properly. ^^

Anyway, you two enjoy your shows, and I will enjoy mine!8) I'm just so happy that it's happening! ^^

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• I must admit I’d never bother to scroll to the end of a venue email for a local sports team event, I’d just delete it!

Annoyingly this morning I happened to see a brief interview on Sky TV with Graham Gouldman saying a 10cc reunion tour of the UK had just started. Good I thought, when are they playing Manchester? Turns out it was 3 days ago :(

But for anyone who doesn’t live in Bath, Cardiff, Manchester or Southend, here’s your chance:

https://10cc.world/events

• Lots of other dates though, on into Sep/Oct - don't fancy a trip to one of those?

They're up here in Oct which could become a crowded gig month for me at this rate.

Abandon all reason

• Saw Lifesigns for the first time last night in Oundle UK. Very very impressed. Quite a fanatical crowd and I spent a bomb on the CDs. If we have time will see them again at the Robin2 on Sunday. He asked us to spread the word. So am putting stuff elsewhere on this site.

• Lifesigns are an excellent band! Each iteration of the band has been fantastic. I was thrilled when Dave Bainbridge (most famous for Iona) joined them a few years back. Would love to see them live someday!

• Following the earlier posts about 10cc, I decided to add them to my gig itinerary which is now:

The Charlatans - Aberdeen, May

Bob Mould - Glasgow, June

10cc - Perth, October

Public Service Broadcasting - Inverness, October

Angel Olsen - Edinburgh, October

My own mini tour of Scotland.

Abandon all reason

• Suprise gig for me tomorrow . Off to see Nick Masons Saucerful of Secrets. Bought ticket nearly two years ago for my birthday last year and forgot to due the madness during this time . Saw a mention of the tour last week which reminded us and after half hour or more trawling through e mails for NM or Birmingham Symphony Hall found the receipts for Nottingham! Found the e tickets just after!

• The Zombies.

Probably one of the only touring bands older than Genesis. When I saw the little picture of them in the ticketmaster app, I couldn't but think of Phil's phrase from the intro to Old Medley; "these magnificently preserved torsos" 😆

Well, we saw them last night.

They were good! I recognized more songs than I thought I would. Like "she's not there". The keyboard player, Argent, seems like a bit of a blowhard but told a good story about how "Time of the Season" became a hit.

The crowd was mostly old, and one or two diehards that got freaky back in the day were rocking as hard as they could. More power to them. The venue was a lovely old movie theater.

It was nice. I had a beer, and myself and the wife got to do something different with another couple other than watch our kids play!

• Rod Argent of course had his own band, imaginatively called Argent, best known for the hit Hold Your Head High.

Hold your head UP (covered by Fish on his Songs from the mirror album), and also God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to you.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Rod Argent of course had his own band, imaginatively called Argent, best known for the hit Hold Your Head High.

Yes they played that too, got the crowd going. Overall it was quite a positive experience. Much plainer than Genesis but variety is the spice of life, or something.

• Tonight, I am seeing The Rock Orchestra play the “Duke” and “Abacab“ albums (at least in part, if not in whole) in Wilmington, DE.

The talented dodo from our message board here will be the “Tony Banks” of the band. 🎹 Rumor has it that he will also be performing interpretative dance during “Who Dunnit?” (but perhaps I just made up that possibility). Will he at least wear the snorkel mask that Tony once wore? 🤿 I will have to let you know later….

• Tonight, I am seeing The Rock Orchestra play the “Duke” and “Abacab“ albums (at least in part, if not in whole) in Wilmington, DE.

The talented dodo from our message board here will be the “Tony Banks” of the band. 🎹 Rumor has it that he will also be performing interpretative dance during “Who Dunnit?” (but perhaps I just made up that possibility). Will he at least wear the snorkel mask that Tony once wore? 🤿 I will have to let you know later….

Please post a review of the concert! I will be seeing them later this month in Milton, Delaware performing the same show :)

• Please post a review of the concert! I will be seeing them later this month in Milton, Delaware performing the same show :)

I’ll do it under his original post. 😎

The short version - GREAT show! You are in for a good evening of excellent music! 👍