The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• I'm a happy chappy tonight. Just realised I had some dates mixed up. Thought I wouldn't be to see John Otway and Wild Willy Barret at a local venue in September but it turns out I can go afterall. However it still looks like Wishbone Ash is unavailable . I wonder if I ask them nicely if they'll change the date they're playing.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've just seen reports from 2 years ago about a supermarket in Denmark that won't let shoppers in unless they smile at it. Its entrance is supposedly triggered by recognising a face smiling. All the reactions to this I've seen are positive, saying "I love this!" and "What a great idea!"

If it's real and still going, I think it's bloody terrible. What a stupid system. And I'm not just saying that as someone who, while generally positive and optimistic, has a default scowling expression that has to be torturously coaxed into a smile, although it's partly that.

Abandon all reason

• I've just seen reports from 2 years ago about a supermarket in Denmark that won't let shoppers in unless they smile at it. Its entrance is supposedly triggered by recognising a face smiling. All the reactions to this I've seen are positive, saying "I love this!" and "What a great idea!"

If it's real and still going, I think it's bloody terrible. What a stupid system. And I'm not just saying that as someone who, while generally positive and optimistic, has a default scowling expression that has to be torturously coaxed into a smile, although it's partly that.

What's you're problem? With that permanent evil grin on your bright yellow face you would have no problem getting in.

• What's you're problem? With that permanent evil grin on your bright yellow face you would have no problem getting in.

I did wonder if you could fool the system by holding a big cardboard smiley face in front of your head. Or indeed, an evil cackling grin. Or an upturned banana in front of your mouth.

Abandon all reason

• There has to be a way to crack this thing, sooner or later some nerd will find out. Something like hold a photo of a pink rubber boat and you're in. I really don't get all the people who "celebrate" this kind of big brother bs. Ooooh, you haven't smiled enough lately! The system wants you to be happy! Seriously. Why do people love nanny bots like this.

• This is hilarious. Leicester take the lead against Stoke and these two men, these adult men, can't take a young lad of about 7 teasing them about the scoreline.

Someone replied "Officer, that kid's being mean to me!"

The absolute RAGE on cap guy's face. I really hope they are recognised wherever they are and have the piss ripped out of them for the remainder of their natural days. I mean, imagine being like that!

Someone else on that thread weighed in with "There's faults on both sides really" and I couldn't tell if they were being satirical.

Abandon all reason

• That is so funny. Two guys should be ashamed...love the kid

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Getting ready to go and see Nine Below Zero and Dr Feelgood tonight . Checked the times and noticed that it's in two weeks time! Had this date in mind for ages and bought the tickets without even double checking them , they rescheduled . New date clashes with Sisters of Mercy gig , fortunately I haven't bought the tickets for that one yet. Looks like I'll have talk to Mrs Farmer tonight .

• On another platform I just read a comment starting with "There's an old proverb that says..." which made me think, regarding how often that phrase is used - are there any new or at least recent proverbs?

"There's a late 1970s proverb that says..."

"There's a noughties proverb that says..."

Was there some cut-off point when fresh proverbs stopped being created? Was there a Proverbs Production Board that made a public announcement saying we globally have more than enough proverbs to see out humanity's existence and they were therefore shutting up shop?

Abandon all reason