PETER GABRIEL - I/O: The Tour 2023 (general info)

• Well, from what I've seen and heard, a Blue-Ray of one of their shows would be nice.

The tour in 2024 would be a great lake after touring North America after the summer.

A second tour of Europe to finish at Glastonbury. Of course, much better than Elton John.

In 2004 I was at Lisbon _Rock & Rios to see PG when he had just released UP, with the crystal ball bouncing on stage (Growing UP). It's perhaps the only time he was at a multi-day festival.

I imagine that after the American tour he will think about what to do, whether to continue or not?

It should be finished by now and I'd like to see how it sounds in the studio without a lot of mixes... a normal cd/LP.

On monday 3/07 we have a full moon and there will be a new song!!!

• I didn't know that THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY was performed in the USA BEFORE BEING PUBLISHED THERE.

What I notice now is single songs by peter gabrieL PERFORMED BY OTHER ARTISTS and the appearance of musicians of his generation like STEVE WINWOOD who we recently saw at the coronation concerts of King Charles of England and who plays his hammond organ.

Speaking of other artists, Rebekka Bakken does a superb rendition of HERE COMES THE FLOOD on her latest album: ALWAYS ON MY MIND and Steve Winwood appears on BETTY LAVETTE's latest CD (Lavette!), where Betty covers songs by singer/songwriter RANDALL BRAMBLETT.

• ...In 2004 I was at Lisbon _Rock & Rios to see PG when he had just released UP, with the crystal ball bouncing on stage (Growing UP). It's perhaps the only time he was at a multi-day festival...

No, he's done such things several times before. For instance, the very Glastonbury festival you mention. (In 1994.) Coincidentally, 3 July is the 40th anniversary of him doing this at Belgium's Werchter Festival. (Albeit that this was one of those spread over more than one location.)

• I didn't know that THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY was performed in the USA BEFORE BEING PUBLISHED THERE.

Not by design. And the tour started only two days before the album was first released. And although it was a couple more weeks before the album came out in the US, import copies were available very quickly after its UK release on 22 November.

• Glastonbury 94’

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it’s less than catastrophic… a very energic show !

• I'm going to say this once more and then will remain quiet on the issue forever.

There are other places in the world where tours could take place besides Europe and North America.

• I'm going to say this once more and then will remain quiet on the issue forever.

There are other places in the world where tours could take place besides Europe and North America.

Up to you of course but in your position I'd go the opposite way and get louder and make more noise about it. Ditto fans in Far East, SE Asia ans S America.

Abandon all reason

• Hello,

you are absolutely right. There have been many places in the world where the i/o tour has passed through. I say this because SPAIN is not a country that is frequent in their last tours.

At his age there will no longer be extensive tours but a month or so of dates and hope that he continues to produce new and good songs.

My apologies because there is a world beyond Spain....

My apologies

• Hello,

you are absolutely right. There have been many places in the world where the i/o tour has passed through. I say this because SPAIN is not a country that is frequent in their last tours.

At his age there will no longer be extensive tours but a month or so of dates and hope that he continues to produce new and good songs.

My apologies because there is a world beyond Spain....

My apologies

No need to apologise, and all the points about his age, etc, are well taken. I can't see Peter coming to Australia at this stage in his life. I was lucky that I saw him back in 1994. I was even luckier that I saw Phil. The pandemic has made big acts more & more reluctant to travel to more 'far flung' places and in the case of a band I would love to see, Rammstein, they won't come here because the logistics of transporting their stage set probably wouldn't allow it. Anyway... I am happy for those of you who have seen this tour and there is always YouTube.

• Hello, friends of the forum:

Here I leave you a very interesting link of the Verona concert (Peter Gabriel Gira i/o). It is collected in FairfaxCityMusic, by CLAUDIO BUSTAMENTE, creator of this channel and radio:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bye Friends!

• Official Post

🤣🤣 just read Tony Levin‘s alternate lyrics for i/o

https://tonylevin.com/road-dia…iel-io-tour/favorite-pics

• Hello friends of the forum.

I have translated the alternative lyrics of i/o into Spanish and it is very nice.

I write (in Spanish) in a music blog (ROCK THE BEST MUSIC)...

And I translate it to english with the help of the deep translator....

Federico

• Official Post

that’s not in English and I think the majority here wouldn’t understand …

• PG/IO European Tour from 18/05 to 25/06

Author: FEDERICO LUIS CLAUSSKLAMP

A few days ago the European tour of Peter Gabriel's new album I/O, which still has no release date. We imagine around March 2024.

In October or November 2022 we had indications that Peter was working on a new album after a whopping 20 years since his last studio album, if we exclude experiments like "Scratch My Back". It was one of his main musicians, Manu Katche (drums) who told us that the album contained "good songs",

Then the European tour dates came out, first in Europe and then in North America. Through Tony Levin's diary we got to know the new members of the band and the songs that are coming out of PG's hat every full moon, as well as pictures of the first rehearsals (soon we will have a new song).

The new musicians seem to me to bring spontaneity to the band; violins, viola, wind instruments, etc...give a different texture to Peter's music and songs.

More than half the songs in a set being "new" is risky; but PG has never been a "regular guy". Introducing the new songs at the beginning of each full moon with various mixes, bright and dark, is smart.

So far we know 6 new ones: Panopticom, The Court; Playing The Time, i/O, Four Kind of Horses and Road To Joy. As in the US, each song is accompanied by a piece of artwork.

I was looking forward to their concert in Berlin, with a cheap ticket, another time!

It seems that there were no cameras to record any of the concerts and make a good dvd/BlueRay.

We didn't know which songs apart from the new ones he was going to play. But in Krakow some doubts were revealed, like that the beginning would be Washing of The Water, and then in acoustic format they would play Growing Up (UP), then the new songs would come with a spectacular visual show by Robert Lepague, and other songs that had not been played before as a single: This is Home, Love Can Heal, And Still, Live and let live, So Much (Coppenaghe), etc...

In Germany at the beginning of the concerts he performed Here Comes The Flood in the Teutonic language. Pg has performed his music in the language of each country and has made us wish he would also come to Spain...? Soon (let's see if any promoter will come up!).

This time I will do my best to attend!

The newspapers and journals in each country have welcomed the new songs in good spirits, although it is clear that Solsbury Hill, Sledgehammer, Digging in the Dirt, In Your Eyes, Red Rain and Biko belong to PG's essential catalogue.

The forums and blogs in various countries have been raving about the music of this new "Gabriel", giving positive reviews of his new songs-

Some songs seem to be freshly cooked and others with more re-elaboration. PG fans have missed Games Without Frontiers or Schock The Monkey for example.

In short, it has been (is) a return of PG in style; with the risk of presenting their new songs in public and with the only blemish of the Nothingham concert which had to be cancelled due to logistical problems

• Hello forum friends

It seems that PETER GABRIEL at the insistence of his fans will put in the REAL WORLD shop some merchandising products of I/O 2023, either a program and I imagine that T-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc..

Be careful because on ebay there are some 2023 - I/O tour programmes for exorbitant prices...

• Hi, I was watching and listening to some BBC specials this morning about the GALSTONBURY 2023 festival and it would be a very good idea for Peter Gabriel to perform some i/o tracks in 2024.

There are songs like i/o, Playing the time, Four Kind Of Horses or So Much that would fit very well there.

Don't you think like me?

By the way, there are still no t-shirts and programmes for the i/o 2023 tour available at REAL WORLD STORE...are they?

• Man, just browsing shows to see what's still available, lots of tickets available at most US shows, especially the Tier-2 type of mid-sized cities.

Was this the case in Europe and a lot of last-minute sales??