Shipwrecked Phil Collins (AI) version!!!!

• No, it does NOT!

There was also an AI version of Not about us with fake Phil vocals. And there you had a Scottish accent in his voice.
    Shipwrecked suits Ray‘s voice so well anyway. Why bother how it would have sounded like with Phil? Leave it as it is!

Edited once, last by Nanunami ().

• I'm amused by the idea of doing this, and there are moments when it sounds pretty good but it's mostly quite shit. Yet simultaneously there's also something a bit creepy and haunting about it. I can imagine it being in the Dream thread.

The gushing comments under it are quite funny. "Great job. Amazing!!!! Much better than the original!!!! Lifts it to a whole new level!!!!" 😂

I'm looking forward to someone doing more songs but in the voice of Paul Carrack, who was interested in being the singer, and Nick Lowe, who sent in an audition tape after PG left.

There was also an AI version of Not about us with fake Phil vocals. And there you had a Scottish accent in his voice.

Oh man, I must hear this!

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

Oh man, I must hear this!

Here you are

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am not sure where this will lead us and if it's worth anything. I also heard Freddie Mercury sing Bryan Adams Songs and stuff like that.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• It appears that AI has more I than the people who are using it. WHY? would appear to be the question that should be asked about anyone bothering to do this with any song with any artist. Rude Word pointless!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• It's funny to me the lengths some Genesis "fans" will go to "improve" things Genesis has done. For a long time it was just the "check out my re-sequenced playlist" or "come see how much better the album is after I left off the songs I don't like."

But now we've "progressed" to the point we're replacing the singer?

I suppose it's interesting from a "well, there's something I've never heard before" standpoint, and I prefer how Not About Us turned out more than Shipwrecked, but it's still kinda weird.

• It's funny to me the lengths some Genesis "fans" will go to "improve" things Genesis has done. For a long time it was just the "check out my re-sequenced playlist" or "come see how much better the album is after I left off the songs I don't like."

But now we've "progressed" to the point we're replacing the singer?

Not that I feel any great need to defend this thing, but I honestly think your comment isn't quite what's going on. I do think people who do the stuff you refer to definitely are fans; and as we're all fans in our different ways there'll be some who'd never think of re-sequencing an album, let alone patching in a different singer, and prefer everything left untouched. While others will delve into those things. It doesn't lessen their fandom.

I do agree that with the AI re-voicing there's a weirdness to it, but it's an interesting weirdness. There's also something a bit unsettling about it, but I quite like being unsettled.

Abandon all reason

• He's done half the album by the looks of it, I found CAS, Congo, Alien Afternoon, Not About Us, If That's What You Need and Shipwrecked. More to come I assume.

I do find it interesting in a strange, ghastly kind of way. It's not very good, but neither was the Baird Televisor compared to a modern TV (I assume!). Give it a few years, and I bet we'd never know it hadn't been originally sung by Phil (if we didn't know the original I mean).

I think other people doing this are also more skilled than this guy. There's a Beat It with Phil singing that's much better, Phil's voice has an edge to it, whereas these CAS ones seem to be all based on his two sappiest ballads. This adds something creepy to the verse of CAS but generally sounds terrible.