NIC COLLINS: New band project THE EFFECT with well--known colleagues

• Official Post

Nic is part of a new band project that involves Steve Lukather's (Toto) son Trevor, Emmett Lee Stang and Steve Maggiora (Toto)

Details:

/ Nic Collins: Band project with well-known colleagues (genesis-news.com)

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• The Effect will be the support act for TOTO during their 7 shows in Germany this summer!

cheers

Christian

• Worth checking out as far as I am concerned. They sound very West Coast, Toto-esque even - which is hardly surprising given the Toto genes, but I quite like bit of that on occasion.

Speaking of Toto, WHAT a live band they were back in the day. I saw them at Hammersmith in the 80s and they blew the roof off; the crowd went absolutely berserk that night. The late Jeff Porcaro threw me his towel at the end of the show - extremely sodden it was too! It still resides in a box in the loft. Perhaps one day they will be able to recreate him from the genetic material that must still be in the fibres. He was a great drummer, not sufficiently recognised despite being the backbone to some of the most popular tracks in history.

Anyway, I digress. Shame they're not doing any dates in the UK. Shame Toto aren't come to that, but then again I'd probably prefer to remember them at their peak.

• They have three singles on Spotify, I hope they do some covers. :/

The third one was released today. As mentioned in our news (see link in first post) a new album / their first is finished waiting to be released. Would make a lot of sense to get this out before the shows.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Meanwhile, another date was announced - they will perform on 8 June at the Coop Live Festival in Route de Plaissan Puilacher, Languedoc-Roussillon, France

Coop Live Festival 2024
    Get notified whenever new Coop Live Festival 2024 details & artists are added.
    www.bandsintown.com

cheers

Christian

• At the end of the day. We are Genesis fans. And Nic played with them but The Effect simply might have a different idea how to make music

cheers

Christian