GENESIS: New Shepperton 4K film premiers today (50th anniversary)

• Official Post

Exactly 50 years ago today, Genesis paused their "Selling England" tour for filming shows at the famous Shepperton Studios in Surrey. Twenty years ago, fans of the "Meeksgroup" bought a 16mm film copy of the hour-long concert at auction, and the Genesis Museum provided the first transfer and restoration back then, still in SD quality (this video was later used for the official SACD/DVD). In the meantime, technology has made great improvements - 4K scanners produce significantly more resolution not only for the film, but also for the soundtrack. The new UHD version (2900 x 2160p) with improved color reproduction and new stereo remix premieres today at 17:00 CET:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Christian

Changed the title of the thread from “New Shepperton 4K film premiers today” to “GENESIS: New Shepperton 4K film premiers today (50th anniversary)”.
    • Official Post

Some additional info about the project

http://www.genesismuseum.com/shepthom.htm

• Exactly 50 years ago today, Genesis paused their "Selling England" tour for filming shows at the famous Shepperton Studios in Surrey. Twenty years ago, fans of the "Meeksgroup" bought a 16mm film copy of the hour-long concert at auction, and the Genesis Museum provided the first transfer and restoration back then, still in SD quality (this video was later used for the official SACD/DVD). In the meantime, technology has made great improvements - 4K scanners produce significantly more resolution not only for the film, but also for the soundtrack. The new UHD version (2900 x 2160p) with improved color reproduction and new stereo remix premieres today at 17:00 CET:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I didn't see that coming and this really is beyond my expectations! It should be an official release. Looking forward to seeing TMB again with that show soon ...

• Saw this the other day already. Just wenn you thought 'we saw everything', something better of what we have seen already comes along. Thanks for sharing and for this amazing work!

• Really stunning. I always wonder why they never did a boxset with that stuff, like Marillion did and others. They missed a great opportunity here ...

... make tomorrow today!

• Haven’t watched that for a few years boy have they done a wonderful job with that 4k transfer. I guess now that’s the definitive work film wise of the classic line up. Thank you Genesis museum for giving fans such treats.