Strictly Inc live (BBC)

• I didn’t know that Strictly Inc performed live at the BBC.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I didn’t know that Strictly Inc performed live at the BBC.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Apologies I'd never brought this to your attention before. I thought it was widely known about. (Well, within the context of Banks fans.)

• 😆😆

That is astonishingly cringe worthy. Fair play to him for going out there and trying, I certainly couldn't. But it's terrible. The visual effects on Only Seventeen are hysterical though, and worth the price of admission.

Also, thanks for sharing. I can't believe they played live, maybe there were bigger hopes for that project?

• 😆😆

That is astonishingly cringe worthy.

While the first one was playing I thought, in light of your comment, yes it's dull but not that bad, though it was amusing that TB mimed to what sounded like female backing vocals.

Then 'Only Seventeen' started up and suddenly your remark made a lot of sense. I didn't know the song before. The lyrics are pretty cringey. Yeah the screen effects are very funny. And it has male backing vocals that TB doesn't mime to. The whole thing is imbued with a sort of crappiness that comes from being over-enthusiastically introduced by Alan Titchmarsh on a daytime TV sofa.

Elsewhere on the board there's another Pebble Mill clip of a Bankstatement appearance. It amuses me that Banks decided that for these 'solo band' outings he needed to present a more dynamic image by, er, standing up (and in the Bankstatement clip he's shockingly at audience left. Can you handle it?).

maybe there were bigger hopes for that project

I think he always had bigger hopes for his projects.

Abandon all reason

• I think the look on his face at the end reveals Tony felt much the same as Backdrifter. He almost is the anti-Titchmarch.

For overseas friends- the presenter is Alan Titchmarch - a relentlessly chirpy tv gardener turned presenter of largely worthless light entertainment programmes and near the top of my list of people not to get stuck in a lift with.

• Alan Titchmarch - a relentlessly chirpy tv gardener turned presenter of largely worthless light entertainment programmes and near the top of my list of people not to get stuck in a lift with.

Near the top?!

You left out novelist, poet and creator of an album called The Endless Garden. Yes, he's done songs. With titles like Myrtle and Peony. If you were stuck in a lift with him maybe he'd sing you a few to pass the time.

Abandon all reason

• I think my favorite part is when he sings "into the tunnel..." in Only Seventeen. It's the same calibre as the dated cheesy video shown by the instructor in that episode of The Office with the customer service/workplace relations course, "he who cares, wins" or something like that.

Creator of an album called The Endless Garden. Yes, he's done songs. With titles like Myrtle and Peony.

Oh dear god. Morbid curiosity is going to get me on this one.

• I feel I’ve started something that’s going bad ways! I have lots of questions, why did Backdrifter have this information so readily to hand? How will I cope when I inevitably research Alan’s canon of work? Is there any risk that the spike in online interest will be noticed by his agent and cause him to go back into the studio? These are serious matters….

• why did Backdrifter have this information so readily to hand?

When bad things happen, they can stick in your mind.

As to you and watcher further investigating: don't. The words of Professor Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park are, as is so often the case, pertinent here - to paraphrase, "You're so focused on whether you could, you're not thinking about whether you should!"

No, let us leave this place and never speak of these things again.