New GNC interview with Steve Hackett - your questions?

• Hi everyone

We will do an interview with Steve about his new album and the upcoming tours. If you have any questions you'd like us to ask, feel free to post them here.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Dear Steve,

You should take a look at Peter Gabriel's last LP: astonishing constructions but a sense of subtle melody from start to finish. Also, if you're going to use orchestral tapes, wouldn't it be better to have a real orchestra? Your latest albums sound very fake...

• Any chance of Blood on the Rooftops reappearing in the setlist?

Is Amanda able to join for more than the odd guest appearance in future?

Does Steve think of his solo career in phases and, if so, how would he characterise each phase?

• Roger King is quite an "average" keydoard player but a mediocre producer. Even in Darktown - praised by many here - the record sounds like it was recorded in a cellar. It's just awful, and the songs barely hold together. Fortunately, TWTS and Wild Orchids improve things a little. King is better as a producer on Steve's classical albums. What do you think?

• Roger King is quite an "average" keydoard player but a mediocre producer. Even in Darktown - praised by many here - the record sounds like it was recorded in a cellar. It's just awful, and the songs barely hold together. Fortunately, TWTS and Wild Orchids improve things a little. King is better as a producer on Steve's classical albums. What do you think?

I think you need your ears syringing! I'd say he was a very good keyboard player, and up until BTSH the production was great (and this includes Squackett, which was already in the can.) The question is, is it Roger or Steve who have lost direction since then? Maybe both?

I assume the question at the end is not one you were directing at Steve, but maybe the thread could stick to serious questions for Steve, I can't imagine Christian asking Steve some of the ones listed above face to face. Maybe the originators would like to go and ask them of him themselves? :/

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

...is that actually a question you're suggesting for the interview?!

I've got issues with Darktown but the production isn't one. To say it's as bad as you suggest seems a tad hysterical.

Abandon all reason

• ...is that actually a question you're suggesting for the interview?!

I've got issues with Darktown but the production isn't one. To say it's as bad as you suggest seems a tad hysterical.

I admit my excessive judgment. I'm just disappointed because Hackett is an exceptional guitarist and some albums could be so much more with different arrangements (and a different singer). We'll probably have to resign ourselves to repeating the same formula on future albums.

• In the '80, Gabriel -Banks- Collins and Rutherford left prog music to follow the fashions of the time.

But if the Cured album had become a hit, would you have continued with pop music? :/