"Get Phil voted in" - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

• Not sure if this came up before. There is a facebook group trying to get Phil into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

There's also a twitter / X account here

getphilvotedin (@getphilvotedin) on X
    Dedicated to encouraging Rock & Roll Hall of Fame to nominate & induct legend Phil Collins, solo artist https://t.co/4Qe92YUpKi
    twitter.com

They obviously didn't succeed this time, but it is indeed strange Phil was never nominated as a solo artist so far.

Last but not least: There even isna petition!

Sign Petition: Phil Collins Should Be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a Solo Artist)
    Phil Collins... 50+ Years of Music and Devotion to Fans... For his significant contribution to music as an innovative, (652 signatures on petition)
    www.thepetitionsite.com

• If Genesis and Yes can be inducted, then I don't know why Phil wouldn't be inducted.

I do know why. It's because entry is governed by a small exclusive cabal operating under non-transparent procedures that according to disgruntled insiders seem to be based entirely on personal preferences. Based on previous such campaigns which garnered huge support but were ignored, the 'get Phil in' one will be just as unsuccessful.

But as I said, who cares, and why? I'm kind of with Mike Nesmith of The Monkees when he said that the HoF is a private enterprise and is therefore not in any way beholden to public convention or expectation. It's up to the individuals concerned, who run this particular private enterprise, to do whatever they want with it. That's fair enough, but equally means it has no real significance despite all appearances to the contrary. I never understand why fans of 'excluded' acts get so worked up about it, or conversely bellyache about acts that are included. The attention, debate and focus on it have given it way more importance than it deserves.

Abandon all reason

• Phil Collins is not a marginal act by any means. Talent apart, far less successful acts have already entered the Hall of Fame. And if this private enterprise self-proclaims the Rock Hall of Fame, it should act as such and not like the Cool and Consented-to-Be-Played Music Board.

• if this private enterprise self-proclaims the Rock Hall of Fame, it should act as such and not like the Cool and Consented-to-Be-Played Music Board.

It's theirs to do whatever the hell they want with, regardless of what it calls itself. It'd be best if acts and their fans didn't give a shit about it.

Abandon all reason

• It is totally a private enterprise, with no aspirations to serve anyone but themselves. That said, for the longest time they favoured American-based artists and artists that have had a big impact on the American music landscape. However, that bias has shifted in the past decade or so, hence the admission of artists such as Genesis, Yes, Rush, heck even The Cure. If anything, Phil has more mainstream acceptability in the U.S. than some of these other artists I mentioned. So I do expect that at some point he will get in.

• It is totally a private enterprise, with no aspirations to serve anyone but themselves. That said, for the longest time they favoured American-based artists and artists that have had a big impact on the American music landscape. However, that bias has shifted in the past decade or so, hence the admission of artists such as Genesis, Yes, Rush, heck even The Cure. If anything, Phil has more mainstream acceptability in the U.S. than some of these other artists I mentioned. So I do expect that at some point he will get in.

But he was TOO mainstream, hence why Peter got in and he hasn't.

• Well, if he already has 5 Grammy awards, 1 Academy award Oscar, 1 Golden Globe and more, the RRHOF seems like a much lesser honor for Phil. But it would be nice to induct Phil, while he is "NOT DEAD YET" :)