GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• Rumours of another lockdown in October coming from a newspaper here now. The i. They talk of mask wearing being made mandatory in public places and social distancing before the lockdown too...

It's Cold and Flu season, so I'm sure Covid will be mostly blamed for this. I think the concert will go ahead, IMO this is probably precautionary measure to wear a mask.

• If I may slip in a comment on this thread about the US leg of tour, the big fear here is that the trends will follow a pattern that has been with us since the outbreak of the pandemic: a major holiday = a major spike in cases. We just completed the Labor Day holiday and the expectations are the inevitable spike will follow. We are already at a very high daily rate of new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths—the highest since the first major surge. I’m banking on the fact that the date of the show I’m attending (Nov 18th in DC) is neatly situated between what should be a decline in cases following the Labor Day spike and the next spike, which will come after Thanksgiving (November 25th).

• Tory in untruth shocker!

Btw, they've commented on the story today and said there are no plans to lock down again.

Clever wording there. Plus every time they've said anything they've u turned so watch this space I reckon.

• If I may slip in a comment on this thread about the US leg of tour, the big fear here is that the trends will follow a pattern that has been with us since the outbreak of the pandemic: a major holiday = a major spike in cases. We just completed the Labor Day holiday and the expectations are the inevitable spike will follow. We are already at a very high daily rate of new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths—the highest since the first major surge. I’m banking on the fact that the date of the show I’m attending (Nov 18th in DC) is neatly situated between what should be a decline in cases following the Labor Day spike and the next spike, which will come after Thanksgiving (November 25th).

My hope is that mask wearing becomes mandatory in large indoor venues. Of course, it won't; the usual "you are strongly encouraged to wear a mask" BS. I'm seeing them in Philly in early December which is just about perfect timing post-Thanksgiving.... I actually feel worse for the band and crew. Phil, especially, given his frail state, needs to be ultra cautious as it wouldn't take much to put him out of commission, I suspect...

• I don't think ( at least ) some of us have done enough.

suppose it's different for each country

Here in the Republic Of Ireland our restrictions have been way OTT and we still have another month til we're back to 'normal'. Indoor events have returned but full capacity shows won't be allowed til 22nd Oct. We in Ireland have certainly done enough

Just noticed the tour timer has forgot the Dublin and Belfast shows have been postponed. Currently has the tour set start 6 days from now ;(

• The gvt has always made it abundantly clear that some restrictive measures might have to be reintroduced in the autumn/winter over the next couple of years. While maintaining that they want to avoid another lockdown at virtually all costs.

The newspapers are, of course, desperate for clicks and sales and generate panic by spouting any guff they can "think" of. What is entirely feasible is that around mid to late October, we might get an extended school half term if it is felt that schools are driving an increase in infections and if that increase is resulting in significantly higher number of hospitalisations and deaths. The weekly death toll has risen, but may still be what the gvt deems "acceptable" - though I realise it isn't acceptable to the relatives of those who die early from Covid-19. It's also conceivable that there will be an indoor mask mandate, and it still defies belief that there are people who make such a fuss over face coverings. I don't especially like them for a variety of reasons but the science is there, proven for decades, they help prevent spread of respiratory disease. They're safe for the vast majority of people to wear. They're not muzzles or some magical symbol of freedom (or oppression. Gods, if wearing a piece of cloth over your face is the most repression you ever face, then you are doing extremelywell).

I think it highly likely that "vaccine passports" will become some sort of legal requirement to attend large indoor events and clubs. Those restrictions will hopefully be sufficient to prevent a disastrous increase in serious illnesses which will over-run the NHS.

Either way, I see no changes until mid October....not that I have inside info, I'm just listening to what the politicians actually say rather than through the filter of hysterical newspapers. I also pay attention to people like Whitty and Van-Tam.

• Article about Phil on BBC Breakfast TV This Morning- Can somebody find the video:

Thanks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.