What are you listening to right now?

• I just took a much needed journey thru Duke...

I'm one of those who enjoys the half speed vinyl versions, and IMO Duke is possibly the best sounding of all those releases-perhaps next to SEBTP, W&W and Shapes.

• I just put in Genesis (Shapes)...it was the first Genesis record I got when I began getting into vinyl about 2 years ago. I haven't listened to it in several months, but I'm into it right now, and I'd forgotten about the gloriousness of Second Home By The Sea!! Quite possibly my favorite Genesis instrumental...

• Last year a friend of mine left me her entire CD collection because she only listens to streaming these days. I am still digging through these ~300 CDs.

Playing right now:

Annie Lennox - Diva.

I fell in love with this album right away. The song writing, the production, the keyboards, the vocals, the moods, the grooves, everything is totally my cup of tea.

• I just got PG: Car on vinyl, the half-speed remaster.

I've never heard this album sound so good-it breathed new life into an album that IMO had somewhat...sloppy mixing originally.

• “Safety in Numbers,” by Crack the Sky. They were Baltimore’s proggy champs back in the late 70s-early 80s.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There's something about this short song that makes me think of brave resistance. Love it so much.

• Blue Oyster Cult. On Your Get Or On Your Knees. One of those I've had for years( about 45) that gives what feel likes a real life experience. Never really got to grips with each track vocals indistinct, it's always been like listening to a band I've never really known much about . Always a great listen

• I can tell you what I'm NOT listening to: Peter Gabriel i/o!

LOL I'm trying to avoid listening to the new songs now that I've seen the concert, in order to 'keep them fresh' and not wear them out by the time I'm able to get the album!

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Three albums tonight:

• Warren Zevon - Self-Titled
    • Long John Baldry - Everything Stops for Tea
    • Harry Nilsson - Aerial Ballet

Which also reminds me, if any of you would happen to have suggestions on albums along the lines of the aforementioned ones, I would be very thankful.

• Those of you into Genesis' more romantic, dramatic moments might like this...

External Content music.youtube.com