The Genesis Trivia Quiz

• I think you should have it and set the next question. For those following - Peter did some demos after he left Genesis and Ant was in the squad! Well done and sorry to mess about. Over to you

• I think you should have it and set the next question... Over to you

OK. This should be an easy one:

What unusual thing (among Genesis songs) do "Watcher of the Skies" and "Carpet Crawlers" have in common? (Hint: It's nothing within the actual songs.)

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Well the one former member who recorded with four (not five) other members would have to be Steve. He recorded with Mike, Phil, Ant and Ray.

But I think the recording with Phil was on Voyage of the Acolyte, while they were still both in the band.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• OK. This should be an easy one:

What unusual thing (among Genesis songs) do "Watcher of the Skies" and "Carpet Crawlers" have in common? (Hint: It's nothing within the actual songs.)

This might be a reach, but each was the last song on the 2 medleys played during the ATTOT tour (TLLDOB/Windshield/Carpet Crawlers) and (It/Watcher)...

I think I have an idea, I think the answer can be found on Archive 1 and the platinum collection. I be may be off beam but, am a bit scared to make an actual guess because the the best question I have at the moment is "who was Genesis's original lead singer?!"

I'm wondering if it's that they both had truncated/re-recorded versions released as singles.

Abandon all reason

• I'm wondering if it's that they both had truncated/re-recorded versions released as singles.

I think the Willow Farm section of Suppers Ready was also released as a single, maybe a B-Side of something else. I've never heard it but seem to remember reading about that.

• I think the Willow Farm section of Suppers Ready was also released as a single, maybe a B-Side of something else. I've never heard it but seem to remember reading about that.

I've always thought The Reverend would've made a nice standalone single. I'm not keen on Battle but love that segment.

I think I'd heard that Willow was a single. My thought about the quiz question was that those tracks were re-recorded as singles but I don't know if the same applied to Willow Farm if it was indeed a single/b-side.

Abandon all reason

• I've always thought The Reverend would've made a nice standalone single. I'm not keen on Battle but love that segment.

I think I'd heard that Willow was a single. My thought about the quiz question was that those tracks were re-recorded as singles but I don't know if the same applied to Willow Farm if it was indeed a single/b-side.

Totally agree about the Reverend section. I like the rest of the song but when that section comes up I always enjoy it as kind of a song within a song. Neat idea for it to have been a single. Imagine a song just starting "They called me the Reverend when I entered the church.....",neat!

Not sure about the Willow Farm single being re-recorded, but I see what you mean about the question. I kind of half forgot about the 1999 version of Carpet Crawlers but yeah that was a totally new version. I didn't care for it much myself but it was interesting all the same.

• Totally agree about the Reverend section. I like the rest of the song but when that section comes up I always enjoy it as kind of a song within a song. Neat idea for it to have been a single.

If it had been, and sold well, it would've been joined by B*witch's catchy C'est La Vie as a hit single featuring a certain sexual practice and getting away with it.

Abandon all reason

• struggling with any obvious link...other than were released as singles at the time....may need to think a bit harder!

Willow farm was the B side to Watcher...don't remember seeing it on Top of the Pops😂

• If it had been, and sold well, it would've been joined by B*witch's catchy C'est La Vie as a hit single featuring a certain sexual practice and getting away with it.

Sorry don't get it .I remember the song my six year old daughter had the CD but I never paid that that much attention to it and I'm not up on meanings behind B*witched lyrics.

• Sorry don't get it .I remember the song my six year old daughter had the CD but I never paid that that much attention to it and I'm not up on meanings behind B*witched lyrics.

Steady on, I'm not claiming knowledge of B*witched song meanings in general!

Both C'est La Vie and The Reverend make (oblique) reference to oral sex. Certainly in the case of C'est La Vie it appears to have gone unnoticed by broadcasters.

Abandon all reason