The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• I saw the prog god speech when it came out. Hilarious actually. Pete was hilarious!!! Gabriel really took over Tony’s show once again :P

haha. I like to imagine that he is probably actually very funny. People with a dry sense of humor are sometimes some of the funniest people. I love on Sum of the Parts when Phil is talking about the squabbles the band would have and he said he would be like “did I miss something?” The camera pans wide and you can see Tony cracking up, it’s great.

Tony’s response was ok, but Pete’s jokes about Tony’s keyboard solos going from prehistoric times into the future had the crowd going ^^

• Reason 9,614 why phones are annoying. I typed 'friendships' in a msg and it suggested the 'hmmm' emoji 🤔. Was it making a value judgement about me? As in "Friendships? YOU?!"

Abandon all reason

• Earlier I was vacuuming, a chore I really detest. It set me thinking: if while the vacuum cleaner was on, and you plugged the unadorned end of the hose over one of your eyes, do you think it would suck your eye out? I mean, obviously it wouldn't totally detach the eye, but maybe it'd dangle out? Perhaps look like the end of Total Recall?

Obviously I didn't try it, nor will I ever but I just wondered if anyone ever has or would be willing to give it a go and report back here. Cheers!

Abandon all reason

• I have heard about people, who used a vacuum cleaner for a certain sexual exercise with remarkble results. Not that I would ever do such a thing.....

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• I have heard about people, who used a vacuum cleaner for a certain sexual exercise with remarkble results. Not that I would ever do such a thing.....

Surely there'd be potentially a number of sexual practices a person could use a vacuum cleaner for, not just one?

(I bet no-one imagined the Randomness thread being used to discuss this)

Abandon all reason

• Earlier I was vacuuming, a chore I really detest. It set me thinking: if while the vacuum cleaner was on, and you plugged the unadorned end of the hose over one of your eyes, do you think it would suck your eye out? I mean, obviously it wouldn't totally detach the eye, but maybe it'd dangle out? Perhaps look like the end of Total Recall?

Obviously I didn't try it, nor will I ever but I just wondered if anyone ever has or would be willing to give it a go and report back here. Cheers!

I'd say it would definitely suck the eyeball out, particularly ours. There's an episode of Mythbusters (great programme) where they pick a car up with one. A cleaner will generate a certain negative psi, and with enough surface area, and time, it will apply enough negative pressure to lift it.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

Thought I might give it a try! ....:/

=O :thumbdown:

😆

I think it would all depend on the seal. If you got a perfect one and you could somehow keep your eyelid wide open then I think the eyeball would be gone.

• Bizarre Telegraph/YouGov poll I just read about:

6% of Americans think they could beat a grizzly bear in a fight. 72% think they would win against a rat, 61% against a goose, and 49% against a medium-sized dog.

I wonder what would've prompted the "fight" in each case. "Whaddya say about my mother, you ursine/rodential/feathered/neither small nor big canine asshole?!"

Abandon all reason

• Doesn't sound all that bizarre after a semi-serious discussion about the effects on putting a hover to your eyeballs... :/

...which begs the question: which would you rather do? Try to vacuum out an eye, or have a fight with a grizzly? This is important - at any point, any of us might have to make that choice.

By the way, I love this idea of having a 'fight' with a rat. The idea of seeing a guy writhing and wrestling about on the ground with a rat, "GRRAAAAARRRGGGH!" More so that some people thought they'd lose that fight.

Abandon all reason