Red Blue and Green Boxes Who do we contact?.

• I think that both a survey, and what prices are on eBay, Amazon, etc, would compliment each other very well, and provide more than enough evidence for them to do something.

All they could do is say no.

• I'm surprised they don't want to keep the surround mixes in print. I understand that the actual boxes increase production costs but that's certainly not a requirement. I have all of the sets but I still wish they were available for those that still want them.

Heck, I'd even re-buy all of the blue box albums if they were willing to remaster without the heavy-handed compression that was added at the mastering stage back in 2007.

• I'm surprised they don't want to keep the surround mixes in print. I understand that the actual boxes increase production costs but that's certainly not a requirement. I have all of the sets but I still wish they were available for those that still want them.

Heck, I'd even re-buy all of the blue box albums if they were willing to remaster without the heavy-handed compression that was added at the mastering stage back in 2007.

The compression? it was the worst on the stereo recordings. But at the time the boxset was £120 retail, I purchased my copy for the surround mixes.

TGA

• The compression? it was the worst on the stereo recordings. But at the time the boxset was £120 retail, I purchased my copy for the surround mixes.

TGA

Yes, the compression on the stereo mixes. The surround mixes are great, but that's not how I generally listen anymore. Having a stereo version of the remixes that aren't brickwalled with compression would be nice.

• I can understand not releasing the boxes themselves, as that would likely be a more costly production run. There is probably a minimum the would have to do and they might be unsure if that minimum would sell.

But what about just making them available for download, with the booklets also downloadable? Wouldn't that be cheaper? I vaguely remember being able to download the extra songs from the Rainbow concert that didn't fit on the CD.

• I vaguely remember being able to download the extra songs from the Rainbow concert that didn't fit on the CD.

Pardon? the extra songs from the Rainbow concert, appear on the DVD that was included in the boxset. Its the first we have heard that they offered a download option. Even the CD/DVD USA boxsets would have had the extra tracks on the DVD portion of the boxset.

TGA

• Pardon? the extra songs from the Rainbow concert, appear on the DVD that was included in the boxset. Its the first we have heard that they offered a download option. Even the CD/DVD USA boxsets would have had the extra tracks on the DVD portion of the boxset.

TGA

Yes, they offered up a download of the two missing songs. Otherwise there wouldn't have been stereo versions of those two songs.

• Pardon? the extra songs from the Rainbow concert, appear on the DVD that was included in the boxset. Its the first we have heard that they offered a download option. Even the CD/DVD USA boxsets would have had the extra tracks on the DVD portion of the boxset.

TGA

The download was offered through the old Genesis Forum. Nick Davis was a regular contributor on the forum during the remixing process, frequently giving forum members updates on his work. When the Live box was released, Nick said he had done the stereo remixes for Watcher of the Skies and The Musical Box from the Rainbow show even though they weren't going to be included on the Live Box Extra Tracks CD. He provided a link in a forum post to download the 2 tracks.

Edited once, last by Joey ().

• The download was offered through the old Genesis Forum. Nick Davis was a regular contributor on the forum during the remixing process, frequently giving forum members updates on his work. When the Live box was released, Nick said he had done the stereo remixes for Watcher of the Skies and The Musical Box from the Rainbow show even though they weren't going to be included on the Live Box Extra Tracks CD. He provided a link in a forum post to download the 2 tracks.

Joey, we were on the old forum (it was actually the 5th or 6th edition of the official forum). Whilst we don't remember everything. We do know that Nick Davis had a section on there.

Having met Nick Davis twice (both at The Farm), its just one of those things that has slipped my mind.

So, thank you for the update on this.

TGA

• It also would have been easy to miss Nick's post with the links to the downloads. I seem to remember not many people were interested.

• It also would have been easy to miss Nick's post with the links to the downloads. I seem to remember not many people were interested.

At the time the big draw of the sets were the surround mixes, but I'm a little surprised they weren't all that popular. I'm just glad that the missing songs were offered up at all. There were a lot of bonuses both big and small that came about through Nick's attention in the old forum that made the boxes better than they might have turned out.

• This is close.

Three of them (the green, blue and red ones) for $2200. Shipping is only $122!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27526…1a468a:g:Aw4AAOSwA61dgTO4

If these get sold for anything near those prices I will go out , buy myself a hat and eat it. E bay sellers frequently take the mick. It's a poor site to find out genuine value .

• If these get sold for anything near those prices I will go out , buy myself a hat and eat it. E bay sellers frequently take the mick. It's a poor site to find out genuine value .

No doubt. I've seen these consistently listed for absurd prices though and would love to know what they actually sell for. I wouldn't be so surprised if it was astronomically high.

• No doubt. I've seen these consistently listed for absurd prices though and would love to know what they actually sell for. I wouldn't be so surprised if it was astronomically high.

If you click on "advanced" next to the search box, you get the option to show "Sold listings" only, and it will show the price, or if an offer was made, the asking price is crossed out. Don't think you can see the offer, but it confirms it sold for an offer.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• No doubt. I've seen these consistently listed for absurd prices though and would love to know what they actually sell for. I wouldn't be so surprised if it was astronomically high.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2166808-Genesis-1970-1975

Discogs is the best site for finding genuine value . With clear info on what records have actually gone for and what they are worth. Clearly the these sets are worth are a lot of money but sellers do push and I would expect they could be negotiated down. Interesting to see the highest price the green box ( the most valuable) has gone for was £390. The complete ( 3 box) collection should be got for less than £1000 with live and movies gettable for under £200 each.

• At the time the big draw of the sets were the surround mixes, but I'm a little surprised they weren't all that popular. I'm just glad that the missing songs were offered up at all. There were a lot of bonuses both big and small that came about through Nick's attention in the old forum that made the boxes better than they might have turned out.

I like having the stereo versions so I can listen to these songs wherever I don't have access to a player for the surround mixes.