Tony Banks on Radio Rich pickings with host Richard Macphail

• Official Post

Interesting that Tony hints a video from the show might come - despite the fact no show apart from the rehearsals was filmed

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Interesting that Tony hints a video from the show might come - despite the fact no show apart from the rehearsals was filmed

He sounded a little frustrated that the rehearsal wasn't going to be released though. As if he had been outvoted on the decision.

• Tony is a bit of a Beach Boys fan boy. Me too, so here's a list of the songs he name dropped as some of his faves:

Don't Talk

Let's Go Away for Awhile

Make It Good

Thoughts of You (Dennis Wilson solo song)

Disney Girls

Feel Flows

Surf's Up (his ultimate choice)

:thumbup:

• Presumably he is referring to a UK release of the PBS doc. I would be happy to have this as part of a blu ray set comprising the When in Rome concert, and the Come Rain or Shine doc. Given the stature of the band and their longevity, I think we have been poorly served by Tony Smith over the years. If Steve Hackett can put out high quality videos of his tours, which are on a much smaller scale, I can't see why Genesis couldn't. The excellent When in Rome concert was put out on DVD only. Come on Tony Smith do keep up, everything is in HD now. That none of the 2021/22 shows have apparently been filmed shows that Tony Smith has lost the plot.

• Presumably he is referring to a UK release of the PBS doc. I would be happy to have this as part of a blu ray set comprising the When in Rome concert, and the Come Rain or Shine doc. Given the stature of the band and their longevity, I think we have been poorly served by Tony Smith over the years. If Steve Hackett can put out high quality videos of his tours, which are on a much smaller scale, I can't see why Genesis couldn't. The excellent When in Rome concert was put out on DVD only. Come on Tony Smith do keep up, everything is in HD now. That none of the 2021/22 shows have apparently been filmed shows that Tony Smith has lost the plot.

Did you read the bluray/dvd thread?

Abandon all reason

I can understand they didn't film it. The setlist was pretty much the same, the market is different now. On the other hand, it probably was the best stage show they ever did. But they did tape the rehearsals, so maybe we will see something at some point.

• Interview with Tony where he picks 20 of his favorite songs and explains why he likes them.

Brief mention of last Genesis tour at around 1hour 30 minutes

https://www.mixcloud.com/richp…sVHCtS-ZIPW_22gHJQIMl6Izc

I will give that a listen when I have time. I looked at the picture. Are they wearing LARP T shirts! Thats the Live Action Role Play people! Can't imagine they are on to all that. Surely not.

• I will give that a listen when I have time. I looked at the picture. Are they wearing LARP T shirts! Thats the Live Action Role Play people! Can't imagine they are on to all that. Surely not.

LOL! ARP are a synthesizer company