Songs making animal references

• Here's an odd thing that recently occurred to me: Did you know that, on every Genesis studio album, there is at least one song that makes reference to an animal of some kind? For example:

In The Wilderness (deer)

White Mountain (wolf)

Seven Stones (gull)

Supper's Ready (fox)

I Know What I Like (lovebird)

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (self-explanatory)

Mad Man Moon (horse)

All In A Mouse's Night (mouse/cat)

Burning Rope (eagle)

Heathaze (duck)

Dodo (dodo/fish)

Silver Rainbow (bear)

Tonight Tonight Tonight (monkey)

I Can't Dance (dog)

Congo (ant)

And now you know! Sorry, just had to get that off my brain...

“When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, ‘Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.’” -- Yogi Berra

A soldier survived mustard gas in combat, and then pepper spray from the police. He's now a seasoned veteran.

• Not to be picky, but I don’t think that’s what the OP was going for.

I didn't want to say anything, but you're correct!

“When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, ‘Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.’” -- Yogi Berra

A soldier survived mustard gas in combat, and then pepper spray from the police. He's now a seasoned veteran.

• 'One Eyed Hound' - From Genesis to Revelation

Actually, not from FGTR, but a B-side frequently added to it as a bonus track.

• I think I read somewhere, or watched something, and they said the working title was "Elephant" due to the sound?

I think (though I may be wrong) the working title of “Elephant” was mentioned in the documentary on the making of the WCD album. I also recall that “Nile” was the working title for “Fading Lights” and “Burt” was the working title for “Hold On My Heart.” In some ways it’s a shame that the “elephant” sound is so distinctive. I love the song “On the Shoreline” and have always thought one reason it was excluded from the album was that the elephant sound was also used on No Son of Mine.

• On the shoreline, they could have not used the "Elephant" because it doesnt really add to the song, unlike No Son of Mine, where it actually helps it build up at the beginning

• On the shoreline, they could have not used the "Elephant" because it doesnt really add to the song, unlike No Son of Mine, where it actually helps it build up at the beginning

I agree. I listened to On the Shoreline yesterday for the first time in a while. It struck me as well that it was not at all integral to the opening of the song, which would have sounded interesting enough without the “elephant” sounds. I’d have been happy to see OTS replace Tell Me Why, Way of the World, or Tell Me Why on WCD. To me WCD is like the Shapes album: a strong side one but a largely forgettable side two (Fading Lights on WCD being the exception).