THE MUSICAL BOX: "Selling England By The Pound" Tour in 2023 and 2024

• I have only seen them doing this show once and I am not sure I can go this time (distance), but I will try. Something tells me it could be the last chance ...

I recommend to go, especially when you haven't seen them that often.

I also wonder what might come after this tour. They can't do this forever ...

... there's a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in

• cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Brilliant as ever last night at Hammersmith Apollo

can you give some insights in the little video documentary they screend ahead of the show?

cheers

Christian

• I saw them tonight at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham. Absolutely brilliant. I was only 11 in '73 and hadn't yet heard of Genesis. Having seen a fair bit on youtube the singer had PGs mannerisms off pat the others were spot on. Just brilliant to see what the show would have looked like. Now having seen this excellent recreation, I'm more certain than ever that Peter Gabriel is the best frontman of all time.

• Glad you enjoyed it Mr Farmer, I was there too and it was a superb performance. I’ve seen them a few times and I’ve seen each of the tours - Foxtrot, Selling (Black and White versions), The Lamb and Extravaganzas 1and 2. This lineup ranks with their best, everyone is completely proficient but the drummer stood out to me as propelling the whole thing beautifully with that distinctively ‘Phil attitude’ and he also sang outstanding back up vocals. Seeing this material presented in the slightly magical setting, with the superb acoustics of the Birmingham Symphony Hall really brings home the quality of the music and the musicianship and performance of the original band, as well as The Musical Box. I could have done without the earnest but quite dull introductory video and been home a bit earlier but that didn’t detract from a brilliant night. I’m going again on Tuesday in Newcastle

• I was also in Birmingham, and it was brilliant.

Slightly predictable highlights were FOF and Supper's Ready, but all of it was great. Loved hearing Epping Forest, even if it's not to everyone's taste.

I've seen this Selling England show before, but I think this is the best performance yet.

• I hope I'll manage to see one of the German shows. Haven't seen that show for many years (but I have seen TMB more than 20 times, most recently their Night Of The Prog Festival headliner show)

cheers

Christian

• Been in hospital at the end of last week so glad I am out in time to see them in Edinburgh on Thursday. Hoping for their usual top quality show

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• New show: Palace Theatre in Greensburg, PA Tuesday October 8th.

Tickets

cheers

Christian

• …and I have my ticket for for the Friday, June 14th show at the Keswick Theatre in suburban Philadelphia! ( Christian , I can confirm that on both June 14th and 15th they are playing here, if you wanted to add these dates to your listing on the main site. FYI)

Anyone else going?

I’ve seen The Genesis Show last month, now TMB in June is fixed - all I need is a ticket for Steve’s local set of shows (and hopefully an extension of PG’s tour into this year) and I’ll have my full run of Genesis-affiliated shows for 2024! 😎

Hi, One For The Vine, I got tickets for the June 15th show at the Keswick Theatre. First time going for me. Bringing my 16 year old daughter who also saw Genesis with me in 2021 at the Wells Fargo Center. Looking forward to it!