PETER GABRIEL - i/o Full Moon Club subscription on Bandcamp

• Really glad they added the rest of the Full Stretch tracks all at once. It would have been ok but not ideal to have it be one track at a time for four months; now we can hopefully get another project going for the Club releases.

As for Firebird: I'm more than ok if we are getting all those "Before The Flood"-era demos. Am I right in thinking, based on the Recording Compendium, that this track features Ant Phillips on the piano?

See our news item linked above. We known Ant and Phil were part of the session but not 100% sure also on this particular track. We are investigating.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• See our news item linked above. We known Ant and Phil were part of the session but not 100% sure also on this particular track. We are investigating.

That's what I get for replying before reading the link I opened in another tab -- thanks for the clarification and for examining it further!

• Spent too much time with too much hope, and started dreaming of what songs could come out of this new FMC model now that Peter is opening the vault and letting those pre-Car demos out. I ended up with this pretty extensive list (spoilered below for size).

I, of course, leaned on the excellent recording compendium put together by the good people of this site. I focused on “new” unreleased songs or demos/versions of songs that are either from an earlier era than it actually came out or have an interesting group of personnel on it (esp in the early years). Regular demos of already known songs are fun and all, but I’m more interested in these.

A bunch of these are available as rips or bootlegs, and a few were even part of the old FMC releases...but fresh and cleaned up versions of these songs (particularly the bolded ones) would be a dream to have. Along with, of course, any newly recorded music he wants to release...

• I think the list of possible material is endless, and it always depend who you ask.

I think we got some pretty interesting stuff so far and I am looking forward to what comes next.

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• I'm pretty sure

• they won't release any stuff from the last 20 years (Full Stretch was probably the only exception because it's nothing important)
    • they won't release any unheard stuff or something that wasn't (at least unofficial) released before
    • they won't release anything with unsure or third-party copyright

Why not? It seems to me they do not want to do anything complicated and they want to hold back really valuable stuff.

So I presume everything that will be offered in the next time is at least for me not of particular interest. (That's why I have cancelled my subscription.)

• I'm pretty sure

• they won't release any stuff from the last 20 years (Full Stretch was probably the only exception because it's nothing important)
    • they won't release any unheard stuff or something that wasn't (at least unofficial) released before
    • they won't release anything with unsure or third-party copyright

Why not? It seems to me they do not want to do anything complicated and they want to hold back really valuable stuff.

So I presume everything that will be offered in the next time is at least for me not of particular interest. (That's why I have cancelled my subscription.)

Perhaps you are right. I still hope there will be a couple of surprises. The early demos are surprising in a way, although some fans have them already on bootlegs.

• Three tracks, originally part of the Real World Notes in the later Nineties, were made available on Bandcamp today: Seven Zero, Brimstone and 100 Days To Go.

Details. https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ded-on-Bandcamp-n934.html

cheers

Christian

• Three tracks, originally part of the Real World Notes in the later Nineties, were made available on Bandcamp today: Seven Zero, Brimstone and 100 Days To Go.

Details. https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ded-on-Bandcamp-n934.html

Nice to see that, at least the last two new moons, they have released three tracks at a time. Sure they are readily available songs for those who know where to look, yet at this pace we will have quite a collection of officially released material by the end of 2024.

• Nice to see that, at least the last two new moons, they have released three tracks at a time. Sure they are readily available songs for those who know where to look, yet at this pace we will have quite a collection of officially released material by the end of 2024.

I think Peter will continue with new music in April or May, so I hope he'll do that and hasn't changed his mind.

... make tomorrow today!

• What makes you think that? Didn't he say he was going to take several months off this year to focus on family and other matters?

I think in one of the last full moon i/o videos he said he will take 6 months off after the tour until spring and then carry on with new music. So it makes both sense. It may happen, but it may also happen that peter has now other ideas.

cheers

Christian

• I think in one of the last full moon i/o videos he said he will take 6 months off after the tour until spring and then carry on with new music. So it makes both sense. It may happen, but it may also happen that peter has now other ideas.

I doubt about it. Personally, I prefer to see Peter once again on tour... it was a relatively short tour to compare with the previous one.

• My sense is that PG was aiming to start working on new music in Apr/May. I think it's unlikely he'll have anything complete enough to release this year, with the exception of What Lies Ahead or any other tracks that may have previously been recorded. Or he might have found a new distraction.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I prefer new music over a tour. Seeing him live is great, but new music is something I can appreciate over and over again.

• My sense is that PG was aiming to start working on new music in Apr/May. I think it's unlikely he'll have anything complete enough to release this year, with the exception of What Lies Ahead or any other tracks that may have previously been recorded. Or he might have found a new distraction.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I prefer new music over a tour. Seeing him live is great, but new music is something I can appreciate over and over again.

The band had been working on at least 17 tracks. So there are 5 left overs. Plus some tracks like „Show Yourself“ he has not used for Rated PG or Flotsam and Jetsam. So I am curious how he will proceed

cheers

Christian

• I'm torn about another tour vs new music. My initial instinct is that I want him working on new music -- I agree with agentsage that new songs last forever. But I also know Peter, and it's possible that "oh I'll just finish off these five or six leftover songs and bang out a couple more" could lead to many years of fiddling, even if his plan were to start doing monthly song releases. And...I selfishly really want to experience him and his band on stage again and again.

Despite that, I like the new pattern that the releases have been falling into: New Moon(ish) releases of previously released collections and Full Moon drops of previously unreleased songs. Yes, the two "new" songs that have come out have been widely bootlegged...but these are the first official releases. I have my wants of what I hope he gets to, and I would certainly prefer to get official versions of new songs like What Lies Ahead and Show Yourself, but if this is the plan for the foreseeable, I'm on board.

• Whatever we all think individually thinks about the bandcamp releases - they came up with a wide range of different tracks so far. I agree to THOM - they won't release the VERY interesting stuff here but I am pleased with what we got so far.

• Still to come later today, I imagine. It's only morning in my part of the world. They made reference to it in the latest email last week, when they announced the new merch. So something should show up soon.

Perhaps so, not they never were THAT late.

cheers

Christian