9. 07 points - satisfactory - (0) 0%
    10. 06 points - sufficient + (0) 0%
    11. 05 points - sufficient (0) 0%
    12. 04 points - sufficient - (0) 0%
    13. 03 points - poor + (0) 0%
    14. 02 points - poor (0) 0%
    15. 01 point - poor - (0) 0%
    16. 00 points - abysmal (0) 0%

We invite you to share interesting facts and tidbits about this track. Let's look at the track in the context of the band's / the artist's history, at the music, the songwriting and all other aspects that are relevant for this track. Please do stick to the discussion of the track above. Comparisons to other tracks are okay, but remember that the other track you may be keen to talk about has or will have its own Track Of The Week thread. If you spot a mistake or if you can close a gap in the fact sheet above please feel free to contact martinus or Christian about it; we will gladly add and improve!

PHIL COLLINS - I Wish It Would Rain Down
    Year: 1989
    Album: ... But Seriously
    Working title: ?
    Credits: Collins
    Lyrics: Yes
    Length: 4:44
    Musicians: Phil Collins, Eric Clapton, Pino Palladino, Choir
    Played Live: 1990, 1994, 1995, 1997,
    Cover versions: Fleesh, Brian McKnight

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Notes: I Wish It Would Rain Down was one of Collins' biggest hits in more ways than one. Not only did the song do extremely well in the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, it was also well received by most fans. Even the German music magazine Fachblatt praised the guitar work, which was "unusual for a charts track". This was by Eric Clapton. It's said that Phil called Clapton and said "Eric, I've got a song for you" - and who better than Clapton to record it on guitar? Collins wrote perhaps one of his best songs - and often neglected it on the Serious Tour. On the Both Sides tour a whole verse was cut and on the Trip Into The Light tour it was only used sporadically. After that the song disappeared from the live set....

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Hadn't heard it in a while. It's quite excellent, playing to his strengths in the best way while somehow (to my ears at least) avoiding any of the annoying, earnest quality of something like Another Day in Paradise. I enjoyed the noir video too. 15.