[SPOILERS] GENESIS 2021 setlist discussion

• I don't know if anyone else saw but someone posted a "leaked rehearsal setlist" on the Facebook site he started called "The Last Domino Tour?". He had stated that Alan Hewitt leaked this somehow. I don't want to list it here due to the spoilers. I have to think that it's legit since Mark has always been good with getting information out.

Paul

• Not a fan of the song then? Apologies if you have given reasons for this before.

Oh I've droned on elsewhere about my dislike of MMM but really no need to apologise! Right from first hearing the album in the late 70s I've never liked this track but I'm aware it has a number of fans here. Even with some of the quite surprising possibilities we're hearing about I still find it very unlikely they'll dig this one up.

Abandon all reason

• I don't know if anyone else saw but someone posted a "leaked rehearsal setlist" on the Facebook site he started called "The Last Domino Tour?". He had stated that Alan Hewitt leaked this somehow. I don't want to list it here due to the spoilers. I have to think that it's legit since Mark has always been good with getting information out.

Paul

Can you post it using the spoiler function? I can't find that facebook page, maybe even a link to which page it's on.

• For me the setlist could be like this :

Set 1

Domino

Land Of Confusion

That's All

In The Cage/Cinema Show/ Slippermen/Reading the Screen/It/Afterglow

Jesus He Knows Me

Shipwrecked or Alien Afternoon or Calling All Stations

Silver Rainbow

In Too Deep

Blood On The Rooftops

I Know What I Like

~Set 2~

No Son Of Mine

Eleven Eart Of Mar

Burning Rope

Home By The Sea or Fading Lights

Old Medley including Exerps from Musical Box, The Knife and Supper’s Ready

Drum Duet/Los Endos

Congo

Invisible Touch

Encore

Throwing It All Away

I Can’t Dance

Turn It On Again/Dukes End/Ending

• Whoever wrote this is an idiot.

• What is this? Where's it from?

Abandon all reason

• It burns my eyes.

• Uh... It could be. But it won't be. Even for me, who is down on the band for being too conservative and staid, this setlist is beyond wacky. Two CAS songs, silver rainbow and burning rope? (Nb I watched most of the mama tour on YouTube tonight though and was very impressed, I had forgotten how great they were. Abacab, mama, home by the sea and keep it dark are awesome on that show. I still wish they played another Genesis song instead of the medley of other people's songs on turn it on again).

I'm going to make a playlist just out of curiosity for how insane this setlist looks like to see what it sounds like.

• Uh... It could be. But it won't be. Even for me, who is down on the band for being too conservative and staid, this setlist is beyond wacky. Two CAS songs, silver rainbow and burning rope? (Nb I watched most of the mama tour on YouTube tonight though and was very impressed, I had forgotten how great they were. Abacab, mama, home by the sea and keep it dark are awesome on that show. I still wish they played another Genesis song instead of the medley of other people's songs on turn it on again).

I'm going to make a playlist just out of curiosity for how insane this setlist looks like to see what it sounds like.

I agree but maybe what Shipwrecked meant is "I'd like it to be this". Which is fair enough, you have a setlist thread and people will post what they'd like it to be. But yeah it's as likely as.... well, as that setlist. Any CAS, let alone including Alien Afternoon and having Congo as the penultimate main set number, is a crazy notion. But hey, in this thread I think you can come off the leash!

Maybe we could start a Least Likely Setlist theme. "We decided to do an album showcase and we're delighted to tell you we'll be playing From Genesis To Revelation from start to finish!"

Abandon all reason

• Do the Neurotic

You Might Recall

Can-Utility and the Coastliners

Happy the Man

Silent Sorrow in Empty Boats

Small Talk

Evidence of Autumn

Silver Rainbow

Moss

Digby

Medley: The Light/The Mystery of Flannan Island Lighthouse/The Light Dies Down on Broadway/The Day the Light Went Out

Whodunnit

Naminanu

Stagnation

Phret/Wot Gorilla

The Serpent

The Return of the Giant Hogweed

Encores:

Going out to Get You/Aisle of Plenty

The Waiting Room (20 minute version)

Medley: Everybody Needs Somebody to Love/Gimme Some Loving/In the Midnight Hour/In the Wilderness/The Silent Sun

• Now, that's just ridiculous. If you're not going to take this seriously there's no point. There's absolutely no chance they'd play Digby.

Is Going Out To Get You the one with the preposterous lyrics including "licking fingers sunk in jam"?

Abandon all reason

• I believe you have to search for and join the Facebook Group "Genesis - The Last Domino? Tour 2020". There is a photo on there of the rehearsal setlist from New York. It was said to be originally leaked by Alan Hewitt so it is assumed to be pretty authentic. I don't know if Mark Bataitis would like to comment on that further as he may know more about it. I don't want to post the picture here since or type out the songs since I'm not sure how to use the spoiler function.

Paul

• Oh yes, this would be fun. I'd have Banjo Man or Supper's Ready in for return of the giant hogweed though.

• Wouldn't it be brilliant if they could recreate the 4 sets from Mrs. Balmes dance in 1970 or whatever.

Me personally would be deeply moved by a starting Squonk one more time. No backing tapes. No introduction. On come Genesis, they wander to their instruments smiling and grinning. Then...

SQUONK!