3. Come Talk To Me (19) 44%
    4. Love To Be Loved (13) 30%
    5. Washing Of The Water (12) 28%
    6. Blood Of Eden (11) 26%
    7. Steam (5) 12%
    8. Kiss That Frog (5) 12%
    9. Fourteen Black Paintings (2) 5%
    10. Only Us (1) 2%

Following the albums poll about Phil Collins and Genesis, we'd like to start the favorite tracks poll also for PETER GABRIEL.

This one is about his album US, released in September 1992.

So far available:

Rated PG

Scratch My Back

UP

• Come Talk To Me

Washing Of The Water

Secret World

Same as Srendi actually. Would have chosen Love To Be Loved if I had a 4th option.

I will say that every one of the tracks on this album, the three above included, I think are vastly superior on Secret World Live. Not even close, and I much prefer Paula Cole on Come Talk To Me than anyone else I have heard sing it with PG.

• I will say that every one of the tracks on this album, the three above included, I think are vastly superior on Secret World Live.

Completely agree with you!

P.S. Can't believe somebody voted for Kiss That Frog, which I'd only vote for if there was a poll on here for the worst tracks PG ever recorded ;)

• Official Post

Completely agree with you!

P.S. Can't believe somebody voted for Kiss That Frog, which I'd only vote for if there was a poll on here for the worst tracks PG ever recorded ;)

that was me 😀

I love this track. Why should this be one of his worst tracks?

• I've seen several others express the same view about Secret World. It seems to be a widely held view and I'm probably in the minority in that I get more of an adrenaline rush from the studio version. The bass is more prominent and the build-up in that song is driven by that bottom end.

I certainly agree with you, though, on WOTW. It's similar to me as Here Comes The Flood.

Virtually every live version I've heard seem more heart-wrenching than the original.

• that was me 😀

I love this track. Why should this be one of his worst tracks?

It’s not that bad musically, but I’ve always found the lyrics an off-putting mixture of trite & creepy - not the intentional dramatic creepiness of ‘Intruder’, more like leering/ogling at the princess it’s being sung to! Of course, that's just my opinion.

• Official Post

I also love Steam but It's just a bit too similar to the mighty Sledgehammer. As for Kiss That Frog I don't think it's meant to be taken that seriously.

Its funny, as a kid in the ‘80s, a lot of us didn’t even realize that Peter had this whole other chapter to his musical career. He was just this guy that did really cool and weird music videos.

• Its funny, as a kid in the ‘80s, a lot of us didn’t even realize that Peter had this whole other chapter to his musical career. He was just this guy that did really cool and weird music videos.

Well that's how I started, it must be said. It took me decades to even hear his Genesis work even after the one & only time I saw him live (1994).

• I've seen several others express the same view about Secret World. It seems to be a widely held view and I'm probably in the minority in that I get more of an adrenaline rush from the studio version. The bass is more prominent and the build-up in that song is driven by that bottom end.

I certainly agree with you, though, on WOTW. It's similar to me as Here Comes The Flood.

Virtually every live version I've heard seem more heart-wrenching than the original.

I will agree on the bass on the original. The brilliance of Tony Levin shines through on that version, something that is missing from the live version. Overall though I find it lacking in other areas vs the live version, but definitely a good point on the bass.

• Official Post

I also like the studio version more than the Secret World Live version in 1993/94. But I like the powerful version they did live between 2002 and 2004.

• Come talk to me is my fav from that album

Blood of eden a wonderful ballad...

And Digging is a monster, especially live.

... make tomorrow today!

• But Secret world even beame a bigger monster live. Very powerful!

Yes, even better live.

I was slightly disappointed when this album came out initially. Still enjoyed it, but a bit disappointed.

Around 2000 I was going through a tough time and this album was my constant companion and helped me through (along with the live album of the tour).

It's still my favourite of PG's albums, because it touches me in a way none of the other albums do. I think he must have been in a very deep/spiritual place at the time he made this album.

Blood of Eden

Washing of the Water

Secret World