GENESIS release two DVDs in North America (2nd Nov 2021)

• Official Post

GENESIS will release the recently shared documentary about the The Last Domino? tour rehearsals on DVD - but exclusively for the North American market. Also, a 90min version of the When In Rome concert film will also be made available

details: https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ary-DVD-release-n743.html

As far as we know now: There won't be Blu-rays and both release won't be available outside North America.

• Being a fan from North America I’m surprised by this as well. First of all I’m usually the one searching out media elsewhere because it’s NOT available in the U.S. Second I don’t understand not releasing a Blu-ray version when you know everything is shot in HD these days. I think all of us would pay extra for a proper release. And lastly why release the edited version of “When In Rome” when surely everyone has the original release already?

• Official Post

What ungodly reason could such a thing have for existing?

Broadcast purposes. It was aired in Europe a couple of times on TV.

• Broadcast purposes. It was aired in Europe a couple of times on TV.

But why a DVD of such an edit? Makes no sense.

Sorry I don't expect you to actually have an answer from the band's management, it's kind of a rhetorical question! I can't think of any market for it.

• Official Post

But why a DVD of such an edit? Makes no sense.

Sorry I don't expect you to actually have an answer from the band's management, it's kind of a rhetorical question! I can't think of any market for it.

I actually did ask the management - it's obviously only a deal with the broadcaster, so it's not really a GENESIS-driven release.

• Obviously the edited version of When In Rome is not for the fans. If anything we would want expanded editions. Kind of like when the band dropped the ball on the 2007 remaster live box set and could have expanded Seconds Out. That was a missed opportunity for sure!

• Official Post

Tracklist of the short WiR DVD

Duke's Intro (3.35)

Turn It On Again (4.13)

No Son Of Mine (6.34)

Land of Confusion (4.52)

In The Cage (7.58)

The Cinema Show (3.02)

Duke's Travels (2.40)

Afterglow (3.48)

I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) (7.46)

Mama (7.27)

Domino (11.14)

Conversations With 2 Stools (4.19)

Los Endos (6.11)

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight (2.50)

Invisible Touch (5.10)

• I watched the documentary a couple of days ago. It was not bad at all, I enjoyed it. After all, I'm delighted that our old heroes are actually doing music again. But the documentary in itself, I didn't think it was that special. It was quite short and too much filler material. I downloaded it from Youtube for future reference, but that's not the kind of content I'm willing to pay for. I hope that there will later be a lengthy documentary with lots of extras, like they released after the 2007 tour.

• I watched the documentary a couple of days ago. It was not bad at all, I enjoyed it. After all, I'm delighted that our old heroes are actually doing music again. But the documentary in itself, I didn't think it was that special. It was quite short and too much filler material. I downloaded it from Youtube for future reference, but that's not the kind of content I'm willing to pay for. I hope that there will later be a lengthy documentary with lots of extras, like they released after the 2007 tour.

You mean like "Come Rain Or Shine"?

This new documentary is of course a special thing, since it's completely based on rehearsals. Also, as far as I understood this, it won't be available outside North America anyway. So why bother ...

• Official Post

Well, that bit during the end credits of the recently broadcasted documentary really made me laugh

• Watched the show recently and had tears in my eyes. I do want to see the show and although Genesis are different to the Collins solo shows (wheee everything is focused on him), it really hard to see Phil this way singing Genesis tracks. And not drumming etc.

Mama sounded really good in this new version but of course it makes you wonder how the other tracks might work. Soon we will know

... make tomorrow today!

• The amazing thing is is the the first time there has been only one drummer for genesis lice since Phil Collins took to the mic. It's weird hearing some of these songs with just one drummer sounds likethe album versions nic does an awesome job and some of the videos I swear he looks like Phil back in the early 1970s lol. He really looks like his dad at times