PETER GABRIEL - I/O: The Tour 2023 (general info)

• Tony Levin says goodbye ..

https://tonylevin.com/road-dia…ur-us-canada/houston-show

doesn't sound like there's much to expect for 2024 :(

You never know...After all, though he might not be doing a leg immediately after, he might announce something else later on-especially if he has more songs to release over the next several months as has been alluded to...PG technically kinda did two tours for his Up album, if you consider Still Growing Up as one (which I kind of do). But IIRC those two tours were like a year or so apart from each other.

Ultimately I had a great time seeing him in Denver. I was very happy for my daughter, as she got to see him play ALL of her favorites, so that was nice. I personally was kind of bummed cos here after playing both So Much and What Lies Ahead, (which I don't really care much for personally), he skipped The Tower which is one of my favorites and I was hoping to see. Basically that meant that he played MORE new songs that night than old songs. I felt even moreso this way when I saw he played The Tower on two of his remaining three shows on the tour. I guess I'd have hoped to hear just a couple more of his older ones-but all in all, it was a fantastic show and we had a great time!

I hope he does decide to go out again-and if he does, I'll be there-as I wouldn't be surprised if it may be a bit different, similar to how the Still Growing Up tour was different from his first go around. That would be interesting to see.

• I’m glad there may be a recording of the I/O tour but I wouldn’t personally want one of The Last Domino? Tour. I was there and loved being there, the band were outstanding, light show amazing and Phil was doing his very best and delivered a strong performance in some ways. But his frailty, his at times poor voice and strange enunciation in some songs means I can’t listen to YouTube versions and enjoy them. I appreciate that’s a personal view and others will differ and many could not attend the gigs. For them I’d like it to come but I doubt it will.

• So far, it seems that the i/o promotion will start in December 2023. Let's hope that in Spain it will be picked up by a music magazine. On the other hand, if concerts have been filmed, will there be a dvd-BlueRay of the tour i/o?

And one more thing, will there be new tour dates 2024 in Europe, playing i/o songs?

• So far, it seems that the i/o promotion will start in December 2023. Let's hope that in Spain it will be picked up by a music magazine. On the other hand, if concerts have been filmed, will there be a dvd-BlueRay of the tour i/o?

And one more thing, will there be new tour dates 2024 in Europe, playing i/o songs?

This time I won't wait for Backdrifter to support me. For the umpteenth time, there are markets outside Europe & the US. In my wildest dreams, if a tour occurs, surely it's going to be somewhere he hasn't been since.... oh,, I don't know... 1994. To quote Aerosmith, dream on.

• So far nobody knows nothing.

New tour dates would be welcomed a lot - but all signs are pointing at the moment not in that direction, sadly.

Why do you say that? What I've seen - from more than one source (i.e. Gabriel himself and Levin) suggest the exact opposite.

• This time I won't wait for Backdrifter to support me. For the umpteenth time, there are markets outside Europe & the US. In my wildest dreams, if a tour occurs, surely it's going to be somewhere he hasn't been since.... oh,, I don't know... 1994. To quote Aerosmith, dream on.

A person living in Spain is completely entitled to hope that he's going tour Spain/Europe again. You don't have to take it as a personal slight every time.

• Official Post

Why do you say that? What I've seen - from more than one source (i.e. Gabriel himself and Levin) suggest the exact opposite.

Really? In the last video Gabriel mentioned the tour as "beeing ended". I'm not aware of a sign that it will be continued. The same for Tony. - In both cases, this does not necessarily mean that the tour will really not be continued. But there has not yet been a clear signal that it WILL continue.

A person living in Spain is completely entitled to hope that he's going tour Spain/Europe again. You don't have to take it as a personal slight every time.

The more remote individual concert venues are, the less likely it is that they will actually be visited. This is too costly both logistically and financially. Peter has already left out Spain, Portugal and Greek on the Back To Front Tour. Probably because of that.

Because of theat I also really doubt that there will be a tour leg to Australia or Japan.

• Really? In the last video Gabriel mentioned the tour as "beeing ended". I'm not aware of a sign that it will be continued. The same for Tony. - In both cases, this does not necessarily mean that the tour will really not be continued. But there has not yet been a clear signal that it WILL continue.

Which is why Gabriel's reference to revisiting This Is Home in a revised form live points more clearly to there being further dates - next summer.

• Ayana Witter-Johnson said yesterday on Radio 3 that she is out on her own tour next March/April. Not that means much, if PG is touring again it does not mean it will be the same band. Having said that this is one of the most acomplished line ups he has ever had, and if he does more gigs I feel he might like to have the same band.

• A person living in Spain is completely entitled to hope that he's going tour Spain/Europe again. You don't have to take it as a personal slight every time.

It isn't taking it as a personal slight to be weary of the ingrained assumption that any future tours must and always will be in Europe or the US. It's just tedious. I'm going to ignore it from now on.

• Honestly ya'll, sure he's not immediately embarking on another leg. But there's nothing to say that he might not end up doing "another go-round" sometime later on in 2024 or 2025. Yes they're talking about being done with this tour-that could just really mean this leg, or for the time being. And yes artists are talking about doing other things-but no one seems to be talking at all about what's happening beyond next summer.

There could very well be another leg PG decides to do after a substantial break, and ESPECIALLY after the album is released and given a chance to "have its time in the spotlight", which is why I personally think we're not hearing any news about touring right now-they want the focus on the album release now.

PG also said he might still continue to release tracks during full moons, tracks that didn't make it on i/o. If that DOES end up being true, there's every possibility he might be compelled to try those songs out on the road as well during another leg. I mean, this is Peter we're talking about! He's always been in favor of touring, very much the opposite of Phil Collins' having become tired of it and having tried to limit the lengths of his last few tours as much as he could. Besides, PG has done this before. He did two "go-arounds" with Growing Up, and he's gone on the road several times between 2013 - 2016 (for different reasons, but still-a tour is a tour).

Perhaps I'm being annoyingly optimistic...but I would not be the slightest bit surprised to hear him announce another leg sometime in the first few months of next year, after the album itself has had some time to shine! Maybe starting in fall next year or the beginning of 2025. Either way, I have a feeling this is not the last time we've seen Peter Gabriel on tour. Obviously it won't be before fall of next year...but still, I wouldn't say a lack of news right NOW would necessarily constitute another round of shows sometime in the next 18 months or so...

• Oh man. Recently a couple of members said they were muting the PG threads. I'm close to doing the same. I realise that with the band wrapped up we're even more inclined to pick over every subatomic particle of what any past band members are doing or even not doing, or possibly might do however unlikely. But oh my word, these threads, especially this one... I don't know whether to 🤣 or 🥱 or just 🤪

Abandon all reason

• It isn't taking it as a personal slight to be weary of the ingrained assumption that any future tours must and always will be in Europe or the US. It's just tedious. I'm going to ignore it from now on.

I'm not even in the same boat as you but find it wearying.

Abandon all reason