9. 07 points - satisfactory - (0) 0%
    10. 06 points - sufficient + (0) 0%
    11. 05 points - sufficient (0) 0%
    12. 04 points - sufficient - (1) 8%
    13. 03 points - poor + (0) 0%
    14. 02 points - poor (0) 0%
    15. 01 point - poor - (0) 0%
    16. 00 points - abysmal (0) 0%

We invite you to share interesting facts and tidbits about this track. Let's look at the track in the context of the band's / the artist's history, at the music, the songwriting and all other aspects that are relevant for this track. Please do stick to the discussion of the track above. Comparisons to other tracks are okay, but remember that the other track you may be keen to talk about has or will have its own Track Of The Week thread. If you spot a mistake or if you can close a gap in the fact sheet above please feel free to contact martinus or Christian about it; we will gladly add and improve!

BANKSTATEMENT - Thursday The Twelfth
    Year: 1989
    Album: Bankstatement
    Working title: unknown
    Credits: Banks
    Lyrics: No
    Length: 4:48
    Musicians: Tony Banks, Alistair Gordon, Steve Hillage, Dick Nolan, Geoff Dugmore
    Played Live: never
    Cover versions: unknown

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Notes: One of Tony's Instrumentals, with a slight Genesis-touch, this was one of the sweet spots on the Bankstatement album.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Tony's attempt to make his own "Mike + the Mechanics" had kind of mixed results, with that silly "Bankstatement" name not being one of the better features. "Thursday" and "Big Man" are kind of odd fits on the album because they're true solo tracks that don't involve the other "members." Frankly I would have liked to hear one album featuring songs sung by the other singers, and another featuring instrumentals like "Thursday" (and the occasional Tony vocal like "Big Man"). There really aren't enough rock instrumentals in Tony's catalog.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Hmm. It's not bad. The best thing I like about it is that it's kind of messy and all over the place.

There are very strong hints of In That Quiet Earth/Unquiet Slumbers with the chugging guitar/bass part that goes through some of it.

• I had to remind myself of this as I think I heard it once around the time it came out. I quite like it. It's like a better more characterful version of the sort of stuff Hackett did on some of his albums. I like that it gives an impression of lurching and staggering around, and while I often find Genesis and solo stuff can overuse fadeouts it works on this as it gives me an image of this flailing waving thing stomping madly around before staggering off into the distance, which I find oddly appealing.

Abandon all reason