Peter gabriel for glastonbury 2024?

• Christ, I hope not. Look at what a disaster that '94 appearance happened to be. I know I'm not the only one who thinks festivals - but this one in particular - is just not right for certain artists. There's a clamour from Kate Bush fans (for example) every year wishing she'd do it and I can't help thinking what an highly inappropriate platform for her music.

• It would’ve fitted in quite nicely with the i/o Tour this time around to be honest. I wouldn’t go, but I’d certainly watch on TV — and it’d be sure to bring in a lot of new fans. His music doesn’t get played nearly enough these days, even on BBC 6 Music. I’m also happy that Peter just continues to do his own thing though. The London show was incredible.

• https://twitter.com/NomadWond3…7_UuvLc57o2AMfhl6wPg&s=19

Like the tweet if you agree :)

imagine the production he would put together for that.

Next year would be 30 years since his last appearance at Glastonbury

Christ, I hope not. Look at what a disaster that '94 appearance happened to be. I know I'm not the only one who thinks festivals - but this one in particular - is just not right for certain artists. There's a clamour from Kate Bush fans (for example) every year wishing she'd do it and I can't help thinking what an highly inappropriate platform for her music.

Cant see it really . What was wrong with 94? I was there and rather enjoyed it.though can't remember it that well . I also went to the US tour and remember that quite well apart from the venue.

You should never expect a festival gig to be the same as a main show . He's too low key for a main headline spot and really doesn't have much of a wide appeal beyond his own (large) fan base. I could see an afternoon slot working if was a best of set but there's no way he would do that.

• Yeah, I can't see him turning up for an hour unless it would help sales of future gigs. But he's got plenty of powerful songs that could get a Glastonbury crowd going, with a few quieter ones inbetween. And it's only down the road...

He may not be box office nowadays but I'm sure the youth of today would appreciate a great artist rather than some of the strangled chickens that have been appearing of late.

Look at Dolly. Who knew she would get such accolade.

ps. a boot of that 94 gig was one of my favourite recordings back in the day.

• Of course I would like PG to play at Glastonbury 2024. It would be quite an event.

We still don't know their plans for 2024....

It would be a live show with i/o tracks and some US and SO.

Leave the band as it is, with their new additions, it would be fantastic!

And better than all that, to come back to tour Europe in 2024?

• Re thinking. He couldn't headline the pyramid but could do an afternoon slot on it

Not sure he would be okay compromising his stage production and set-list (I don't think a "shorter version" of the current set-list would be well received by a festival crowd, it would needs to be a hits-infused set-list) for the afternoon slot.

Given ticket sales in UK and the set-list, I could see him headlining a smaller stage - maybe The Park.

• This isn't specifically to do with Glastonbury. Before the gigs I was chatting with the woman who runs a café up the road from my house. It came up that I was going to see Peter Gabriel. She looked incredulous and burst out laughing, saying she thought he was dead. She was laughing so much she could barely speak. After getting her breath back she conceded that she might have mixed him up with Phil Collins, so I informed her he too was not dead (as of course his book and tour assured us). She makes excellent pizzas, by the way.

Anyway, sorry for that diversion. PG Glastonbury 24? Nah, no chance, forget it.

Abandon all reason