Steve Hackett - Tour 2018

• Official Post

Steve Hackett has just finished his North American and South American leg of his tour.

We have a report about his participation (and more) on this year's Cruise To The Edge

http://www.genesis-news.com/c-…8-cruise-report-s674.html

And also a gig review from Collingswood, USA

http://www.genesis-news.com/c-…2018-gig-review-s676.html

Meanwhile, Steve and his band have completed their shows in Japan. Next up are a couple of gigs in Europe and also a couple if shows with his friends from Hungary, Djabe.

All dates and ticket info:

http://www.genesis-news.com/c-…tes-and-tickets-s658.html

Have you seen Steve this year? Share your thoughts!

• I saw Steve's Genesis Revisited Show on Feb 25th in Phoenix, AZ at a small venue with my 16 yr old daughter who goes to a lot of concerts. Initially, my son who is a musician was supposed to fly out from NY to see them for his birthday, couldn't make it. So I took her in his place. They played for 2.5 hrs, opening with my favorite of his "Please Don't Touch", which they didn't play last year on the Wolflght Tour. This time they played all my favorites of both Steve's and Genesis. The crowd was mostly over 50 with grey hair and beards (I'm 64) and interacted a lot both before and after the show. But when the music played, it seemed to transform all the oldtimers into their 20's. My daughter said she had never seen me so happy. Genesis music has a way of bringing me back to better times in my past when life wasn't so tumultuous. After a 25 min rendition of "Supper's Ready" and a very long solo by Steve, I told my daughter that he had recently turned 68 yrs old. I wasn't the only one who was impressed. He is almost as good as ever. One thing I can say about Steve, who has always been my favorite member of the band, is that he has never seemed spoiled by success. He never embraced the iconic MTV type success that the others eventually obtained in the 80's and 90's. He continued to prolifically write, produce and perform - Still playing smaller venues right up until the present. His warmth and his obvious love of what he does and his humility is unmatched. And you can tell that his band loves playing with him. I can't heap enough praise upon this incredible musician and wonderful human being. And I am forever grateful to have been a part of his career as a fan since the early 70's.

• I’m loving the fact that he includes old Genesis stuff in his shows alongside his solo stuff , he hasn’t lost his touch at all , fantastic musician and a really great band

I last saw him about 3 years ago and the show was excellent. The crowd went wild when they played some Genesis numbers

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• I went to the W&W anniversary show in London last year and was underwhelmed. That was the latest in a number of Genesis-heavy tours I've seen him on, and I've decided to give it a rest now so haven't booked for this year (and was also put off by the idea of the orchestra). I also really don't like Nad Sylvan. I'd really like to see SH return to solo material sets now. Preferably ones that don't include Hierophant!

Abandon all reason

• I’m loving the fact that he includes old Genesis stuff in his shows alongside his solo stuff , he hasn’t lost his touch at all , fantastic musician and a really great band

These days it's really the other way around; he includes a few solo numbers amongst all the Genesis classics.

I'm a huge fan of the Genesis material but wish Steve would revert to solo-only shows after quite a few years of the 'Revisited' gigs.

• These days it's really the other way around; he includes a few solo numbers amongst all the Genesis classics.

I'm a huge fan of the Genesis material but wish Steve would revert to solo-only shows after quite a few years of the 'Revisited' gigs.

I can understand how people who have seen Steve a few times would like him to do only solo stuff. However, when I saw him for the first time last year, if he hadn't done any Genesis songs it would have been dreadful. Who else will I ever see do Genesis songs? (It won't be The Musical Box because we had front row seats & they cancelled their tour).

• I saw Steve for the first time in February in LA. 2nd member of Genesis I’ve seen live, since I had caught Peter on his tour with Sting. Steve was fantastic. Met him before the show and was so charming and nice. Had him sign my MFSL Trick of the Tail (my favorite) and my wife had him sign her Selling England since that’s her favorite. Told him how much I enjoy his classical albums and he said that they were a labor of love for him.

• Official Post

Steve Hackett and his band have played the first Orchestra show in Nottingham

The setlist looks like this

Dance On A Volcano

Out Of The Body

The Steppes

Firth Of Fifth

Dancing With The Moonlit Knight

Blood On The Rooftops

Shadow Of The Hierophant

In That Quiet Earth

Afterglow

Serpentine Song

El Nino

Supper's Ready

The Musical Box

• Oh man...PLEASE, Steve! Bring this tour over here! ^^

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Official Post

Saw him in Manchester last night at the Bridgewater. Really enjoyed it. Great to hear him perform some of the Genesis classics

morning ....

can you tell us something about the orchestra arrangements?

• He had the Heart of England orchestra - not a full orchestra but string, wind, brass and percussion represented. I think it worked pretty well on most tracks, particularly in the quieter moments of tracks like Blood on the Rooftops where it added an interesting extra dimension to the overall sound. In louder moments it was harder to assess the added contribution, but the overall sound was very good.

Nad Sylvan has a terrific live voice for Gabriel era Genesis. He pulls it off very well without trying to actually sound like Peter. It’s a shame he isn’t more front of stage with Steve as he is clearly a charismatic performer, but you feel this is kind of stifled a little by needing to play, arguably, third or fourth fiddle to the musicians. Supper’s Ready was a high point, partly down to him possibly feeling more able to express himself fully.

I enjoyed it, perhaps more than I expected to. Even my non-prog rock fan wife enjoyed the spectacle!

• Official Post

Well, 41 musicians on stage plus band is quite a lot. If I'm not mistaken, Peter Gabriel had a few more, but basically the same number of musicians.