THE MUSICAL BOX - A Genesis Extravaganza 1970-77 - Tour 2018 and beyond

• Official Post

Canadian band The Musical Box will go on tour this fall in Europe with a brand new show:

A Genesis Extravaganza 1970-1977

presenting tracks from the albums Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England, The Lamb, A Trick Of The Tail and Wind & Wuthering.

Info about tour dates and tickets can be found here:

http://www.genesis-news.com/c-…1977-tour-dates-s662.html

• Official Post

The show in Zürich (18th Nov) will go on sale April 20

• I'm really looking forward to this tour. I have seen them do every one of their tours (Nursery Cryme/Foxtrot, SEBTP (both black show and regular), The Lamb, and even the one tour where they did A Trick Of The Tail). This is the first time they are mixing everything up - I bet they will do songs other than "The Knife" from Trespass (but will probably do "The Knife" too), and they have never done songs from Wind & Wuthering before.

This is one to see for sure! :thumbup:

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

Edited once, last by OneForTheVine ().

• I have tickets for this show! Very informative article. :thumbup:

Anyone got any guesses on what tracks are the 1970-1977 "rare stuff and seldomly played songs"? All album tracks? Or are B-sides a possibility?

• Official Post

I have tickets for this show! Very informative article. :thumbup:

Anyone got any guesses on what tracks are the 1970-1977 "rare stuff and seldomly played songs"? All album tracks? Or are B-sides a possibility?

not sure so far. But we've got a new press text soon

in the meantime, check the dates, as ticket links for Sweden and Switzerland were added as well as Italian Shows and first 2019 shows in Canada

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…1977-tour-dates-s662.html

Teaser

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ah - thank you for this!

From the Canadian dates, that means they will be back around where I live Feb./Mar. 2019! 8)

• I for one would love to see/hear them play these rarities:

Looking For Someone

Harold The Barrel

Can-Utility And The Coastliners

Eleventh Earl Of Mar

"Can-Utility" was playing in the background when you watch the promotional video on their website advertising this tour, as was "Unquiet Slumbers For The Sleepers" - I don't think those two would have been playing if they weren't planning on playing them.

They will do a good job with the setlist - they always do. 8)

• Official Post

Another teaser / video is now available

Serge Morissette about the background of the new show

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Another teaser / video is now available

Serge Morissette about the background of the new show

Well, now I'm looking forward to this even more! ^^

• I'm really excited by this too. I love their full-blown tribute shows (and I'd LOVE to see them play the whole Lamb again) but after seeing three Selling England tours in a row I wouldn't seek out a fourth.

I can't wait to see what they come up with.

• Please tell me this is coming to the USA as well. Looks like I became a Genesis super-fan in the nick of time...

Oh yes - they'll definitely come back. I saw the Canadian dates were Jan./early Feb. next year - that means they'll be in the US late Feb./March-time, maybe even into April.

You'll finally see them - you may have to drive up north to see them, at least to DC, but, if you want to see them, they'll be here.

• I will definitely drive to see this show. It's lock the mother of all shows! Have you been to their webpage? That "trailer" is goosebump good! Maaann, I cannot believe that Genesis themselves wont' get together and play this music. Even Gabriel has to see how amazing it is and how important it is!

• BTW, if Musical Box does play the east coast, i'd love to get together and meet some Genesis fans. I'll be going by myself as i'm the only one in the family that likes the old stuff. My spouse likes all the newer stuff but is like me 5 years ago and doesn't know that the best stuff is the 70's stuff.

• I will definitely drive to see this show. It's lock the mother of all shows! Have you been to their webpage? That "trailer" is goosebump good! Maaann, I cannot believe that Genesis themselves wont' get together and play this music. Even Gabriel has to see how amazing it is and how important it is!

I believe they’re the only tribute to get the original band’s endorsement. PG even took his kids along to see their concert to show them ‘what daddy used to do’ whilst PC has said they play the songs better than they ever did. They’re in London in October if anyone’s interested.

~ My talents may not be obvious but they are always...always...delicious! ~