Are political threads allowed?

• I was so enraged by the school shooting that I applied for a job in Ottawa. Still waiting to hear. Then this shit with those mindless cunts on the so-called supreme court happens. I have three little kids and two daughters. There are probably 200 countries I'd rather live in than this fucking dump.

I live in a lovely town. I work with great people. But fuck the stupid fucking US of fucking A, it's a fucking cesspit that has no hope of forward progress unless a photographic negative of the 60s happens (substitute JFK, Malcolm X, RFK and MLK with whoever you want from rancid line up of moth brained quisling fucktards including the soulless SCOTUS vampires currently fucking the country up the ass so their dark money bitch masters can keep funnelling blood dollars into their bank accounts).

Thank christ for alcohol and music.😂

😂

Well put!....:)

• The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) appears to have lost their power, seems Biden's campaign to reduce emissions has failed . Those 19 US states are against reducing emissions which puts a blow to our environmental issues and the future of our kids.:(

It's kinda weird that one of the most powerful men in the world is at a loss to save the planet. :/

• He has tools at his disposal, he just won't use them.

Also occurs to me that red states are supposedly dependent on blue states to some extent, financially. Some states contribute to the federal coffers while others rely on them. Yet those red states seem to have the more populous blue states by the throat despite the fact that the so-called democrats run all three branches of the executive.

It's *almost* as if they could change it if they want to, they just don't want to. Some political commentator claimed the US has one political party, the "business" party, with two wings, the republican and democratic wings.

I don't know what to think about that but it does look like the regular joe and Jane soap are at the heart of no one's interests.

• It wasn't Biden who stacked the Supreme Court with extremist right wingers. It wasn't Biden who stopped Obama from even having a nominee on the court.

It's certainly true that Biden inherited a terrible situation from the previous (n)inc(ompoop)umbent, but I still think he was only the least worst candidate. :/

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• It's certainly true that Biden inherited a terrible situation from the previous (n)inc(ompoop)umbent, but I still think he was only the least worst candidate. :/

It has become a habit for too long that the ones who win in politics are the smallest evil, the least worst as you phrase it. Where's any good rulers?

• It has become a habit for too long that the ones who win in politics are the smallest evil, the least worst as you phrase it. Where's any good rulers?

Unfortunately, the U.S. government is inherently corrupt, so an honest candidate doesnt have a chance of winning.. Biden is used to working "across the aisle" with members of the Republican party, but since Trump has been in office there haven't been enough honest congress men and women or senate members to make a difference. He's had the opportunity on numerous occasions to use executive power to get things done, but in the end he wimps out. Believe me, when the Republicans have a majority, they know how to get things done. The problem is, it's never for the American people. They only pass bills that put money into their pockets and into the coffers of the corporate pigs who keep them in office. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Take away some of the perks these clowns get for doing nothing and see how they react. Free medical, free security, free haircuts, great pension, incredibly high income, travel perks, a congressional pin they wear that gets them numerous perks, including parking in illegal zones, free shuttle and subway service, and then there's all the bribes they accept from fat cat business owners, which makes sure the average citizen will never get what they need.

As Mark Twain once said: “No man’s life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in.”

• Unfortunately, the U.S. government is inherently corrupt, so an honest candidate doesnt have a chance of winning.

I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Sadly for the US there doesn't seem to be any light at the end or indeed the start of the tunnel. And as I understand it, the Reps are methodically putting into place electoral shenanigans that could ensure the 24 election is effectively stolen. Ironic, given how many of them (and their supporters) maintain Trump's fraudulent claim that the 20 result was 'rigged'.

Abandon all reason

• Boris Johnson is to resign as Britain's Prime Minister today. He will still stay as leader until a replacement is found by the end of the summer.

50 of his own cabinet members all resigned yesterday, leaving Boris with no where to turn.

• Boris Johnson is to resign as Britain's Prime Minister today. He will still stay as leader until a replacement is found by the end of the summer.

50 of his own cabinet members all resigned yesterday, leaving Boris with no where to turn.

I expect Putin will gloat about this, but our ability to swap leaders is a strength.

Ian

• I expect Putin will gloat about this, but our ability to swap leaders is a strength.

I really just hope that they elect someone with some what, a bit of common sense :?:. :/

Have no faith in any of the parties, who ever is in. They all lie through their teeth. I'm glad Boris is going, I've never liked him as a leader and to me never took things seriously enough to run a country.

I'm praying that the economy of Britain improves with a new leader.

• I really just hope that they elect someone with some what, a bit of common sense :?:. :/

Have no faith in any of the parties, who ever is in. They all lie through their teeth. I'm glad Boris is going, I've never liked him as a leader and to me never took things seriously enough to run a country.

I'm praying that the economy of Britain improves with a new leader.

Agreed on all that. I think Sunak or Javid would both be good choices, they at least had the guts to kick the process off, potentially a personally risky move.

I didn't vote in the last election. I wanted the Tories to win, as they were the only ones who were going to act on the Brexit referendum vote. Whether you agreed with Brexit or not, the people had voted, and that was that. Had a particular issue with those calling for a "peoples vote"! Who did they think had voted in the referendum? Squirrels? But I just couldn't vote for Boris, having thought him a joke for so long. He's a "doer", but the problem is what he chooses to do.

Couldn't vote for Corbyn, who had already admitted he was going to borrow, as Labour always does. Never have a plan for repaying though, always leave that nettle for the Tories to grasp, with all the brickbats it attracts. Imagine if he HAD got in, borrowed, then Covid had happened, a REAL emergency that required borrowing for. Think the economy is bad now?

Then there was the Liberal "DEMOCRATS" whose leader Jo Swinson (remember her) said she didn't care what the people had voted for, she wasn't going to trigger Brexit. Thankfully, there were enough who thought following the votes was an important principle.

I hope the new person gets a grip, strikes the balance between keeping the nation's economy as healthy as it can currently be in the World situation, but deals with the effects on the poor. I also hope they have Boris's attitude to Ukraine. Which, after all, is the cause of much of the economic problem the World is facing. I think people generally need to be a bit more grateful for the fact they are struggling to keep the home running, when Ukrainians are struggling to stay alive. People seem to think they have a God-given right to be wealthier next year than this, as do companies who always moan that their profits have dropped. Never understood the logic of that thinking.

Ian

• Agreed on all that. I think Sunak or Javid would both be good choices, they at least had the guts to kick the process off, potentially a personally risky move.

I hope the new person gets a grip, strikes the balance between keeping the nation's economy as healthy as it can currently be in the World situation, but deals with the effects on the poor. I also hope they have Boris's attitude to Ukraine. Which, after all, is the cause of much of the economic problem the World is facing. I think people generally need to be a bit more grateful for the fact they are struggling to keep the home running, when Ukrainians are struggling to stay alive. People seem to think they have a God-given right to be wealthier next year than this, as do companies who always moan that their profits have dropped. Never understood the logic of that thinking.

Agreed on all points you rose, my worry is, so I believe, it's a in-house vote who who is elected, not the public.

Labour will borrow money, I'm sure and bring a huge debt to UK. Though this is a Conservative(Tory) battle, I cannot see a future for Labour.

🤞Fingers crossed Britain can get back what they lost since last year, so far it's appalling . In 6 months the exchange rate went from £1( $1. 75) to Canadian($1.55) as of yesterday. This is bad news to me as I get money from a UK pension.:cursing:  :(

Let there be hope!..... We need oil to go down!! Food prices to drop.

Let's support our local farmers anywhere you live. They need us and we can support our food chain!.....:)

• Agreed on all points you rose, my worry is, so I believe, it's a in-house vote who who is elected, not the public.

Yes it is, but being realistic, what party would go to the polls in their situation, when they have a massive majority. Brown didn't when he took over from Blair, and that was all pre-planned.

Ian