[SPOILERS] GENESIS 2021 setlist discussion

• In the documentary you can hear the end of In That Quiet Earth transitioning into Afterglow. I’m guessing that will be plugged in between Cinema Show and Afterglow, as during the Mama Tour. I’m expecting TTT/IT as the set closers. For the encore I have a hard time imagining an encore that doesn’t include some older stuff (as with Carpet Crawlers in 2007). I think we are likely to get a mix for the encores—something like I Can’t Dance, DWTMK/Carpet Crawlers, Turn it on Again. I’m holding out hope the set begins with Abacab (or they launch into it right after Duke’s Intro, as they did with TIOA in 2007). The song I’m having the hardest time figuring out in terms of placement is Duchess. I just can’t imagine it without the lead in from BTL.

They could start Duchess with the Roland drum machine bit. It's a bit stark but it might work.

• I got a bit emotional watching the documentary.

My setlist seems pretty spot on from the clips.. I hope for abacab too but doubt it.

Too snappy and high for vocals. Phil isnt as on it timing wise so they will obviously chose songs based on that too

Production looks amazing.

With a crowd its gonna be brilliant. Cant wait.

• I think your set list looks about right but man if that ends up being the encore, I’m gonna be one bummed fan.

Drop one of those please, and add in Squonk and I’d be thrilled. Also hoping for Abacab somewhere but think your take on it might be right.

• just watched the doc again...even more excited about show now!...Duchess is one of my favs and the version played sounds great, even without vocals.

Seeing one of the London shows which is at end of Uk gigs...reckon Phil's voice will be either stronger by then or knackered ...one of the two! 🤔

• My final guess is:

1. Dancing With The Moonlit Knight (intro)

2. Land Of Confusion

3. Behind The Lines

4. Duchess

5. Throwing It All Away

6. Home By The Sea / Second Home By The Sea

7. Fading Lights / Cinema Show / Afterglow

8. Jesus He Knows Me

9. Mama

-- acoustic set --

10. I Can't Dance

11. That's All

12. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

13. Follow You Follow Me

14. Abacab

15. Carpet Crawlers

16. Domino

Encore:

17. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

18. Invisible Touch

19. Turn It On Again

• Really hoping they don't open with Duke's Intro/Turn It On Again, again.. if only because they did it last time. Would prefer a different opener, for a fresh tour.

Kind of agree with you on this one. It would kick ass if they walked out and played Squonk or something. Also not keen on Turn It on Again for a closer as that's been done before too. Very curious to see in what aspects they branch out given the time gap since the last tour and probability of this being their last. Based on the spoilers so far, the evidence would suggest they won't, at least not much.

• Kind of agree with you on this one. It would kick ass if they walked out and played Squonk or something. Also not keen on Turn It on Again for a closer as that's been done before too. Very curious to see in what aspects they branch out given the time gap since the last tour and probability of this being their last. Based on the spoilers so far, the evidence would suggest they won't, at least not much.

Personal choice would be opening with Dance on a Volcano, which then maybe segues into something else.

And, as the encore closer, I Know What I Like would be cool.

• just watched the doc again...even more excited about show now!...Duchess is one of my favs and the version played sounds great, even without vocals.

Seeing one of the London shows which is at end of Uk gigs...reckon Phil's voice will be either stronger by then or knackered ...one of the two! 🤔

You need to watch the clip from breakfast TV yesterday. That'll dampen your excitement. One year on from the documentary and Phil is even more of a shell of the man he was then.

• You need to watch the clip from breakfast TV yesterday. That'll dampen your excitement. One year on from the documentary and Phil is even more of a shell of the man he was then.

yes have seen it, agree hd seems even frailer, although thought his speech seemed slightly better. Hopefully along with the band and backing singers can pull it off...should still be a good night out, first big gig for nearly 20 months, so everything crossed 🤞

• One thing Genesis has always been good at is creating "flow" in their setlist (some bands are horrible at it) - though ending with Carpet Crawlers in '07 was a bit weird, despite their emotional attachment to the song. So expect a punch in the face as the opener and closer, whatever these might be. I also can't imagine that they won't include an older song in the encore to close that loop. The again, we'll all know soon! Take care.

• Looking For Someone

Heathhaze

Small Talk

Vancouver

The Knife

The Brazilian

Medley: Who Dunnit / Illegal Alien / Going Out to Get You

Riding The Scree

Wot Gorilla

After the Ordeal

Medley: Pacidy / Sussudio / Afterglow

encore:

Back in NYC

Me and Virgil

Another Record

Enjoy !!

• No Mad Man Moon or Submarine?

Don't think I'll bother then!!

• Keep on toking lol!

• If I were Tony, Mike and Phil I wouldn't have allowed PBS to use recordings of any potentially surprising song choices. So I would like to think that there are one or two surprises left for us.

• What, no Turn It On Again medley with 60s music?!! Well, no, this is not the ticket for me! :D

(Actually I like that medley and I can sort of understand why they did it in those days.)

• I think there's something in this. I've thought the same and hope it's true.

I agree. The complete songs we saw were all completely expected (and helped fill up the runtime of the show) but several more only ran as instrumental underscore, and I think there's still room in the set list for a surprise or two.