GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• Post by vl1 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • What song are they playing where there are tons of toilet paper rolls tumbling on the screen behind them?!

I imagine this is for Land of Confusion, which is going to be re-purposed as a song about the pandemic and lockdown etc (don't know if it happened elsewhere but in the UK people were panic-buying toilet paper this time last year)

• I think the "Land of Confusion" extract comes from the rehearsal, because it is in B minor, and I hear that Phil's voice is kind of dubbed by the backing singers. But "Mama" comes from the album version (it's in E minor, it should have been way lower, if it had come from the rehearsals). I have serious doubts about that song, since the vocals are very demanding, but who knows...

• The one person that needs to be on a riser, Phil, isn't on one. Very difficult to see him at some venues when people are stood up on the floor. Jon Anderson uses one standing up.

Another recent (itchy bearded) Nic interview on YT discussing the gigs and preparation.

Perhaps he will be on a riser at some venues? I guess we all have to wait and see how they modify the show going forward.

• https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ica-in-November-n724.html

interesting quote from this ' While Mike seems to be not so sure about the UK shows ("I can't see it at the moment")'

TBH listening to the segment of the podcast the quote is taken out of context a bit and Mike is positive and 100% wants the tour to go ahead as planned

ATM here in Ireland were waiting on a new covid roadmap but in the past large mass gatherings have not been discussed. Wait and see situation

Edited once, last by Healy52003 ().

• yes this was about all those things that are currently discussed to make shows happen, i.e. tests, social distancing etc. And I also think that the phrase "can't see it at the moment" doesn't mean they will 100% postpone again. Could also mean things might look better soon.

My own feeling still is: UK shows won't happen in September.

... make tomorrow today!

• I’m watching what the government are doing with these trial events for example 2,000 fans in an open air football stadium that can seat 90,000 - a little conservative if you ask me and that was on Sunday of last week at Wembley Stadium!. The World Snooker seems more realistic in that they are gradually increasing attendances over the fortnight to hopefully have full capacity indoors for the final if all goes well with the feedback they get from tests of those who attend. Currently I think they are around 300 in a 900 seated indoor Arena with no problems touch wood!. I think looking at 20,000 in Manchester Arena singing and Hollering their appreciation of Our heroes is pushing it?. Snooker on the other hand is a more or less library type situation were people don’t exactly jump about or sing for 90 mins!. Mind you I’m not saying Genesis fans have a tendency to jump about!, but I have seen the occasional hand aloft.

Edited once, last by Wayne ().

• With the way Ireland is battling covid and the irritating cautious approach making mass gatherings very very doubtful even after summer I have made a plan b if/when the Dublin shows will be cancelled

Booked a free cancellation hotel in Birmingham for the 21st Sep show and will hoepfully get a cheap flight and pick up a ticket

• I haven't heard the podcast but thanks for confirming my suspicion that the hysterical headline was taken out of context. Elsewhere Mike is talking about the Autumn shows not only taking place, but leading to shows in other countries later.

• I’m hoping they get this thing off the ground and schedule some dates stateside thereafter, maybe in 2022. I’m never seen them live, this may be my last chance.

• my diary has reminded me that off to the 02 tonight to see the boys😄. Looking forward to it....see you all at the bar and wait for the opening strains of the mellotron to open the show with Watcher !

• my diary has reminded me that off to the 02 tonight to see the boys😄. Looking forward to it....see you all at the bar and wait for the opening strains of the mellotron to open the show with Watcher !

LOL ... well, sad, isn't it?

Let's hope this tour will happen and we can all enjoy the show ... maybe for the very last time!

• Has anyone actually received any physical tickets yet?. I booked on the phone for one of my two planned shows, and therefore it doesn’t show on the Ticketmaster application as an E Ticket (booked with Ticketmaster direct). This is for the first Leeds Arena Show and I’m wondering if tickets are going to be sent out?.

I saw them last night. You're gonna love it.

Spoiler...

• I saw them last night. You're gonna love it.

Spoiler...

yes I to was amazed by the 20 minute rendition and the vaudeville routine that accompanied it , the video backdrop showing vintage coopers assembling such things ( a now rare profession ), was worth the entry price alone.