GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• Why would they possibly not use ivermectin if it worked? The NHS reported that its anti-viral and anti- inflammatory properties were insufficiently robust to warrant any further study.

Plus various studies have shown that where it has any level of covid efficacy it's inconsistent, achievable only at significantly higher doses than normal and comes with a potential range of side effects, none of which is cited by its champions. Their fulsome singing of its praises is misleading, distorted, uninformed and highly selective.

Abandon all reason

• Back on topic. The possibility of the tour happening in 2022 has gotten even stronger but I imagine Arena's could be booked solid with so many tours happening

The US tour very likely to take place as scheduled and will give us an idea of the setlist

• Back on topic. The possibility of the tour happening in 2022 has gotten even stronger but I imagine Arena's could be booked solid with so many tours happening

The US tour very likely to take place as scheduled and will give us an idea of the setlist

Will be interesting to see what's going to happen in Ireland - who knows, maybe these two shows are affected and the other ones not? no idea ...

If they are forced to postpone again, I am pretty sure their agency (which is solomusicagency) have enough dates and venues at hand to make that happen, same applies to further shows in continental Europe.

• Will be interesting to see what's going to happen in Ireland - who knows, maybe these two shows are affected and the other ones not? no idea ...

If they are forced to postpone again, I am pretty sure their agency (which is solomusicagency) have enough dates and venues at hand to make that happen, same applies to further shows in continental Europe.

Reckon if the UK shows can go ahead with full capacities and the Dublin ones can't then they will be cancelled sadly. Currently have plans to head to Birmingham if that's the case but who knows

Elton John has a tour announcement the 23rd June which has similar venues to the Genesis tour but a bit later.

Interesting few weeks ahead

• Official Post

Well, the Delta-variant is getting stronger in Europe. Lisbon is shutting down over the weekend and the UK sees more new cases every day. Let me put it this way: I am more concerned about the September / October dates now than I have been three or four weeks ago.

• Well, the Delta-variant is getting stronger in Europe. Lisbon is shutting down over the weekend and the UK sees more new cases every day. Let me put it this way: I am more concerned about the September / October dates now than I have been three or four weeks ago.

Agreed.

Abandon all reason

• Well, the Delta-variant is getting stronger in Europe. Lisbon is shutting down over the weekend and the UK sees more new cases every day. Let me put it this way: I am more concerned about the September / October dates now than I have been three or four weeks ago.

Ugh. I hadn't heard about Lisbon. Seems like the vaccines are effective, so it's a question of how much damage is done before herd immunity is achieved. Fingers crossed it works out but if the variant has a toe hold in the unvaccinated population, I agree anything in the autumn is in jeopardy.

Where I am, we are completely open. No capacity restrictions, no mask mandate. And we did that at 50% vaccinated. Hope it doesn't blow up on us 😬

• Ugh. I hadn't heard about Lisbon. Seems like the vaccines are effective, so it's a question of how much damage is done before herd immunity is achieved. Fingers crossed it works out but if the variant has a toe hold in the unvaccinated population, I agree anything in the autumn is in jeopardy.

Where I am, we are completely open. No capacity restrictions, no mask mandate. And we did that at 50% vaccinated. Hope it doesn't blow up on us 😬

Latest figures in UK show that some fully vaccinated people have died from Delta variant.

• Official Post

Does completely open mean that there even is no check of vaccination status? If so, I believe this is the only way to go for all countries, finally.

Yes completely open means business (outside of healthcare facilities) can operate at 100% capacity. No masks indoors or out for vaccinated peoples. Guidance still recommends masks for unvaccinated. Vaccinated people’s carry cards but no one is checking them. No one seems to give a crap if you’re carrying a vaccine card.

• Under present circumstances I'm not averse to the idea, but I'm curious what kind of proof would have to be shown.

Up in my neck of the woods, we just get a peel-off sticker that says "I've been vaccinated."

Perhaps in other jurisdictions, they give you something with your name and an official stamp from local health authorities.

Now, that I have had my second dose, I'm happy to offer an addendum to my previous comment...

As it turns out, we get a printed receipt with the Ministry of Health logo, my name and all the relevant information. I had them email it to me as well so I can show it on my phone if I have to.

• No, just don't let the unvaccinated travel internationally, attend large events, etc. They've made their choice, rights come with responsibilities, and the unvaccinated have a responsibility to others around them. And as such, the UK government, much too late IMO, are talking about making vaccination a legal requirement for workers in care homes. How can you care for the old and frail when you may be carrying a potentially fatal (to them) virus. Yes, the vaccine doesn't give a 100% guarantee against you being infectious, but it's pretty damn close.

Mu mother is 99 this month. She's had 2 doses, she is fine, as am I, my wife, her sister (in remission from cancer) and everyone else I know who has had one or both jabs. Begs the question: WHAT is frightening? Might I suggest you stop following social media muppets (The majority on there, in my experience) and listen to people who have a clue, like Prof Chris Smith, Prof Linda Bauld, and the like who take time out of their work to explain the science, the stats, and much else, every week on the BBC. There MUST be similar people in the US.

Not much I can do about you feeling insulted, I'm afraid, but as I can't see you changing your views, like Ericm, I'm done with this discussion.

Just to answer your question as to what is frightening: It is your original statement that unvaccinated people could be ejected from the planet. Sadly others have that opinion, and maybe in a more realistic way than you had originally indicated. I'm all for a freedom of choice, and if there are those who would rather snuff you out than allow your freedom then that is what is frightening.

As for those who are unvaccinated not being allowed to travel, etc.: If you are vaccinated then there should be nothing to worry about. If I happen to catch it and die (.2% chance) then that is my problem really. However, if the vaccine doesn't protect you then what good is it really? Not worth the risk to me, though I am glad to hear your family has been fine after receiving it.

I don't expect to change anyone's opinion on here as there is far too much media overload to brainwash and lull to sleep much of our society. I'm just voicing my own concerns as I think it is important for alternate views to be heard. I won't go on and on here because I think it falls on deaf ears as it normally seems to which is a shame.

Oh, and I do more than read social media, not sure why that has been insinuated as my only source of info by two separate members here by the way.

• if the vaccine doesn't protect you then what good is it really?

That's not what he said, and you know damn well it's not, yet you decided to make that blatant distortion anyway.

And your tedious formulaic "media brainwashing" line cuts no ice. So no, with that and your wilful misrepresentation you're absolutely not going to change anyone's minds and rightly so.

Abandon all reason

• I'm all for a freedom of choice

So this is a lie. You think you are for freedom of choice, but you are not. We are in a global pandemic where I give the virus to you, and you give it to your Granny who dies, because it's a virus and it doesn't care. A vaccine is created and made at breakneck speed by scientists who work long hours and aren't paid very much, who are employed by large multinational companies that are headed up by directors and CEOs who work (long hours? Short hours? Who cares?) and are paid disgustingly large amounts of money. The vaccine greatly lowers the risk of me getting the virus, which greatly lowers the risk of you getting it from me, which lowers the risk of your Granny dying in this way. There's a vanishingly tiny risk of the vaccine turning my face inside out. I decide to get the vaccine. You, and your Granny, are welcome. I didn't compromise your freedom of choice, I don't think, but I played a small role in protecting you (not a big deal, you were at low risk anyway) and your Granny (a bigger deal. The poor soul is a sitting duck).

But wait. You exercised your freedom of choice and didn't get the vaccine. Wonder of wonders you get infected with the little blighter. "Pfft, who gives a shit! 0.2% chance of dying, me! FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!". But would you believe your luck, because nature's copywriting system makes mistakes all the time, and some of those mistakes are serendipitously advantageous, you generate a variant within the temple that is your godlike structure. That's right - dun dun dun! - the seven-eight variant. It's a squillion times more contagious than the omega variant (that's the one where the nanobots from the vaccine were fused by 5G to the virus, total nightmare). The seven-eight variant has an R0 of 9,000. But you don't give it to 9,000 people, you just give it to me, and I get it because the seven-eight variant has a mutation that makes the spike protein turn purple and grow balls, and not care that I'm vaccinated. I don't feel sick - I guess I'm lucky like you - so I don't know any better and I give it to my Granny. The seven-eight variant is a Granny-eater and she dies.

Now I'm confused. I thought I was exercising my freedom of choice to protect my Granny. I never really cared that much about protecting myself, because I have a 0.2% chance of dying, but Granny was much higher risk. Someone, without my knowledge, took away the choice to protect my Granny from me. Who was it? Oh, it was you.

On a sidenote, an "alternate view" to the truth is a falsehood. Common examples include "of course a person can eat more than 4 Jacobs cream crackers within a minute without drinking anything", "yes, Kim-Jong Un led the first manned mission to Neptune last week" and "ivermectin could have ended the pandemic".

• Really?

Well I think we know the answer to that: no.

The notion of questioning is vital, it's at the very root of our existence, it's essentially what science is. Then it becomes a matter of how you question, on what basis, and what you do with the answers. At that point, some of the time any alleged intelligence goes out of the window. We're seeing a dispiriting amount of that in relation to covid.

Abandon all reason