What are you listening to right now?

• Just listened to Selling England By The Pound in full on half speed vinyl. I was really taken somewhere else! I've also never heard the likes of Firth of Fifth and Epping Forest sound so amazing and well balanced!

• Just listened to Selling England By The Pound in full on half speed vinyl. I was really taken somewhere else! I've also never heard the likes of Firth of Fifth and Epping Forest sound so amazing and well balanced!

What is your listening set up? My in laws got me an AT LP60 a few years ago, the blue tooth one. I've recently been toying with the idea of upgrading, leery as I am of getting into an expensive, space and time consuming hobby like that.

Edit: currently listening to this new album over and over again. I *love* the opening line in this one ("there's 38! Hundred! Tigers! In this world, but there's far too many of you. Of you. FOOLS!")

External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What is your listening set up? My in laws got me an AT LP60 a few years ago, the blue tooth one. I've recently been toying with the idea of upgrading, leery as I am of getting into an expensive, space and time consuming hobby like that.

Edit: currently listening to this new album over and over again. I *love* the opening line in this one ("there's 38! Hundred! Tigers! In this world, but there's far too many of you. Of you. FOOLS!")

External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I actually have a similar turntable as you (the AT LP60XBT), as I just got into vinyl about 18 months ago myself! I only have collected about 40 records so far-but the collection journey has been a joy!

I DID upgrade my needle though about six months ago, to one designed specifically for the AT LP60 models. It's designed by Audio Technica and sold by LP Gear. It's basically an elliptical stylus (the turntable comes with conical). If you're interested, read the specs on the LP Gear website, but buy it on Amazon-they sell the exact same model, but for cheaper and without any extras. I spent lots of time reading reviews on both sites, and the general consensus across time is that it's a great improvement in sound for what's basically a "glorified entry level" turntable.

I have been using it myself-and when I first put it in, I experienced much clearer highs and deeper lows. For some records the improvement is more obvious than others, but it basically took my whole setup and collection and just...lifted it all up abit, in terms of listening experience. I definitely recommend it!

• "Days Of Future Passed - My Sojourn" - John Lodge's new recording of the Moody Blues album, with lots of reinterpretation a la Genesis Revisited 1, as opposed to just rerecording it a la GR 2. Features the late Graeme Edge and Jon Davison of Yes, streaming or downloading only at present, still awaiting details of UK CD availability.

Followed by "the Early Years" by Al Stewart, the US double version.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• External Content youtu.be

• Although acquainted with the radio hits, I always wanted to listen to the original albums. This was partly because I know that some songs had been edited for radio and I wanted to hear the full-length versions. I also wanted to hear them in the original context. Plus I figured there would be deeper cuts I might appreciate. This collection was a nice introduction, with a number of early albums.

A few impressions:

The first two albums in particular are really solid and contain some pretty experimental moments, e.g., Free Form Guitar. Lots of great music overall on these albums. I always though Kath was a great guitarist and vocalist, but am even more impressed. Seraphime does some really awesome drumming. Cetera is a really good bassist, which was not what I was expecting.

Overall, lots for me to appreciate. If there are any Chicago fans here, you can recommend any other early albums I should explore.

Edited 2 times, last by Dr. John ().

• [The first two albums in particular are really solid and contain some pretty experimental moments, e.g., Free Form Guitar. Lots of great music overall on these albums. I always though Kath was a great guitarist and vocalist, but am even more impressed. Seraphime is a does some really awesome drumming. Cetera is a really good bassist, which was not what I was expecting.

Overall, lots for me to appreciate. If there are any Chicago fans here, you can recommend any other early albums I should explore.

If you haven't heard them already, check out III, V & VII.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• I often don't think of posting what I'm actually listening to at the time. My last listen was Rainbow, On Stage, yesterday which I haven't heard probably for about 40 years; my best friend had it. I bought it about 6 months ago and just played it. Thought it worth mentioning here. It's fantastic, much more prog than I remembered. A double album 8 songs two sides of 2 which contain one song each. This is what we want.