So we all have music that just winds us up . All different reasons . What one person loves is the equivalent of nails down a chalk board to another. So all in fun what is your most hated music and why?
Possibly room for discussion/ argument, this could be dodgier than the political thread. 😃 No offense will taken by me even if someone says Who Dunnit!! ,Or Suppers Ready.. I will happily dismiss anyone as unfortunately derrananged if they put down Cinema Show and also offer therapy. Not asking for a top ( or bottom) ten although I am doing one. One or two or twenty fine . Sure I'll add a few here and there as they pop into my head .My list has nothing on it that consists of anything that I have been able to ignore over the years.
1.Girls Girls Girls - Motley Crew. These wild metal rockers were never hard or heavy. This wimpish excuse for a rock song would embarrass even the worst glam rockers ,. except for.....( The worst song of all time.)
2 Some Girls - Racey. " Some girls say they will and some girls lie" nuff said
3.Jolene , - Dolly Parton. " You're gorgeous and I know you can take him and he will have no responsibility because he's a man" Jesus she should leave her man if was like that.
4. Stand By Your Man, Tammy Wynette
Yes it's up to him what he does but us little ladies should just stand by him !
5; Coward Of The County - Kenny Rogers. " Always respect your daddy but If you're gonna be a proper man you just have to fight" All with an oohm pah backing.
6.I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do- Abba. - Responsible for countless millions euro pap songs that have assaulted my ears over many many years.
7. Dancing Queen - Abba. It's just something
I have been unable to avoid .On the radio all the time. It's a personal attack I'm sure . Every bloody birthday do / anniversary and wedding. Including my own as my best man made sure it was played.
8. Everything I Do I Do I Do It For You - Brian Adams (Continuing the I Do theme) . Nails down a chalk board time. This was number one for whole of 1991 except briefly for when my daughter when my born. My best friends also had their first child in 1991 and it became their song unfortunately It drives me insane , which is the reason I'm like I am today! Just look at Herbert Lom's Dreyfuss in the Pink Panther and that's me when this gets played.
9 . I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston. A gentle tender love song by DP transformed to a soulless belter by Whitney Foghorn . Just imagine having wake up to that belting in your ear every morning.
10. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey , in particular that Glee version.
10. The Fine Nil Countdown - Europe
10. Gimme Three Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd. I know it's supposed to be true / humourous by a cool rockers but whenever I hear it it conjures an image in of guys and girls in check shirts , blue jeans and cowboy boots , line dancing.
There. That was quite therapeutic!