20, 21, 22 September | Genesis live in BIRMINGHAM | reports **SPOILERS**

I wonder what thinking goes on when they’re planning the order?

Mike : - Well guys, what do we choose as an opener ? I don't want anything too complicated, no weird guitar tuning. We should play it safe...

Tony : - Behind The Lines is great, I wrote that part, and Duke is my favourite album.

Mike : - You're right. Plus we did it last time, it worked well.

Phil : - Ok guys.

I'm sure it happened like this. ^^

But they're right, it works very well objectively.

When Phil came out of retirement in 2016, I imagined Genesis being reunited with Nic and Ray, with Phil on backing vocals and hand percussion (because of Phil's voice lowering and Peter not wanting anything to do with Genesis). I thought about Wot Gorilla as an opener... :love:

• I think Genesis made out better.

I watched a few of the clips from the Stones' Gillette Stadium show, and I don't think Steve Jordan is a good fit at all. It sounded very jarring to me. They don't sound like the Stones.

I agree on songs like "Satisfaction" and "Miss You," the groove just wasn't there. Steve is a rock drummer, and Charlie was a jazz drummer at heart who happened to play rock and roll, which is why the Stones sound had that inimitable swing to it. That said, I was very impressed with the performance of "19th Nervous Breakdown," and "Jumping Jack Flash" sounded solid. I was also glad to see Keith was in fine shape and Mick's voice is fantastic for a 78 year old.

• I agree on songs like "Satisfaction" and "Miss You," the groove just wasn't there. Steve is a rock drummer, and Charlie was a jazz drummer at heart who happened to play rock and roll, which is why the Stones sound had that inimitable swing to it. That said, I was very impressed with the performance of "19th Nervous Breakdown," and "Jumping Jack Flash" sounded solid. I was also glad to see Keith was in fine shape and Mick's voice is fantastic for a 78 year old.

To be fair, that was in front of a small corporate crowd of only 300 people or so. Not much energy for the band to feed off of.... I am hopeful, when the real tour begins, they will gel (I'm going to the Tampa show.)

• I love what I see/hear so far. I'm happy just to see then one more time. God bless Phil - to go what he's going through and still give it his all for the fans. We all get old and most of us coward away from challenges. He isn't.

Nick is killing it. I understand the quality of the youtube videos is far from perfect, but it sounds like the sound of drums is way in the back of the mix. Drums are an important ingredient in the live sound. Can anybody confirm what they sound like in person?

• I love what I see/hear so far. I'm happy just to see then one more time. God bless Phil - to go what he's going through and still give it his all for the fans. We all get old and most of us coward away from challenges. He isn't.

Nick is killing it. I understand the quality of the youtube videos is far from perfect, but it sounds like the sound of drums is way in the back of the mix. Drums are an important ingredient in the live sound. Can anybody confirm what they sound like in person?

Last night the drums were certainly more front of mix - really prominent, clear and powerful

I was sat in Block C on the floor last night and the drums were mighty powerful in the mix. I was quite close though so maybe getting a little of the stage sound too.

• I'm seeing a lot of videos on twitter claiming to be from tonight, yet they are from yesterday.

Some people must be ripping off others videos and posting today for some weird reason and not realising the band wore different clothing tonight lol

Phil wore Red T and Darryl wore white blazer as being the obvious signs

• I am gonna give setlist now, as I was at the gig. My report will come tomorrow, because my legs feel like they're going to pop out of my sockets.

And yes, it was very good. Worth the money.

--------------------------------------

'When you wake in the morning

Wake and find you're covered in cellophane

Well, there's a hole in there somewhere'

• If anyone is going tonight and recording videos, please record and show clips that haven't been seen as yet, a lot of people posted the same songs and parts, so woul dbe nice to see other songs and sections etc

First time poster, figured I'd throw this here. I couldn't make it to any of the shows (Being on the opposite side of the world) so I've been stockpiling video from the first show.

Quality ranges, and its not the full show. I do no have credits for these clips either, and none are mine. Most are just youtube rips.

Either way, knock yourself out.

https://drive.google.com/drive…i8kTPIdXm8lp3?usp=sharing

• Unfortunately, it will be the same setlist until the end of the tour…

So sad for Abacab, Jesus and some others.

It is, in the end, what it is. To be honest, I thought the whole show flowed pretty well, aside from part 1 of Domino being about a semi-tone too low.

Edit: Actually, I think the lack of any song from Trick was a bit weird. Los Endos or Ripples would've worked fine.

'When you wake in the morning

Wake and find you're covered in cellophane

Well, there's a hole in there somewhere'

• In the airport now waiting for my plane home (hoping it arrives safely)

Delighted I saw the show and really enjoyed it, was a bit annoyed about 'Jesus' not been played and Phil doing the crowd thing before Domino got my hopes up. I'll admit it was hard to hold back the tears when they played Duke into Turn it on again. Overall delighted with the setlist esp the amazing version of 'follow'. Reckon Jesus will eventually be included and youtube will have to do

The stage production exceeded my expectations as did the backup singers and the band. Phil sounded great and done his very best considering his health

As an Irish fan I really hope they will do a European tour and include the Dublin and Belfast dates

Any fan recordings of Birmingham night 2 please send it to me