Recent Genesis-related news
04/10/2019 RAY WILSON: New single out & new album preorder
30/09/2019 STEVE HACKETT: More shows in North America in 2020
16/09/2019 NICK MAGNUS: New album "Catharsis" comes this October
15/09/2019 PHIL COLLINS: Picture Vinyl LP of "Tarzan" coming
12/09/2019 PETER GABRIEL: "Flotsam And Jetsam", a collection of 62 tracks, comes tomorrow

RIP Thread!!

• Ric Ocasek died yesterday (Sunday) in his sleep. He was 75. I have been a fan of The Cars from the beginning, since 1978. The band finally got into the RARHOF last year. Ric wrote some really good New Wave/Punk hits for about 10 years. I think I'll play a few of The Cars albums this morning. Their debut is near perfect. RIP Ric :(

• Ric Ocasek died yesterday (Sunday) in his sleep. He was 75. I have been a fan of The Cars from the beginning, since 1978. The band finally got into the RARHOF last year. Ric wrote some really good New Wave/Punk hits for about 10 years. I think I'll play a few of The Cars albums this morning. Their debut is near perfect. RIP Ric :(

Yes it certainly is! Fond memories of playing it repeatedly on car journeys in the 80s. Not a track on there that isn’t instantly memorable years (decades!) later.

For me the Cars are one of the greatest American bands.

RIP Ric :(

• Eddie Money passed away from esophageal cancer this last week. He was 70. Not the most important of acts in music history, but still a big part of the 1980s, at least he was here in the states. RIP Eddie :(

Ric Ocasek died yesterday (Sunday) in his sleep. He was 75. I have been a fan of The Cars from the beginning, since 1978. The band finally got into the RARHOF last year. Ric wrote some really good New Wave/Punk hits for about 10 years. I think I'll play a few of The Cars albums this morning. Their debut is near perfect. RIP Ric :(

I liked both acts, especially The Cars. The debut album is so good that it's pretty much their first volume of their "Greatest Hits" all by itself. "Candy-O", "Shake It Up", and "Heartbeat City" are great too (especially the last two - "Panorama" and "Door To Door" being their only semi-underwhelming releases, but neither were bad either. I never listened to "Move Like This", so I can't comment on it).

R.I.P., Ric!

As far as Eddie is concerned, I wouldn't have enjoyed 1982 as much as I did without his "No Control" album. That album was fantastic - even the videos from it were entertaining! "Shakin'", "Think I'm In Love" and the title track from that album are great songs.

R.I.P., Eddie!

Huge fan of both Cars and Ric's solo albums. Shocked at the news.

• Also, pernickety as it sounds, could the double exclamation marks be edited out of the thread title? It makes a somewhat sad and respectful thread sound inappropriately breathlessly excited.

Self-regarding as it is to quote myself, and as pernickety as it still no doubt is, again - could the "!!" be cut from this thread title? It just doesn't seem right.

• Ginger Baker: Legendary Cream drummer dies aged 80!!!.......:(

One of the very few drummers in rock who could put together a 10-15 minute drum solo that made me want to put up the volume and listen. He was best known for his work in Cream, but I also quite enjoyed his playing in Blind Faith and his post-BF project, Airforce.

RIP Ginger.