Genesis BBC Recordings Five Cd Box Set out soon!!!!!

• Unbelievable! I was hoping there would be some sort of Christmastime release...

Nick said 3x Vinyl as well!

EDIT: (I posted this on FB, but wanted to mention it here too) Interesting he says 5 CDs and only 3 vinyl. That sounds to me like perhaps a "best of" for the vinyl? 3x Vinyl gives you ~138mins to play with as opposed to 5 CDs would be 370mins of run time..

• Fantastic news! I, for one, have never heard any of the bootlegs and so on, so I’ll take whatever they’re offering as it will all be new to me. Wonder if they might go the way of the Queen cd set from a few years ago and include some interviews? I suspect many won’t be remotely bothered by such things but I actually went for the bigger of the Queen offerings for precisely that reason; listening to interviews that were broadcast on the radio decades ago can be really interesting as they remind you of what life was like back then (possibly reminding you of what your life was like if you were around at the time). Anyway, can’t wait.

• So when Tony Smith said "clean up the archives", is this what he was talking about ?

I'm glad to hear such news, but I would also do something more "basic". Something like :

- Genesis Live 1981 - Abacab Tour - The complete 2-hour-performance - Audio remastered from the original multitracks and video digitally enhanced in HD.

- Genesis Live 1984 - Mama Tour - Same thing

- Genesis Live in Wembley 1987 - Same thing

Then the Lyceum Theatre show.

I don't know if they have the rights on the 1976 and 1977 video live performances. If they have, please work on them also...

• If they are "cleaning up the archive" it's not all going to happen at once. Plus it's very unlikely those complete shows will get officially released anyway.

Abandon all reason

• I've heard a few interesting Genesis things from 1970-71 BBC sessions -- early versions of songs that changed in some way before making it onto an actual album. I'll be curious to see what else is out there and whether any of it differs enough from official releases to be worth my attention.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• The BBC also broadcast the 1975 Lamb show from Wembley Arena in a 60 minute set. It would be good if the BBC could dig up the whole concert.

Knebworth '78 Was that the BBC?

Earls Court '77. Was that the BBC? My version has Bob Harris presenting it.

• The BBC also broadcast the 1975 Lamb show from Wembley Arena in a 60 minute set. It would be good if the BBC could dig up the whole concert.

Knebworth '78 Was that the BBC?

Earls Court '77. Was that the BBC? My version has Bob Harris presenting it.

Knobworth was the BBC. EC was Capital. (Bob Harris? Are you certain? Never heard that. Nicky Horne was the on-stage presenter.)

• Unbelievable! I was hoping there would be some sort of Christmastime release...

Nick said 3x Vinyl as well!

EDIT: (I posted this on FB, but wanted to mention it here too) Interesting he says 5 CDs and only 3 vinyl. That sounds to me like perhaps a "best of" for the vinyl? 3x Vinyl gives you ~138mins to play with as opposed to 5 CDs would be 370mins of run time..

It's quite common to have "edited" vinyl versions of CD sets.

• A curiosity is this the complete BBC' setlist? :/

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

In our German forum someone wrote ...

...I guess it will look like this:

CD1: "Best Of" 4 Sessions 1970 - 1972
    CD2: "Best Of" Empire Pool Wembley, London 1975
    CD3: "Best Of" Knebworth Festival 1978
    CD4: "Best Of" Lyceum Ballroom, London 1980
    CD5: "Best Of" Wembley Stadium, London 1987

...and CD6 (Birmingham 1998) will be forgotten (intentionally). ;)