Your favorite tracks on ... "i/o"

• RtJ is now my number 4

Olive Tree is in my Top 3. I didn’t think that would happen after I heard that track in concert but here we are. Catchy, still Gabriel and an unexpected tribute to his old band mate Phil (although I am pretty sure that wasn’t intentional). Thanks for this. New album seems to be a really good one!

• Official Post

The Court is still my favorite track so far. Although I watched the video ;)

• Official Post

Have added "Love Can Heal " to this poll.

Check your votes on the first page of this thread and feel free to change it...

• I'm increasingly bored of the whole drip-drip release thing ||

PG obviously thinks this is all very clever / innovative / funny / cutting edge :rolleyes:

When he finally releases an actual album, then I'll find three favourite tracks.....

• Official Post

I'm increasingly bored of the whole drip-drip release thing ||

PG obviously thinks this is all very clever / innovative / funny / cutting edge :rolleyes:

When he finally releases an actual album, then I'll find three favourite tracks.....

I'm not bored at all. I heard all the tracks live (except So Much), but I enjoy every full moon release a lot. I have never spend so much time listening to new stuff and the album is growing and growing.

• I'm not bored at all. I heard all the tracks live (except So Much), but I enjoy every full moon release a lot. I have never spend so much time listening to new stuff and the album is growing and growing.

Same here. It's a very immersive experience, and the context around the songs (especially on the Bandcamp deep dives) are truly fascinating. So many layers to what PG is doing.

That being said, I probably would have chosen to hear the album in full back in January, given the option. PG himself said he suspected people would likely get bored, but he's going ahead with this release strategy anyway. And what this allows for is a completely different way of experiencing an album. I appreciate being stretched this way, while still looking forward to a physical release in the future.

• For me this strategy has been the best possible experience and I'm very thankful that PG's doing it and sticking with it to the end.

Personally I find it immensely rewarding, after having waited for over 20 years, to get the new material not all at once but during an elongated period of time. Sure, would have been great to get the album out already, but who wouldn't want to stretch out a nice feeling? Makes up for that foreboding sense of "is there any material coming?" of the past two decades since now my mind is conditioned to the idea of new PG material every month. (Which makes the idea of possible new material released during full moons beyond the completion of i/o a wet dream, really!)

And as others have pointed out above, this release schedule has allowed me too — and pushed me to — listen to each song carefully. Had they all dropped immediately, I might have listened to the full album a few times and then unconsciously picked out a few favorites and put them on an infinite rotation or something, but now each new song is getting their rightful attention. Now I've been listening to Love Can Heal non-stop since release, and the same thing will happen come next full moon.

• My 3 are Playing for Time, Olive Tree, and i/o. I'm seem to be a bit in the minority on the last one, which I find very positive and uplifting. It also has great energy live.

• Official Post

My 3 are Playing for Time, Olive Tree, and i/o. I'm seem to be a bit in the minority on the last one, which I find very positive and uplifting. It also has great energy live.

I also like the title track a lot, Peter nails this one and it doesn’t go forever, which is rather an exception. It was a great track live as well

the inside mix is a lot of fun as well

• For me this strategy has been the best possible experience and I'm very thankful that PG's doing it and sticking with it to the end.

Personally I find it immensely rewarding, after having waited for over 20 years, to get the new material not all at once but during an elongated period of time. Sure, would have been great to get the album out already, but who wouldn't want to stretch out a nice feeling? Makes up for that foreboding sense of "is there any material coming?" of the past two decades since now my mind is conditioned to the idea of new PG material every month. (Which makes the idea of possible new material released during full moons beyond the completion of i/o a wet dream, really!)

And as others have pointed out above, this release schedule has allowed me too — and pushed me to — listen to each song carefully. Had they all dropped immediately, I might have listened to the full album a few times and then unconsciously picked out a few favorites and put them on an infinite rotation or something, but now each new song is getting their rightful attention. Now I've been listening to Love Can Heal non-stop since release, and the same thing will happen come next full moon.

I agree with this perspective. Though the impatient side of me keeps thinking "I wish he would just release the album already!" I do love that he is allowing us the time to really absorb each song. This approach has actually changed my perspective on certain songs, after listening to them more over time. It almost kind of forces us to give each individual song a true chance, rather than just writing it off and hitting "skip" and never being able to learn to appreciate it. We are also given a second chance with the Bright vs Dark mixes, incase we didn't enjoy one version!

It also is a great marketing approach-it literally keeps PG at top of mind accross the entire year, rather than blowing it all out at once and then fizzling out after a couple months and everyone moves on. It's a GREAT way for him to stay relevant, in this age of "all about the single!"

It's also given me something to look forward to all throughout the year.

As for my favorite three, I have now realized it's constantly in flux. Right now I'm at Road to Joy, Playing for Time and Love can Heal (very different from last month!)