Genesis proshot Cinema Show 24.03.2022

• You probably already know, but yesterday Nick added a proshot of The Cinema Show on his Youtube channel from March 24, 2022. There are really such surprises. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is very interesting to watch. I like the way he simplifies some of the motifs from Cinema Show as he’s the sole drummer. But he also has a lot of the power of his dad and some really nice little flourishes with the snare that I can imagine Phil playing. Great drumming.

• Must have been recorded with Nic‘s drum cams. So I wouldn’t expect too much (i.e. other songs etc). It’s a nice insight into his playing. He did a great job!

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• Nick, however, implied (indirectly) in the video's description that there would be other songs. He wrote- "I was going through some old videos and came across some drum cam footage from the Genesis "The Last Domino?" Tour. So I thought I'd put together a quick edit along with some board audio" (of course the post is longer but it's mostly about how Nick could play all those songs on tour even better). Besides, I don't think he creates a separate one!!!!!! Youtube channel for one song. But I doubt we'll hear Phil's vocals. I suspect there will be instrumental songs like Duke's Intro, Second Home By The Sea or Firth Of Fifth. However, I didn't expect Nick to add anything - so nothing really surprises me anymore. Surely Nick had to have Phil's and other band members' permission to show it. We will see how it goes. :)

• I never was really interested in live footage from that tour. I enjoyed the shows and the atmosphere and was always afraid any footage might take that feeling away.

Having seen this, I am really grateful this nippet found the way to publication.

But still, I hope they won't do a complete show (as far as I know they only recorded rehearsals anyway).

• Official Post

They won't do any sort of concert film from that tour.

Besides the fact they didn't film a show after rehearsals, I just think they don't care about any releases anymore.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• They won't do any sort of concert film from that tour.

Besides the fact they didn't film a show after rehearsals, I just think they don't care about any releases anymore.

I am aware that a video from those rehearsals would not sound that great regaring Phil's vocals and it also would be strange to have a Genesis concert video without Phil playing any drums.

Nevertheless I would like to see the whole thing, especially since it's likely that Jesus he knows me was filmed ( you can hear an instrumental version in the background during the rehearsal documentary ).

But I don't think it will happen ... sadly