Genesis albums to be re issued by Analogue Productions

• Unfortunately my turntable cannot play 45s in the correct speed any longer, the rubber is worn out. Otherwise I would have purchased Selling England. :( Or I need another turntable...

Replace the belt?

And the flow of The Lamb broken up too.

Even if I had a turntable, sod that.

Yes. Not stoked at this prospect. On the other hand, my quads would get a reasonable workout just listening to the lamb alone.

• Oh! great news. I haven't been here for a while and my visit today was not in vain!

I just checked the site and I was amazed to see that the sacd is one of the options!

In my case I couldn't miss the opportunity with "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" and "A Trick Of A Tail" at least, if I can the rest with Gabriel on SACD

Thank You!

• Although the remixes with Gabriel are the most decent in terms of sound quality (at least compared to those of the Collin's Era) the possibility of a decent remastering with the original mix is a dream.

With the names of those involved, I cross my fingers for great work with these records.

• Official Post

With all due respect, I ask you:

Do you mean that the announced albums will be released over a period of three years? Or the entire discography?

Thank you for your time and attention

hi there

Please also check out news item about this

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ophile-reissues-n893.html

They won’t be released all at once, they are part of a bigger campaign and the idea is to have two albums released per month. So it will take some time until all albums are out in the mentioned formats

• Unfortunately my turntable cannot play 45s in the correct speed any longer, the rubber is worn out. Otherwise I would have purchased Selling England. :( Or I need another turntable...

That doesn't sound very "audiophile". (drive belts are easy to source, I got 2 (inc a spare) for my 1982 Dual C814 cassette deck, even though spares were no longer available. measure and search online.)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Thanks, I'll check this out. I am not an expert with these things, my dad and my brother are, I just enjoy using the stuff but I have no clue how to fix things. Sounds easy enough. Easier at least than replacing the belt in a floppy disk drive, I managed to break the one in my old KORG keyboard, then I found a USB floppy converter which works fine... Not an option for a vinyl player.

Anyways, yes, then I will get Selling England.

• I've already written 100 lines " I must not buy anymore copies of Genesis albums." I only have 2 copies of FGTR and 3 of TLLDOB. 4 of everything else except 5 ATOTTs and 6 Abacabs!

I am a bit of a sucker for these things and actually sucker is probably the right word. I find that I now spend too much time analysing the sound rather than just listening and enjoying with no thoughts of comparisons etc etc. Actually I have So on a 45 speed double album. I don't like it. I don't like having to change it so often and the whole thing is too bright.

• I've already written 100 lines " I must not buy anymore copies of Genesis albums." I only have 2 copies of FGTR and 3 of TLLDOB. 4 of everything else except 5 ATOTTs and 6 Abacabs!

I am a bit of a sucker for these things and actually sucker is probably the right word. I find that I now spend too much time analysing the sound rather than just listening and enjoying with no thoughts of comparisons etc etc. Actually I have So on a 45 speed double album. I don't like it. I don't like having to change it so often and the whole thing is too bright.

the question is are you tempted though Mr

Farmer?, if these sound amazing then it’s a no brainer for Me and the covers AS do are Mind blowingly good and thick cardboard to boot!.

• At one point in my life I had all the Genesis records and I was very happy with them. Then CDs came out and I was discontented because I wanted the CDs , and then the definitive editions came out and was unhappy again because I had to have definitive versions as they were actually tdefinitive, so I bought them all and was happy again . At a charity shop I saw NC and Trespass in a nice cardboard box called the Genesis collection, so bought that. Then the boxed sets came out and so I bought them to make sure I wasn't unhappy without them. I love my vinyl so I bought the vinyl boxed sets too when they came out. And then Wayne told me about the Original Master Recording of ATOTT so £80 went on that and very happy with that. And of course along the way I had to get all the Abacab covers.

So they're all coming again.

I must not buy any more Genesis re releases.

I must not buy any more Genesis re releases

I must not buy any more Genesis re releases........

Well maybe one to see what it's like.

• I wonder if anyone has all of them on vinyl, reel to reel, 8 track, cassette, cd, mini disc, sacd, mp3 and flac. Any other formats?

I think the most copies I have of any of them is 4 (cassette, cd, cd box set and vinyl) for perhaps wind and wuthering and self-titled, *maybe* Duke.

• Holding out for the CD/SACDs. Hoping the first batch of the new remasters will be released soon? Probably SEBTB and TLLDOB first to be released? Looking forward to hearing these.