MTV Unplugged Phil Collins- looking for the full CD or DVD version

• pawciob1

Changed the title of the thread from “MTV Unplugged- looking for the full CD or DVD version” to “MTV Unplugged Phil Collins- looking for the full CD or DVD version”.
    • Official Post

I haven't heard of any of those two since then. I also doubt they have a recording of this show.

I still hope it will come out in some form one day.

• It's about time for an official release of the Unplugged show - and also the earlier concert films (Perkins Palace / No Ticket) on Blu-ray. There is still hope ....

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• Official Post

Perkins Palace is full on video, but has a few collectors that I'm looking for and can't find yet. If you help me, maybe I will find them :))))))))

Perkins Palace has never been released in full and also never on Blu-ray

• I agree with you that i wish the full Unplugged show would be released at least on bootleg. I know wasnt the beet time in Phil's life and he wished he didn't have to commit doing it. Still the setlist looks awesome!

• I Don't Care Anymore
    • Doesn't Anybody Stay
      Together Anymore
    • Another Day In Paradise
    • Both Sides Of The Story
    • I Wish It Would Rain Down
    • The Way You Look Tonight
    • This Must Be Love
    • Burn Down The Mission
    • Separate Lives
    • Don't Call Me Ashley
    • The West Side
    • Knocking On Heaven's Door
    • In The Air Tonight
    • Helpless Heart
    • One More Night
    • Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
    • My Girl
    • You Can't Hurry Love
    • Get Ready
    • Lady Madonna
    • Sussudio
    • Don't Call Me Ashley
    • The West Side
    • Helpless Heart
    • Separate Lives

There actually was the making of Phil's MTV Unplugged on Youtube with the special but it looks like it's been removed. The making was interesting with some good interviews by Phil. Anyway the setlist is interesting that he actually tried Don't Call Me Ashley several times as well as Helpless Heart and even Burn Down the Mission and The Way You Look Tonight. Here's hoping it one day gets released!

• I agree with you that i wish the full Unplugged show would be released at least on bootleg. I know wasnt the beet time in Phil's life and he wished he didn't have to commit doing it. Still the setlist looks awesome!

• I Don't Care Anymore
    • Doesn't Anybody Stay
      Together Anymore
    • Another Day In Paradise
    • Both Sides Of The Story
    • I Wish It Would Rain Down
    • The Way You Look Tonight
    • This Must Be Love
    • Burn Down The Mission
    • Separate Lives
    • Don't Call Me Ashley
    • The West Side
    • Knocking On Heaven's Door
    • In The Air Tonight
    • Helpless Heart
    • One More Night
    • Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
    • My Girl
    • You Can't Hurry Love
    • Get Ready
    • Lady Madonna
    • Sussudio
    • Don't Call Me Ashley
    • The West Side
    • Helpless Heart
    • Separate Lives

There actually was the making of Phil's MTV Unplugged on Youtube with the special but it looks like it's been removed. The making was interesting with some good interviews by Phil. Anyway the setlist is interesting that he actually tried Don't Call Me Ashley several times as well as Helpless Heart and even Burn Down the Mission and The Way You Look Tonight. Here's hoping it one day gets released!

I really hope this will be released one day. Perhaps and edited show and all the extra tracks as part of a bonus feature.

• Am interesting set indeed, also having the general Both Sides tour set in mind, I wonder why he played "Don't call me Ashley". I like that one a lot and hope to see some sort of MTV Unplugged release as well!

• I agree with you Ashley and last domino. When Clapton did a recent repackage campaign with his Unplugged, it included some extra tracks that were rehearsed plus the original showing and a rehearsal dvd. I know Clapton's Unplugged was much more popular than Phil's, but I still think it would be an interesting release. I'm just not convinced that Phil actually liked the performance. If anyone can prove me wrong, please do so. I think with "Fax Gate" just erupting, he seemed quite unhappy with the performances he gave for that show and is perhaps why he cut so many songs out of it. He apparently did a version that we know exists on the Both Sides Tour of I Don't Care Anymore like his Unplugged performance.

One thing I will say Ashley, you got me thinking, if you watch Phil's Unplugged, when he begins West Side, the camera angle is screwy. Because Phil is looking happy and I think he is actually perhaps starting "Don't Call Me Ashley" and immediately, there is a new camera angle and Phil is not looking in the same direction. The other thing I suppose it could be is that I suppose he did two takes of West Side so it could be the beginning one and the continuation of the second take. Nevertheless, on the making of Phil's Unplugged, there is a small snippet of him rehearsing Don't Call Me Ashley and saying he can't hear and stops the song and starts again. I don't know if you have seen that, but it's pretty cool and I wish I could show but the clip seems to be gone from Youtube. I posted the two angles and how they are not spliced well at all from this youtube clip:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I agree with you Ashley and last domino. When Clapton did a recent repackage campaign with his Unplugged, it included some extra tracks that were rehearsed plus the original showing and a rehearsal dvd. I know Clapton's Unplugged was much more popular than Phil's, but I still think it would be an interesting release. I'm just not convinced that Phil actually liked the performance. If anyone can prove me wrong, please do so. I think with "Fax Gate" just erupting, he seemed quite unhappy with the performances he gave for that show and is perhaps why he cut so many songs out of it. He apparently did a version that we know exists on the Both Sides Tour of I Don't Care Anymore like his Unplugged performance.

One thing I will say Ashley, you got me thinking, if you watch Phil's Unplugged, when he begins West Side, the camera angle is screwy. Because Phil is looking happy and I think he is actually perhaps starting "Don't Call Me Ashley" and immediately, there is a new camera angle and Phil is not looking in the same direction. The other thing I suppose it could be is that I suppose he did two takes of West Side so it could be the beginning one and the continuation of the second take. Nevertheless, on the making of Phil's Unplugged, there is a small snippet of him rehearsing Don't Call Me Ashley and saying he can't hear and stops the song and starts again. I don't know if you have seen that, but it's pretty cool and I wish I could show but the clip seems to be gone from Youtube. I posted the two angles and how they are not spliced well at all from this youtube clip:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for sharing this additional information.

Would be pretty cool to have a full Unplugged Blu-ray some day. Unbelievable - that Unplugged thing was 30 years ago!

... make tomorrow today!

• I think it "just" needs a production company to license the shows and release the bluray.

Phil and his people have no interest in doing, but i'm sure they would sign-off on anyone else prepared to release it, hence the Live at Montreaux and Going Back blurays.

I think it was Picture Music International that did the VHS releases (I still remember the logo theme!) but they closed. Eagle Rock Rock Entertainment seem to churn out BluRay releases that can't possible have any sales outside of extreme hardcore fans... particularly those talking head documentaries about a particular album featuring none of the actual band members. If they turn a profit, then an actual Phil Collins gig that fans are desperate for would 100% sell in greater numbers.

It would be so good just to have the VHS Perkins Palace upgraded to BluRay, if it was possible to add in the cut tracks and have the full show including And So to F etc, it would be mindblowing. Also No Ticket Required and a Both Sides Tour bluray would be very high on my Genesis & Related wish-list.

Does anyone fancy forming a production company with me and we'll see if it's possible and how much it would cost to license and produce?? We could do a short run first to "test the water".