GENESIS - The Last Domino? Tour

• I wish all families well. Hope Nic would side with neither and side with both as most kids do. Sure PCs wife would want the tour to go ahead , it will generate a load of cash. Also a tremendous opportunity for Nic, any mother objecting to that would be spiteful in the extreme. Surely she would be all in favour . I don't know the people and tend to avoid the gossip stuff but as it's being discussed here I have little time for very wealthy people suing and causing greater heartbreak to get even more money. She has more money than anyone needs, if she wants love then just take it and get on with life. Money is a lot less important than love. Cliché but true.

Lots of stuff about the public persona of Phil I have disliked but I don't know him but he remains my " would most like to meet" person. I'm certain he pays more attention to the negative press he receives than he should, when those who dislike him probably give very little thought to him There are however millions who do give great deal of thought to him. Those people are the ones he has given great pleasure to through his talent and in so doing has improved their lives. I feel my life richer for the love of Genesis music, though much much poorer financially!! See what I mean?

• I really think it’s time that something should be given back to the fans about these shows. I think there is a general consensus that these shows may be postponed again possibly?. It’s only 7 months till these are due to take place. Obviously I will be over the moon of it all happens as planned but I don’t think the fans such as us are being kept abreast of developments. On average we have probably each invested £400 minimum (some substantially more than that me included) and I feel that Genesis management should be saying if there is a strong possibility that it won’t be happening in April. I am getting excited and apprehensive at the same time, our money which we could all do with at this difficult time is in limbo and has been for months now. If they do postpone again I will be very upset and I believe they should just cancel it and start a fresh. This is my personal opinion but I feel all this talk of Genesis working on the tour is a little speculative at best, great if it is indeed happening but big shows like this indoors are not going to happen. If they can’t arrange indoor performances of a ballet attended by a few hundred people sitting quietly how can they expect a rock show like this to go ahead?. I think if it is postponed they should offer a refund and stop all this messing around for the fans. I know this has been discussed a lot but I’m trying to be realistic. Would I take a refund if offered one today - yes. Moving the goalposts continually for these shows although understandable to some extent is causing a lot of people hassles booking hotels , and cancelling hotels etc etc. If we did a poll here I’m sure that less than 25% think April will happen?.

Due to the nature of what the next few months may hold I would contemplate that April is already been looked at as not viable for the tour to take place, giving the fans the option of getting their money back should be the first thing the promoters think about if indeed it is put back again.

Edited 2 times, last by Wayne ().

• From what I've been hearing, the earliest date for an officially approved vaccine is spring 2021. But it will not be administered overnight. They will start by health staff, first responders (firefighters and police), then they will take care of the most vulnerable population (seniors), and then the rest of the population. This will take time. And that is only for the first dose. Apparently, a second dose is necessary to ensure immunity. At the very earliest, the whole process could be completed - if things go well, and things never go well -, by early 2022. I think the end of 2022, early 2023 is more realistic. So, forget any full scale shows with full audience before that.

Edited once, last by somsom ().

• https://www.loudersound.com/ne…e-scenes-rehearsal-photos

So looking like the boys are still up fot it!...🤞

Interesting! Looking at the small drumkit and wondering if this would be a part of an acoustic section of the show? And really wondering about the kit behind Phil... Looks like it is set up for a lefty with the (presumably) ride cymbal to the left. Looks a little like a smaller Phil setup. Of course no way of knowing with so little to go on but I can only hope he plays something at these shows!

• I would be extremely surprised if the tour went ahead in April.

I have a ticket for Glasgow but if it goes ahead, for health reasons I will not go

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• I would be extremely surprised if the tour went ahead in April.

I have a ticket for Glasgow but if it goes ahead, for health reasons I will not go

I'd be in a quandary as I obviously really want to go, but for similar reasons to yours - in August I had a health scare that puts me in a higher risk category - I'd ought not to. But I think the choice will be made for us. I can't think what miracle will happen between now and Feb/Mar (surely the absolute latest by which another postponement decision could be made) that would suddenly enable thousands of people to be safely crammed together in a venue like before.

Abandon all reason

• It will be miraculous if it does, glad to see they are practicing anyways maybe a new album will come out of these sessions at least !.I would anticipate these are recorded and filmed for use at a later stage would make sense?.

• yeah I think it's gonna be too tight. Even if the vaccine goes lightning fast I can't see it being generally administered in time. It may also require a second dose. Efficacy mightn't be good enough for the inoculating stress test a concert would represent.

• I absolutely refuse to get downhearted about stuff that may or may not happen. What we know is that it's planned for April so may as well look forward to it. I've even got a new set of clothes especially for the event.

I JUST CANT WAIT I'M SO EXITED

• No-one is getting "downhearted about what may or may not happen", we're being realistic about what is very likely to happen given the current circumstances. Which is better than resolutely believing the tour will happen as currently rescheduled, then experiencing the disappointment of it being re-rescheduled.

Abandon all reason

• I absolutely refuse to get downhearted about stuff that may or may not happen. What we know is that it's planned for April so may as well look forward to it. I've even got a new set of clothes especially for the event.

no wonder Armstrong and Aldrin took so long to get out of Apollo 11 having to get into these suits !.

Did you buy them off XTC? :)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I'm probably the most relaxed of the lot around here: since Genesis died in 1977, I haven't the slightest expectation ;)

can’t understand that point of view at all with respect. Although I’m a Gabriel era fan firstly I rate

“Duke” and “Self Titled” up there with their best work. They moved with the times, became more commercial but for sure those two albums are as good as anything they did with Gabriel and better for me than Wind and Wuthering.

• Do you think Wot Gorilla is better than Home By The Sea?

Honest question, I'm not looking to be judgemental.

Please be judgmental - otherwise we're all gonna get back to sleep ;)

And yes, Wot Gorilla by a country mile. It has er... b*lls, imagination, and it doesn't outstay its welcome, while Home By The Sea is the apotheosis of the snooze fest hinted at by One For the Vine.