Your next gig

• My next gig is Elbow, 28th April at the Apollo.

I think that's the one I'm going to.

But before that, Fish at Islington Assembly Hall. A VIP freebie courtesy of my industry friend Super Dave.

The week after that, Karine Polwarth and Goldfrapp, back to back in Edinburgh.

Abandon all reason

• My Next Gig will be like going to a drive-in open air theater in my car. A few have suggested this option in the post-covit era and seems like a good one.

Imagine a stage facing 100-200 cars or more. Sound won't be like in a large arena or theater but at least you can see and hear your bands perform live!

I hate using the words "new normal" but this could be a new trend for concert goers and keep "social distancing". Besides, in your car you don't need a mask :)

• My Next Gig will be like going to a drive-in open air theater in my car. A few have suggested this option in the post-covit era and seems like a good one.

Imagine a stage facing 100-200 cars or more. Sound won't be like in a large arena or theater but at least you can see and hear your bands perform live!

I hate using the words "new normal" but this could be a new trend for concert goers and keep "social distancing". Besides, in your car you don't need a mask :)

Hmmmm,....... Dancing might hard. Standing ovation may be limited. Stage diving would be interesting. I could buy a special old car for a mosh pit . That would be fun. Rushing the stage might cause road rage.

Anyway knowing my luck I would find a great spot with a great view and some great big hairy lorry would come and park right in front of me.^^

• My next concert WAS going to be Elton John Farewell Yellow brick road show in Montreal.

I asked for my tickets refund this morning. I am NOT travelling at all after a horrendous experience I had in the USA over the Holidays trying to get back to Canada. With covid still around and the uncertainty of variants, travel seems more like a nightmare than a pleasure now, sadly :(

• How nice to see this revived.

We saw Tim Minchin a couple of nights ago for the third time. He seems to be moving away from comedy into more serious music. He's good, although very self-absorbed.

In April I will see Midnight Oil for the first time EVER. I love this band who are Australian icons. I will have seen Crowded House for the second time a fortnight before.

On June 22 we are seeing somebody called Steve Hackett..... the show has been rescheduled THREE times.

• Considering a couple shows-will do at least one of them, probably both. Both at the Sellersville Theater...

Stick Men (Tony Levin, Markus Reuter and Pat Mastelotto)

The Security Project-a Peter Gabriel tribute headed by Jerry Marotta

Have seen both before-excellent performances.

• For the moment, my next show in in early March, and - wouldn't you know it - it's a Genesis-tribute band! ^^ It's a band called "Rael" - apparently, they do Gabriel-era Genesis and Gabriel solo songs during their shows. I have been trying to see this band for a while now; however, something, would always come up that would prevent me from seeing them. Now, it seems I will finally get my chance (stay away, Omicron variant)! :thumbup:

I was going to see Nick Mason next week at the Beacon Theater in NYC, but that show/tour has been postponed (wisely, I should add). I was never crazy about the original late January date in the first place (i.e., the threat of snow, etc.), so this postponement is actually a blessing of sorts. Since I was able to snag a great seat for this show originally (4th row, dead center), I was never going to ask for a refund. (Let's hope the show is rescheduled before January 2023!)

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Tonight I'm seeing ExTC, the original drummer & founding member of XTC Terry Chambers touring a band doing XTC stuff with the blessing and input of Andy Partridge and Colin Moulding. So I like to think they're there in spirit! Sort of. It'll be the only chance I'll ever get to experience their stuff live with at least an original member. Yesterday and today spent mooching around Glasgow, where the gig is. Starting to decompress from a couple of rather testing days. Hopefully my leisurely lunch today at a Michelin-starred restaurant will help that. Well you've got to treat yourself occasionally if you can.

Abandon all reason

• Toying with the idea of seeing Roger Waters in July. I'm not a fan of his solo work at all, but I think it would be a good spectacle and he'll probably do some Floyd numbers (though I also don't like his interpretations of the group's songs! Hmm... Maybe I'll not bother).

• For my 2022:

April: Judas Priest & Queensryche

May: ZZ Top & Cheap TrIck - Sting

June: Pendragon

July: Marillion weekend in Montreal - Roger Waters

October: Aussie Pink Floyd

Fingers crossed for all, Elton John already got cancelled.

• My son and I have tickets to see Dream Theater when they come to Philadelphia in early March. We haven't seen them in several years, and like what I've heard from their new album, so looking forward to an enjoyable show.