20, 21, 22 September | Genesis live in BIRMINGHAM | reports **SPOILERS**

• nope. Both were played in North America and so

In London

You cant say a definitive "Nope" Christian. I saw them 5 times on that tour and on no occasion did they play both those songs on the same night and that includes twice at Earls Court. It might be that they did play both and dropped something else on occasions during the European tour and I have no idea what they did in North America.

• A few questions;

-was Duchess the full version?

-Was Tonight Tonight Tonight the shortened version that bridges into Invisible Touch?

-How much of Moonlit Knight was played?

There are a number of videos doing the rounds for most songs.

I think doing I can't Dance probably wasn't ideal for this tour, seeing Phil trying to do the crotch swing sitting in a chair.

• According to Joserael on Twitter :

"

1/Duke's suite

2/ Turn it on again

3/ Mama

4/ Land of confusion

5/ Home by the sea 6/ Second home by the sea

7/ Fading lights/Cinema show/afterglow

8/ That's all

9/ The lamb lies down on Broadway

10/ Follow you follow me

11/ Duchess

12/ No son of mine

13/ Firth oh fith/I know what I like (stagnation snippet... and tambourine !)

14/ Domino

15/ Throwing it all away

16/ Tonight tonight tonight

17/ Invisible Touch

18/ I can't dance

19/Dancing with the moonlit knight intro/Carpet crawlers

"

• Official Post

see page one in this thread ;)

• Official Post

You cant say a definitive "Nope" Christian. I saw them 5 times on that tour and on no occasion did they play both those songs on the same night and that includes twice at Earls Court. It might be that they did play both and dropped something else on occasions during the European tour and I have no idea what they did in North America.

just checked it, you are right about the UK theatre tour - I didn't have that one in mind

During the US open air tour. they played both until DWYS was dropped halfway through

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You beat me to the punch by about 30 seconds. I was just getting ready to post this clip. The audience seems kind of subdued to me. Phil’s voice isn’t great with DWTMK, but on Carpet Crawlers he sounds much better to me.

• Official Post

Did Phil actually sing Duchess or was it just instrumental?

he sang it

• A few questions;

-was Duchess the full version?

-Was Tonight Tonight Tonight the shortened version that bridges into Invisible Touch?

-How much of Moonlit Knight was played?

Full version of Duchess...and quite a powerful arrangement.

Tonight unfortunately was the abridged version.

Moonlit Knight was just the intro...until the vocal "...selling England by the pound..." then segues into Carpet Crawlers.

By the way, the Lamb (or "New-born Lamb" as I've dubbed it) will split opinion, but personally think it was a good, 'warming' arrangement.

And, Nic was awesome on the drums.

Phil's voice much better than I expected having seen the documentary....yes, he struggles with some notes (and some lyrics) but he sang well...and grew more alive as the show went on.

• Thanks for posting the setlist and for the videos. I'm not terribly surprised by the setlist (it's pretty much 2007 give or take) which is probably the most disappointing part. I was hoping that they'd slip in one true surprise but alas, no. The intro to DOWTMK was pitiful; I'm sorry. Yes, I'm going to see them (in NA) and yes, I will enjoy it and feel more than a twang of nostalgia but man, oh man, age is not for the faint of heart (and I'm speaking to myself as much as anything else)..... Take care.

• The intro to DOWTMK was pitiful; I'm sorry. Yes, I'm going to see them (in NA) and yes, I will enjoy it and feel more than a twang of nostalgia but man, oh man, age is not for the faint of heart (and I'm speaking to myself as much as anything else)..... Take care.

That bad note on "It lies with me" cried the Queen of Maybe" was admittedly pretty painful. First show in a long time, and he hasn't sang that in decades. I'll give him a break.