24, 25, 26 March 2022 | Genesis live in LONDON | reports

• Sorry to hear that - no consolation to you, but mine eventually dropped into the o2 app on Tuesday evening for Saturdays show.

I know I'm an old fart but I'd much prefer to have real-life, hard-copy, proper-printed tickets in my hand than a QR code / ticket on an app!! I'll still be nervous until I'm physically allowed inside the building!!

I had problems on my phone downloading til that day too and I agree why is a ticket so hard? I wonder if the empty seats wr saw around is because of stuff like tickets not delivered in time.

• Official Post

A video from last night

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Usually tickets appear overnight, but very frustrating and gets you anxious..had the same for other shows. Frustrating considering AXS tickets have been on the app since day 1...something to bear in mind for future shows!

i do remember for the TIOA show, the paper tickets turned up with 2 days to go...nothing like leaving it late

Hope TM get things sorted

• I'd go as far as to say that it was possibly a bit too loud and the sound was a bit washed out because of it. Absolutely never thought I'd say that about Genesis. Was very surprised at the booming bass and drums. Didn't really matter because most people knew the songs inside out.

Was really very impressed with Phil. The footage that emerged from the first few nights if the tour last year had me very worried. But I think he only missed one cue tonight and his voice was really strong. A completely different animal to when he started. Very impressed and relieved.

• Sound like a bunch of idiots. I bought 2 tickets from Ticketline for a gig in September yesterday morning at 9am and they were in my inbox less then 15 minutes later. Printed and ready! That's the way to do it.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I'd go as far as to say that it was possibly a bit too loud and the sound was a bit washed out because of it. Absolutely never thought I'd say that about Genesis. Was very surprised at the booming bass and drums. Didn't really matter because most people knew the songs inside out.

Was really very impressed with Phil. The footage that emerged from the first few nights if the tour last year had me very worried. But I think he only missed one cue tonight and his voice was really strong. A completely different animal to when he started. Very impressed and relieved.

Yes the bass was massive. The building shook on In The Glow Of The Night!

I agree that Phil was much improved. He's never going to perform like the old days but his voice was bit stronger, his timing better and he only fluffed a few lines. Meanwhile the band was on point from start to finish.

You're right about the sound overall. With Genesis you expect subtlety, peaks and troughs, but this was really in your face from beginning to end. Because of the setlist and visuals, I liked it this way actually but, yes, it's not what you normally get from Genesis.

• I feel really grateful to have managed to see them one last time and say goodbye.

Musically they were amazing, and Nic is genuinely excellent. Also quite glad that these gigs got delayed from October as Phil has got a lot better since the first set of UK shows.

I had a few "moments" - seeing them first walk on, during Cinema Show/Afterglow (pretty much my favourite Genesis thing), and obviously at the end. Great to see lots of love for them at the O2.

Anyone going tonight or tomorrow - enjoy!

• Going tonight and feeling a bit weird about it. Tomorrow will be really odd and I suspect I'll be emotional but it remains to be seen.

Tomorrow I'm attending with my sister as a gift for a milestone birthday. Ironically, the postponement has brought the gig to within a few weeks of the actual birthday.

Abandon all reason

• Going tonight and feeling a bit weird about it. Tomorrow will be really odd and I suspect I'll be emotional but it remains to be seen.

Tomorrow I'm attending with my sister as a gift for a milestone birthday. Ironically, the postponement has brought the gig to within a few weeks of the actual birthday.

Lucky you. I'm having an internal dialogue about whether I can justify the court of last-minute tickets for the final night when I'd have done nights 1 and 2 as well. Something about being there for the final goodbye though...

• had the same thought..going tonight and have thought about tomorrow, but think i am going to stay sober tonight and make the most of it and enjoy as a one off...also won't be comparing performance etc between nights

Taking my partner who has never seen them live before...think she may be even more excited than me and hopefully she will get to feel the brilliance of these guys!

• We really despise people who drink lots of alcohol at gigs.

There was this one guy, sat in the row in front... on the 1st night last September, completely hammered. He was such a disturbance he thought he was funny. He made a complete C**t of himself.

The issue we had, was for me I struggle to concentrate at the best of times, and here's this selfish person, so drunk its unbelievable that he was allowed into the venue, disrupting folk.

On another night, people couldn't help but drink and drink, then three songs later is er sorry mate I need the toilet. Up/Down trying to let these selfish twunts out / in.

My tickets were expensive, as they were for other people too. We should not have to tolerate nor accept such behaviour as normal.

TGA

• indeed..buy a expensive ticket, spend half the show in the toilet and forget the other half !

When i said i would stay sober, i meant stay off any drink as at my age, the need to pee does arise, and don't want to miss any of the action!

• indeed..buy a expensive ticket, spend half the show in the toilet and forget the other half !

When i said i would stay sober, i meant stay off any drink as at my age, the need to pee does arise, and don't want to miss any of the action!

No Son of Mine is placed perfectly in the middle of the set to allow a leisurely pee break

• Flying from Philadelphia today for the Saturday show. Like Backdrifter I’m celebrating a milestone birthday — couldn’t imagine a better gift to myself. Thanks all for the reports from the O2 so far. I typically rent good (arena-allowed) cameras for my favourite gigs but I’m thinking of just being present for this one…