Last 4 UK shows postponed due to positive covid tests within band

• To say I was heartbroken about the cancellation is an understatement, I flew from the U.S. to see them in London only to find out it was cancelled while I was in the air 😢

Oh man. That's horrible. Hope you were able to make something of your time in London anyway.

• I was heartbroken too. Luckily I found out before I headed out to the airport in Amsterdam n the 9yh I was going to the show today on the 11th. Also strange the ticket office didn't notify I heard it from a friend.

• I was thinking earlier, that it's likely the 3 younger members that were the ones who potentially tested positive.

The Main members are more likely to keep to themselves etc, although it doesn't mean it wasn't any of them either.

Poxy virus.

• I was heartbroken too. Luckily I found out before I headed out to the airport in Amsterdam n the 9yh I was going to the show today on the 11th. Also strange the ticket office didn't notify I heard it from a friend.

I still haven’t heard anything from the ticket office, I only found out from a friend who emailed me if I had heard the news

• A disruption of this magnitude has multiple implications; it's not a matter of finding open dates in London to reschedule the cancelled shows. Keep in mind that a tour of this scale has complex logistics like shipping the whole production overseas (lighting, PA system, gear, merch and staff) which means that equipment would not be sitting idle waiting but was already scheduled to leave the UK ahead of the North american tour.

And now covid makes matters a lot more complicated, quarantine regulations and testing.

I sure hope anyone who has fallen sick recovers well and I sure hope it's not Mike or Tony. Some reports have already dismissed it is Phil. Even if the band members are fully vaccinated, there is always a risk.

And I feel really bad for the fans who were airborne travelling to the UK and got the bad news. I have had that feeling when I had arrived in Mexico city to see Camel in 2002 only to learn they had cancelled on that day.

Fingers crossed so that the Canada US tour is not impacted by this.

• Fingers crossed so that the Canada US tour is not impacted by this.

I don't think so. It's still a couple of weeks ahead and the only question would be health issues. But I think I read somewhere they are all vaccinated, so we can assume they won't get sick, at least not for long.

What remains unclear is the general situation in the US and Canada regarding indoor shows and large crowds.

• To say I was heartbroken about the cancellation is an understatement, I flew from the U.S. to see them in London only to find out it was cancelled while I was in the air 😢

If I was you, I would make the most of my time in London. If you have a rental car, I would go visit some Genesis-related places of interest (i.e. The Farm, Charterhouse, etc). Hope you can salvage your time and make it fun!

• I don't think so. It's still a couple of weeks ahead and the only question would be health issues. But I think I read somewhere they are all vaccinated, so we can assume they won't get sick, at least not for long.

What remains unclear is the general situation in the US and Canada regarding indoor shows and large crowds.

I have tickets for the show at the Capital One arena in Washington, DC. The last time I checked masks will be required inside the arena. I’m not terribly worried about the vaccine status of the people who will be around me. Given that a large % of the population in DC is employed by the federal government those who fit that category will be vaccinated. Also, given the average age of most Genesis fans in 2021 I suspect that most in the audience will be vaccinated.

• I have tickets for the show at the Capital One arena in Washington, DC. The last time I checked masks will be required inside the arena. I’m not terribly worried about the vaccine status of the people who will be around me. Given that a large % of the population in DC is employed by the federal government those who fit that category will be vaccinated. Also, given the average age of most Genesis fans in 2021 I suspect that most in the audience will be vaccinated.

Being fully vaccinated isn't everything, as a lot of older people are now getting boosters.

• In Montreal Quebec where two shows are scheduled (Nov 22-23) and I have tickets, there is a vaccine passport and mask requirement.

Like some have said, the large majority of the audience are older folks like me who already have the vax but no boosters have been authorized yet in Canada. The other good news is that finally the land border will be open in November to all non-essential travel provided the person is vaccinated. Trans-border crossing for Tour buses and equipment trailers should be able to enter problem free like in pre-covid days.

So as along as the show does goes on, it is looking good for Genesis in Canada.

• Being fully vaccinated isn't everything, as a lot of older people are now getting boosters.

True, and as soon as the approval comes through for a Moderna booster I'll get it. I was outdoors in Baltimore this past Monday night with 70,000 other people at the Ravens game. Total craziness with the Ravens mounting an epic 4th quarter and overtime comeback to win. Being outdoors gave me some sense of protection, although realistically as my girlfriend pointed out the way strangers were screaming and high-fiving each other at the end of the game Covid protocols went out the window. We kept our hands away from our face and washed our hands thoroughly as soon as we got back to our hotet room. How much difference that made, who knows?

• Being fully vaccinated isn't everything, as a lot of older people are now getting boosters.

I was double vaccinated as of early April but I still wound up with a breakthrough case at the end of August. Thankfully it was very mild. Just a bad headache for a few days and a low-grade fever.

Just got my 3rd booster jab the other day.

• I just read that Phil Collins doesn't have it but 2 band members do. I hope it's the younger guys I think there body's can fight it off more then the older guys. Wish them all well and speedy recovery

• Yes, I think it's more likely to be the 2 backing singers (although no guarantee) but thankfully its not Phil.

I just hope they don't get this crazy cold going around also, it's horrible.

• I just read that Phil Collins doesn't have it but 2 band members do. I hope it's the younger guys I think there body's can fight it off more then the older guys. Wish them all well and speedy recovery

Age isn't always a factor in fighting the virus off, it's about the individual person.

• Yes, I think it's more likely to be the 2 backing singers (although no guarantee) but thankfully its not Phil.

I just hope they don't get this crazy cold going around also, it's horrible.

Very bad cold / flu symptoms could be the Delta variant. Have people been testing for this?

• Very bad cold / flu symptoms could be the Delta variant. Have people been testing for this?

Well in the UK they just announced 43,000 plus results were wrong from one of the labs doing PCR tests.

So it's likely positive people went back out and infected others as a result!