Genesis BBC Recordings Five Cd Box Set out soon!!!!!

• Maybe I will say this - something new will definitely come out - not so much rehearsals, as some video - but I don't know what. :) How would the Concord company want to remind Genesis's music to the "young generation" other than through concerts? Not so much rehearsals as concerts. :) It is supposed to be some "advertising campaign", according to this text. And I see no other possibility in this case than "reminding" a concert. There would be no point in doing an advertising campaign to make another compilation. It is on my logic. I can always be wrong.

• The only thing that's being talked about being released is the BBC sessions. This really is a surprise considering some in the band vetoed the release back in the 90's. I'm wondering if this will still happen now that they sold their publishing rights? Who knows...

• Of course, I know about it, but I can bet a lot of money that something new will be released in the years 2023-2024, and it's not really a video from The Last Domino. It's hard to say what will come out, but I suspect that this Concord company will focus on a more commercial period in the band's work and will either bet on some more videos from the Duke Tour, or more likely - on the Invisible Touch Tour. We Can't Dance Tour- I doubt it (unless the official full Knebworth on the 1992 DVD). However, I bet on 1986-1987, because then the band reached the peak of commercial popularity. Not even in 1992. Back then, as the Invisible Touch Tour was released. Unfortunately, I am afraid that they will not bet strictly on 1986, but on 1987. I do not even exclude a full release of Hannover or Montreux - or something from Japan. For sure, something will be released that will satisfy the tastes of younger fans - at least for now. Or a 1977 or 1978 concert could be put out - but "on trial" to see how people react to it. But I suppose they'll start in the commercial period - which is the late 80's or early 90's. For me it would be best if they picked up the "hapless" Toronto from 1986, but I suspect they'll start in 1987. We'll see.

• Concord are far more likely to 'persuade' a film director to put Follow You, Follow, Me into a movie soundtrack rather than faff around with physical product launches. It's all about streaming volumes, PRS royalties and cashflows for these guys. And they don't give a damn about fans, of Genesis or anybody else, sadly.

• Maybe you know the company better - but they want to bring Genesis music closer to the "young generation". Will they bring Genesis's music closer to them through only commercials? Not completely. :) In this article it was clearly stated - Genesis music is to be remembered "to the young generation". I believe there will be a physical video as it will be practically the only way to reach young audiences. :) I would have to know what it is like with the recordings of those musicians who sold their collection there - or something else that Concord released. I can always be wrong, but I believe there will be something new. The only question is what. It couldn't be worse anyway hahah- because Genesis hasn't released anything new for a long time. :) I think since 2007 :)

• Maybe you know the company better - but they want to bring Genesis music closer to the "young generation". Will they bring Genesis's music closer to them through only commercials? Not completely. :) In this article it was clearly stated - Genesis music is to be remembered "to the young generation". I believe there will be a physical video as it will be practically the only way to reach young audiences. :) I would have to know what it is like with the recordings of those musicians who sold their collection there - or something else that Concord released. I can always be wrong, but I believe there will be something new. The only question is what. It couldn't be worse anyway hahah- because Genesis hasn't released anything new for a long time. :) I think since 2007 :)

Physical Video? To the young generation? Unlikely, more likely to be streaming options. Yes, there will be physical stuff, but only stuff likely to sell in "guaranteed returns" quantities. And Genesis will no longer have any say. At all!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Well, because Genesis will no longer have an impact on it, I am 80% convinced that something new will come out in 2024. :) To reach the young generation, ONLY compilations are not needed, but video material - DVD, Blu -Ray. Whatever. It also means that commercial material will be released to get money back - for example concert from 1986 or 1987. Besides for "older" fans - just release 2 full videos from each tour plus a good advertising campaign - they will make up for it within many years this money. We'll see what comes out of it - anyway, it can't get any worse. Nothing has been practically new for 15 years. :) Therefore, something 80% new will be by the end of 2024. May I be right.

• This thread seems to have gone of piste a bit, still no news of this 5cd box then I see! I wonder what Davis' meant by 'really soon', probably next year...

They might mean the Peter Gabriel version of "really soon"! ^^

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Official Post

Those semi-legal bootlegs are available also on amazon and other stores. Neither of those will be part of the boxset concept,. but of course it's possible that some of the shows will be part of the set.

• on a slight tangent but in relation to live shows...was listening to a show recently where Mike and Steve introduced songs.. got me thinking if Tony has ever introduced a song or if ever actually spoken at a show! (ignoring backing vocals)?

Can't think of any, but must be sometime...possibly 🤔

• on a slight tangent but in relation to live shows...was listening to a show recently where Mike and Steve introduced songs.. got me thinking if Tony has ever introduced a song or if ever actually spoken at a show! (ignoring backing vocals)?

Can't think of any, but must be sometime...possibly 🤔

It'll presumably be 76 tour stuff you heard, when PC was still not fully confident communicating with the audience so MR and SH did a couple of the intros. I'm not aware TB did any on that tour or ever but it made me wonder the same thing too.

Abandon all reason

• It'll presumably be 76 tour stuff you heard, when PC was still not fully confident communicating with the audience so MR and SH did a couple of the intros. I'm not aware TB did any on that tour or ever but it made me wonder the same thing too.

Yes SH introduced Firth and Mike did YOSW and White Mountain..both around 76-78 tours..Tony was no doubt fine tuning the Mellotron!