PETER GABRIEL - i/o Full Moon Club subscription on Bandcamp

• We knew this song since a while... anyway...

"we"? Well, it's the first official release and I am aware it has been available via unofficial sources, but it looks like this mix is different.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• For new tracks in the attics, i’m sure that Peter keeps them for the next album… but there are plenty of old stuff. So, we´ll see what happened.

he said he will continue with new tracks later this year. "Funny man" is a nice addition, I like it.

... there's a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in

• Topping the Mountain is just a slow-mo thing from the Nee Blood sessions, so nothing for me really …

Funny Man is also not really my cup to tea (would prefer something from the 80s or 90s we don‘t know), but the Bandcamp club surely is the perfect place to publish this. I am sure a lot of fans are grateful!

Looking forward to what might come next …

• Topping the Mountain is just a slow-mo thing from the Nee Blood sessions, so nothing for me really …

Funny Man is also not really my cup to tea (would prefer something from the 80s or 90s we don‘t know), but the Bandcamp club surely is the perfect place to publish this. I am sure a lot of fans are grateful!

Looking forward to what might come next …

I agree. I also appreciate that Peter makes tracks like that available for fans. He won't always please everybody.

• I'm happy with the two new tracks that we got. Yes, I already had both of them through less official means...but nice to get a legitimate release of them both.

I do wish they had just dropped all the Full Stretch songs at once. I don't really want it spread out over four months, even if it's New Moon/secondary material each time.

As for Funny Man...I like those Martin Hall co-writing demos from '74-'75, so I hope all of them get out. For those who don't know, there are three songs from a 1974 session that have been bootlegged which feature Phil on drums and backing vocals as well as Ant on piano. They are You Never Know, Firebirds, and You Get What You Want. Again, you can hear all of them now via YouTube...but an official, cleaned-up release of any of them would be wonderful.

But if we are hanging out before PG1 for any length of time, the Grail-ish recordings would be the 1976 demos outlined in the Genesis-News.com's excellent recording compendium. This session features demos of:

Here Comes The Flood

Slowburn

Flotsam & Jetsam

Get The Guns (a Gabriel/Hall song that evolved into Down The Dolce Vita)

Mr. Tattoo (a Gabriel-only credit that very little seems known about)

and an unknown track

Recorded by Peter on vocals and keyboard, Phil on drums, Ant on keyboards, Mike on bass, and John Goodsall on guitar.

Man, I really want to hear those.

• Fascinating to know such a session occurred. I'd be very interested to hear it too. Sounds like a glimpse into an alternate universe - what Genesis might have sounded like if Steve and Tony had gone off and formed their own band 😆.

• Fascinating to know such a session occurred. I'd be very interested to hear it too. Sounds like a glimpse into an alternate universe - what Genesis might have sounded like if Steve and Tony had gone off and formed their own band 😆.

I also hope we will get to hear more from that session! What a great archive release.

... any moment that we bring to life - ridiculous sublime

• New moon was a few days ago ... didn't they say they wanted to get the stuff out quicker?

cheers

Christian

• No surprises as to what's been added to "catch up". I was hoping for another of the early demos, but not to be. For now.

It surpriuses me they have put out ALL remaining three Full Stretch tracks at once ...

cheers

Christian

• Next full moon is in two days already …

cheers

Christian

• „Firebird“ demo was just added to subscriber‘s libraries

cheers

Christian

• We have added the latest releases on our overview page here

Genesis News Com [it]: Peter Gabriel - Bandcamp Full Moon Club: The Exclusives

and there is also a news item here:

/ Peter Gabriel: More rarity releases on Bandcamp

cheers

Christian

• Really glad they added the rest of the Full Stretch tracks all at once. It would have been ok but not ideal to have it be one track at a time for four months; now we can hopefully get another project going for the Club releases.

As for Firebird: I'm more than ok if we are getting all those "Before The Flood"-era demos. Am I right in thinking, based on the Recording Compendium, that this track features Ant Phillips on the piano?