Initial brainstorming with Skrillex

Engineering by Oli Jacobs, Katie May, Dom Shaw

Assistant engineering by Faye Dolle, Dom Shaw

Orchestral Engineering by Lewis Jones

Orchestral Assistant Engineering by Tom Coath, Luie Stylianou

Pre-production enginneering and Development by Richard Chappell

Produced by Peter Gabriel

Mastered by Matt Colton at Metropolis

Recorded at Real World Studios, Bath, The Beehive, London, British Grove, London, Alfvénsalen, Uppsala Sweden

Cover "Conexión de catedral II" by David Moreno. 90 x 20 x 90 cm. Carbonsteel, silver, paint. From series: Conexión de catedral

Drums: Manu Katché

Percussion: Oli Middleton, Katie May (Snare Roll), Oli Jacobs (Tambourine)

Rhythm Programming: Peter Gabriel, Oli Jacobs (Snare Sample)

Bass: Tony Levin

Synths: Peter Gabriel Additional Synths Oli Jacobs (OP1), Brian Eno (Dreamy Piano)

Electric Guitar: David Rhodes

Additional Guitar: Oli Jacobs

Choir Orphei Drängar

First tenors: Per Bergeå Af Geijerstam, Lukas Gavelin, Stefan Grudén, Lionel Guy, Samuel Göranzon, Björn Hagland, Peter Hagland, Henrik Hallingbäck, Magnus Hjerpe, Oskar Johansson, Lars Plahn, Carl Risinger, Alexander Rosenström, Pär Sandberg, Magnus Sjögren, Magnus Store, Stefan Strålsjö, Henrik Sundqvist, Staffan Sundström, Jon Svedin, Olle Terenius, Maki Yamada

Second tenors: Johan Berglund, Kristian Cardell, Jens Carlander, Jun Young Chung, Joakim Ekedahl, Olle Englund, Nils Frykman, Anton Grönberg, Johan Hedlund, Daniel Hjerpe, Fredrik Kjellröier, Kristofer Klerfalk, Nils Klöfver, Mattias Lundblad, Per-Henning Olsson, Peter Stockhaus, Peter Stureson, Anders Sundin, Erik Sylvén, Clas Tegerstrand, Magnus Törnerud, Sebastian Ullmark, Oskar Wetterqvist, Erik Östblom

First basses: Jonas Andersson, Filip Backström, Nils Bergel, Rickard Carlsson, Daniel Dahlborg, Oloph Demker, Nils Edlund, Erik Hartman, Lars Johansson Brissman, Elis Jörpeland, Jan Magnusson, Johan Morén, Tobias Neil, David Nogerius, Stein Norheim, Jacob Risberg, Stefan Simon, Henrik Stolare, Tor Thomsson, Håkan Tribell, Gunnar Wall, Fredrik Wetterqvist, Kristofer Zetterqvist, Samuel Åhman

Second basses: Gustav Alberius, Lars Annernäs, Emil Bengtsson, Anders Bergendahl, Peter Bladh, Max Block, Ludwig Engblom Strucke, Stefan Ernlund, Fredrik Hoffmann, Boris Klanger, Adam Liifw, Andreas Lundquist, Marcus Lundwall, Joakim Lücke, Johan Muskala, Björn Niklasson, Mattias Nilsson, Elias Norrby, Ola Olén, Carl Sandberg, Magnus Schultzberg, Anand Sharma, Isak Sköld, David Stålhane, Stefan Wesslegård, Gustav Åström

Choir Conductor: Cecilia Rydinger

Choir Engineer: Erland von Heijne

Choir Arrangement: Peter Gabriel with Dom Shaw and Cecilia Rydinger

BVs: Ríoghnach Connolly

LVs: Peter Gabriel

Orchestral Arrangement: John Metcalfe with Peter Gabriel

From the New Blood Orchestra

Violins: Everton Nelson, Richard George, Natalia Bonner, Cathy Thompson, Debbie Widdup, Odile Ollagnon, Ian Humphries, Louisa Fuller, Martin Burgess, Clare Hayes, Charles Mutter, Marianne Haynes

Violas: Bruce White, Rachel Roberts, Fiona Bonds, Peter Lale

Cellos: Ian Burdge, Caroline Dale, Tony Woollard, Chris Worsey, William Schofield, Chris Allan

Double bass: Chris Laurence, Lucy Shaw, Stacey Watton

Orchestra Conductor: John Metcalfe

Orchestra Leader: Everton Nelson Sheet Music Supervisor Dave Foster

Orchestra Contractor: Lucy Whalley and Susie Gillis for Isobel Griffiths Ltd

• Official Post

Thank you 🙏 Different artwork to what is in the i/o Tour programme though?!

indeed!

Here is an example of the variations

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was really impressed with the laid back mood this had when I heard it on tour, and it really comes through in this version as well. Added to this is a very warm, cozy feel — it wouldn't sound out of place next to some material from Us, which I also love for its warm soundscapes.

Quite a complex song in terms of structure, actually, and also features one of the best PG melodies in the verse in recent memory — in terms of showing his range as a singer. Just lovely!

Edit: Since PG himself mentions it in the video related to This Is Home, I don't feel it's amiss to mention here that new John Metcalfe album Tree is absolutely gorgeous. I've been listening to Xylem a lot since its release, and now that the whole thing is available, it's indeed a beautiful album. A great artist PG has collaborated with, and another high quality Real World release. (The Appearance of Colour from 2015 is also stellar.)

That string section in the second bridge is one of my favorite parts in the whole song.

• Very interesting Full Moon video. Peter referenced the change in artwork. He also said he probably carry on with the Full Moon releases ‘next time around’… whether that means for the surplus stuff after i/o or when the next album is ready (in 1-20 years 😃), I’m not sure. The middle section of This Is Home is interesting; I don’t recall this being played on the tour.

• Very interesting Full Moon video. Peter referenced the change in artwork. He also said he probably carry on with the Full Moon releases ‘next time around’… whether that means for the surplus stuff after i/o or when the next album is ready (in 1-20 years 😃), I’m not sure. The middle section of This Is Home is interesting; I don’t recall this being played on the tour.

It unfortunately probably means he won't go on and continue with the releases immediately after the last I/O track

• Official Post

This the full moon video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's a "grower"! Although I do not think it will be among the best tracks on i/o, it's still a great track with a nice mood and this one is also more complex than you think.

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• A great addition to the album for sure, although not in my "top 3." I do enjoy it though, and I must say to me it kind of gives off "This is the Picture" and perhaps "Lovetown" vibes. Anyone else get that? A mellow tune, with a sort of casual funky feel to it.

• The more I listen to this, the more I like it!

I wasn’t really impressed when they played this live, but the track obviously needs some time. The vocals are stunning, the overall atmosphere is great and it reminds me bit of “Lovetown”.
    Quite a complex arrangement again as well

• Definitely missing the strings, as compared to the live version. Perhaps we'll hear them in the Bright Side Mix, coming in a couple weeks

? There are strings, quite prominently, in the second half of that song. Peter also talks about this in the full moon video.

• ? There are strings, quite prominently, in the second half of that song. Peter also talks about this in the full moon video.

I'm not referring to the orchestral ensemble notes that are playing later on, but rather the solo strings we clearly hear early on in the live version. IMO that sounds beautiful.

Haven't watched the full moon video yet-I'll check that out.