i/o will be released on December 1st

• Official Post

i/o, the new album by Peter Gabriel, will finally be released on 1 December 2023, by which time all the songs from the Full Moon releases will have been out (though the second mix of the November track will then be available "in advance", so to speak, with the physical release).

i/o will come in these formats :

i/o 2CD

All songs of the album in bright-side and dark-side mix.

2CD/Blu-ray

In addition to the two stereo mixes (Bright-Side, Dark-Side), the Blu-ray also contains the Dolby Atmos In-Side Mix. So the surround version is also released.

2LP (Bright-Side) und 2LP (Dark-Side)

For vinyl fans there are two double LPs - one for each mix.

A more extensive box set is to be released a little later

For more details and some images see our news-posting.

• THOM

Changed the title of the thread from “i/o well be released on December 1st” to “i/o will be released on December 1st”.
  • Hurrah!

Many editions to choose from, which is no surprise. My music collection and listening habits have been digital for so long that even by the time of New Blood and Live Blood I didn't really buy CDs anymore — yet had to get those in a physical format, of course. I think I'll go with the edition with the Blu-ray, even though I don't see myself parting ways with Apple Music anytime soon.

But some sort of poster of the cover would be nice to frame and hang on the wall...

• It’s interesting that the running order of the CD and digital versions of i/o is different and is as below. Doesn't this track list match exactly the full moon release order?

1. Panopticom

2. The Court
    3. Playing for Time
    4. i/o
    5. Four Kinds of Horses
    6. Road to Joy
    7. So Much
    8. Olive Tree
    9. Love Can Heal
    10. This Is Home
    11. And Still
    12. Live And Let Live

• Official Post

yes, the tracklist from the WOMAD listening party is oobviously the one they have chosen for Vinyl. For whatever reason...

• For vinyl collectors like myself what if you like some of the songs (bright-side) and some (Dark-side). You have to end up buying 2 sets which will be rather expensive

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Official Post

For vinyl collectors like myself what if you like some of the songs (bright-side) and some (Dark-side). You have to end up buying 2 sets which will be rather expensive

what if he had chosen to mix the mixes and you are not satisfied or have a different opinion? Well, it's the i/o concept to have them both! People who buy the CD do not even have the chance to decide, they get both.

• For vinyl collectors like myself what if you like some of the songs (bright-side) and some (Dark-side). You have to end up buying 2 sets which will be rather expensive

I dabble in vinyl collecting and have come to accept that sometimes the amount I pay for a release is something I could not possibly justify to another human being, when it is available in a more convenient format for cheaper.

• OMG What a predicament for me!

As I've gotten into vinyl over the last couple years, I plan on getting this in vinyl. BUT there are about 2/3 of the songs where I prefer Bright Side mixes, but there's 3 or 4 where I really prefer the Dark Side mixes! I am NOT buying two vinyl versions of this album. I guess it's time for me to make a decision. If I simply go with "majority," then it looks like I'm getting the Bright Side version...

Although I would LOVE to hear the Inside mixes in 5.1 surround as well...so PERHAPS I may also get the CD/blu-ray release as well, sometime down the road...

Such choices!!

• Oof they all have a different color theme too. It's a completist's nightmare 😆. I laugh as a small-time completist. It reminds me of a Smashing Pumpkins release in 2007 which had multiple different colored covers, each version containing a different bonus track.

• Great to have physical releases confirmed. Waiting for a Canadian option to save on shipping for the boxset.

My dilemma: which tracklist to use? One can assume the CD tracklist is PG's preferred version, as vinyl has more limitations. Though perhaps PG, just like the bright side and dark side mixes, decided to release two different tracklists as he likes both. Thoughts?

• I’m glad to hear it’s going to be a two-disc CD set providing both mixes, thus eliminating the chance of a preferred mix being excluded.

Excellent news. It will serve as an early Christmas present to myself.

• what if he had chosen to mix the mixes and you are not satisfied or have a different opinion? Well, it's the i/o concept to have them both! People who buy the CD do not even have the chance to decide, they get both.

I would rather he had chosen the mixes from the live shows, and have just 1 CD. Were these the same as the first released versions?

• Official Post

Mixes from the live shows? That’s live and not studio. So that doesn’t make any sense at all.