GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• I’m amazed they have said April to be honest, seems very quick and just after Winter and the cold weather when you can expect the Corona to be making a resurgence?. I think in the Summer months like now for example next year would be preferable?.

• I’m amazed they have said April to be honest, seems very quick and just after Winter and the cold weather when you can expect the Corona to be making a resurgence?. I think in the Summer months like now for example next year would be preferable?.

Totally agree. I don't even know if it will be totally safe by April 2021

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Very happy today.. Optimisic about April being Ok. Also got some extra date tickets. Going twice now:):):):) One of biggest refgrets was not going to both both shows in UK in 2007. Could only afford one show last year.

• Official Post

all new dates and ticket info are now also on our tour dates page

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…-2020-all-dates-s772.html

I find April 2021 very optimistic, I must say.

• Even the Prime Minister has just said that he doesn’t think the UK will be over this completely till the middle of next year !. I can see everyone having to wear masks at these shows anyway, it’s going to be fun at the bar when people start taking their masks off to have a glass of wine and a pint of beer!!. Who ever thought of April just doesn’t seem to get it for me.

Can just see Phil saying Manchester Arena how you all doing tonight? - 20,000 muffled replies in return due to the masks!. Going to look great on the concert Blu-ray All the masks looking back at him!!.

for me any concert over 1,000 people in a 3,000 seat venue till a vaccine is available is very foolhardy !.

Edited once, last by Wayne ().

• I agree April is very optimistic. Does anyone know anything about the Newcastle gigs and old tickets not being valid? Have had a garbled message from my son who arranged the tickets and I’m not sure I’ve understood him correctly and I can’t speak to him yet as he’s in work

• I’ve just

I agree April is very optimistic. Does anyone know anything about the Newcastle gigs and old tickets not being valid? Have had a garbled message from my son who arranged the tickets and I’m not sure I’ve understood him correctly and I can’t speak to him yet as he’s in work

I’ve just had an email saying that Tickets are valid for the two I’m going to at Manchester & Leeds so I would presume that you would have the same choices, unless they are changing capacity at Newcastle which I doubt?. I’m sure you will be fine.

• :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Very happy today.. Optimisic about April being Ok. Also got some extra date tickets. Going twice now:):):):) One of biggest refgrets was not going to both both shows in UK in 2007. Could only afford one show last year.

As with most here I absolutely do not share your optimism at all, I'm surprised and dismayed it hasn't been put back by at least 12 months. All sorts of scheduling issues no doubt, and as mentioned before it's no small job rescheduling a tour, but personally I think the timing is wildly optimistic.

Abandon all reason

• Frankly, given his health in recent times, I'd be surprised if Phil was willing to expose himself to the virus so readily.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Made contact with my son and got the email, Newcastle tickets are valid for the new dates! To be fair he’s had a mad week at work. But I still think April is very optimistic. I think there may be some sort of vaccine by then but it will not be certain how much protection is given. This seems to me to be a holding measure and there may well be a second postponement.

Anyway we just have to go with it.

• If there is a vaccine by April you can bet your bottom dollar it won’t be available for everyone, only those at increased risk, Keyworkers, the elderly and compromised physically will be first to get it and rightly so. Although none of us has any idea of what could be around the corner with this

, I doubt this tour will happen in April. Don’t get me wrong I’d love it to but how many people will be uncertain about attending any of these massive shows if there is coronavirus more widely circulating than current times. Although I’m not a betting man I think they have took the first dates available and should have looked at least July or August 2021 onwards. Hopefully we don’t have a bad winter or second wave but if we do I think April will be a no go area for concerts of this scale?.

• Well I'm a vulnerable keyworker and so is my friend who bought the tickets. . Mrsfarmer is a keyworker . Anyway if the vaccine gets out in the new year there should be enough people around immune to prevent a big outbreak. Hopefully. I'm being optimistic. A rare thing for me according to most people that know me. Generally my friends and family call me a grumpy old bastard. And they're the one the ones that like me! I'm all happy . Bought more tickets today. I'm going. I sheilded for 12 weeks. Back at work now . Can't afford anymore time off. If it comes to risking life and limb against missing Genesis there's no contest. I'll wear a mask. Face shield . Goggles . Overalls and gloves . I'll be fine..So will Phil Mike and. Tony.

• Surely you're entitled to a refund. Though can't see why anyone would want one. April is plenty of time to re schedule your holiday or wedding. .

There's plenty of reasons why people would want a refund. Perhaps the main one being putting yourself at risk. April seems far too early, as some others have stated too.

• There's plenty of reasons why people would want a refund. Perhaps the main one being putting yourself at risk. April seems far too early, as some others have stated too.

I agree with you. April seems far too optimistic to me, especially for an indoor show.

I'm hoping to resume some type of concert going by next summer, and then only outdoor shows at that. Places where I'd be able to move around and social distance comfortably.

Then fingers crossed by fall 2021 we'd be able to see some indoor shows.

• Frankly, given his health in recent times, I'd be surprised if Phil was willing to expose himself to the virus so readily.

True this. A diabetic septuagenarian taking deep breaths with thousands of adoring fans expelling virions with gusto in his direction. Throwing It All Away sounds like a very high risk dare in the circumstances.

• As with most here I absolutely do not share your optimism at all, I'm surprised and dismayed it hasn't been put back by at least 12 months. All sorts of scheduling issues no doubt, and as mentioned before it's no small job rescheduling a tour, but personally I think the timing is wildly optimistic.

I need something to be cheerful about. Going twice now. Got really good tickets this time. If it gets puts back again it does.